Embedded FreeBSD on a five-core RISC-V processor using LLVM

Embedded FreeBSD on a five-core RISC-V processor using LLVM

Dinesh Thirumurthy
Hi,

This talk

https://fosdem.org/2019/schedule/event/testing_freebsd_risc_v5/

is being presented at 1130 UTC Sat Feb 2nd. You can view via live
streaming video.

They talk about FreeBSD bring up on the SiFive FU540, RISC-V board.

The BSD track is at https://fosdem.org/2019/schedule/track/bsd/

The RISC-V track is at https://fosdem.org/2019/schedule/track/risc_v/

Thanks.
Regards
Dinesh

Re: Embedded FreeBSD on a five-core RISC-V processor using LLVM

Stuart Henderson
On 2019-02-01, Dinesh Thirumurthy <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> This talk
>
> https://fosdem.org/2019/schedule/event/testing_freebsd_risc_v5/
>
> is being presented at 1130 UTC Sat Feb 2nd. You can view via live
> streaming video.
>
> They talk about FreeBSD bring up on the SiFive FU540, RISC-V board.
>
> The BSD track is at https://fosdem.org/2019/schedule/track/bsd/
>
> The RISC-V track is at https://fosdem.org/2019/schedule/track/risc_v/
>
> Thanks.
> Regards
> Dinesh

Seems like the wrong mailing list for this?

Re: Embedded FreeBSD on a five-core RISC-V processor using LLVM

Dinesh Thirumurthy
I believe a few will be interested in OpenBSD on RISC-V hardware.

This is the first time, a BSD is booting on RISC-V hardware.
Looking forward to get OpenBSD on RISC-V hardware.

So, it might be interesting to look at this talk and associated tracks.

OpenBSD on Open Source CPUs (like Shakti RISC-V) would make a great firewall.

Thanks.

Regards,
Dinesh

On 2/2/19, Stuart Henderson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 2019-02-01, Dinesh Thirumurthy <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> This talk
>>
>> https://fosdem.org/2019/schedule/event/testing_freebsd_risc_v5/
>>
>> is being presented at 1130 UTC Sat Feb 2nd. You can view via live
>> streaming video.
>>
>> They talk about FreeBSD bring up on the SiFive FU540, RISC-V board.
>>
>> The BSD track is at https://fosdem.org/2019/schedule/track/bsd/
>>
>> The RISC-V track is at https://fosdem.org/2019/schedule/track/risc_v/
>>
>> Thanks.
>> Regards
>> Dinesh
>>

> Seems like the wrong mailing list for this?

Re: Embedded FreeBSD on a five-core RISC-V processor using LLVM

Theo de Raadt-2
Please don't fanboy here.  It is not appreciated.

> I believe a few will be interested in OpenBSD on RISC-V hardware.
>
> This is the first time, a BSD is booting on RISC-V hardware.
> Looking forward to get OpenBSD on RISC-V hardware.
>
> So, it might be interesting to look at this talk and associated tracks.
>
> OpenBSD on Open Source CPUs (like Shakti RISC-V) would make a great firewall.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Regards,
> Dinesh
>

> On 2/2/19, Stuart Henderson <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > On 2019-02-01, Dinesh Thirumurthy <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> This talk
> >>
> >> https://fosdem.org/2019/schedule/event/testing_freebsd_risc_v5/
> >>
> >> is being presented at 1130 UTC Sat Feb 2nd. You can view via live
> >> streaming video.
> >>
> >> They talk about FreeBSD bring up on the SiFive FU540, RISC-V board.
> >>
> >> The BSD track is at https://fosdem.org/2019/schedule/track/bsd/
> >>
> >> The RISC-V track is at https://fosdem.org/2019/schedule/track/risc_v/
> >>
> >> Thanks.
> >> Regards
> >> Dinesh
> >>

> > Seems like the wrong mailing list for this?

Re: Embedded FreeBSD on a five-core RISC-V processor using LLVM

Karel Gardas
On Sat, 2 Feb 2019 05:59:36 +0530
Dinesh Thirumurthy <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I believe a few will be interested in OpenBSD on RISC-V hardware.
>
> This is the first time, a BSD is booting on RISC-V hardware.
> Looking forward to get OpenBSD on RISC-V hardware.

I've seen on twitter a guy who booted NetBSD on RISC-V spike sim. That would be probably better code
if you consider porting of OpenBSD to RISC-V since NetBSD and OpenBSD are more close together.