Dutch gouvernment will spend 500.000 euro on open source crypto

Dutch gouvernment will spend 500.000 euro on open source crypto

Floor Terra
Dear advocacy list,

The Dutch parliament has just agreed to spend 500.000 euro's on opensource
crypto projects. Our ministry of finance will decide on how the money will
be divided. The proposal specifically mentions LibreSSL as one of the
projects.

Sadly, the article is only in Dutch.

http://tweakers.net/nieuws/106723/open-encryptieprojecten-krijgen-half-miljoen-euro-van-nederlandse-overheid.html

Floor

Re: Dutch gouvernment will spend 500.000 euro on open source crypto

Otto Moerbeek
On Tue, Dec 08, 2015 at 02:59:22PM +0000, Floor Terra wrote:

> Dear advocacy list,
>
> The Dutch parliament has just agreed to spend 500.000 euro's on opensource
> crypto projects. Our ministry of finance will decide on how the money will
> be divided. The proposal specifically mentions LibreSSL as one of the
> projects.
>
> Sadly, the article is only in Dutch.
>
> http://tweakers.net/nieuws/106723/open-encryptieprojecten-krijgen-half-miljoen-euro-van-nederlandse-overheid.html
>
> Floor

Small correction: the ministry of economic affairs will decide which
projects will be funded, after consultation with experts in the field.
Let's hope the money comes with no strings attached,

        -Otto