Eclipse IDE

Karel Gardas

Hello,

just curious if there is anybody here working on more recent Eclipse
IDE port. If not, then any advices how to proceed with this are
appreciated. Basically I've seen that FBSD (freshports) provides more
recent port so there may be some interesting bits there too just not
sure if to use that as a starting point or try to update OBSD's old
port incrementaly...

Thanks,
Karel

Re: Eclipse IDE

Daniel Dickman

> On Jan 10, 2019, at 10:49 AM, Karel Gardas <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> Hello,
>
> just curious if there is anybody here working on more recent Eclipse
> IDE port. If not, then any advices how to proceed with this are
> appreciated. Basically I've seen that FBSD (freshports) provides more
> recent port so there may be some interesting bits there too just not
> sure if to use that as a starting point or try to update OBSD's old
> port incrementaly...
>
> Thanks,
> Karel

some work was done in 2012:
https://marc.info/?t=133616925900003&r=1&w=2

it may or may not be a helpful starting point.

i remember the challenge was around the native components last time i looked. but i suspect things have changed significantly in the past 7 years since i last looked.