Dual-head DVI on -CURRENT & X.Org 6.9.0

Nick Holmes
Dear Misc@,

I am looking to build a new OpenBSD workstation for home and would like to
have a dual-headed setup using DVI. I have seen some recent previous
dicussion on this matter (Matrox P650 series not supported because of
Parhelia chipset) and would like to ask a few questions about an nVidia
card:

My searching shows that:

- OpenBSD-CURRENT has recently bumped to X.org v6.9.0
(http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=openbsd-cvs&m=113736397823846)

- nv manpage for 6.9.0 shows that it supports the 6xxx series of cards
(http://ftp.x.org/pub/X11R6.9.0/doc/html/nv.4.html)

- There are several conflicting reports of dual-headed support working on a
single card under the standard "nv"driver.

I have been looking at the "XFX GeForce 6600 GT 128MB DDR3" (Model:
PV-T43G-ND) which is a PCI-E card with Dual-DVI outputs. Does anyone here
have experience of using this card in a dual-headed configuration on
OpenBSD-CURRENT (using X.org 6.9.0) and does it work? If so, could you
please share your config files or any caveats with me?

Many thanks in advance for any advice.

Regards,

Nick
London, UK
7.5 today! http://messenger.msn.co.uk

Re: Dual-head DVI on -CURRENT & X.Org 6.9.0

chefren
Nick Holmes wrote:

> Dear Misc@,
>
> I am looking to build a new OpenBSD workstation for home and would
> like to have a dual-headed setup using DVI. I have seen some recent
> previous dicussion on this matter (Matrox P650 series not supported
> because of Parhelia chipset)

Hm, few weeks ago I bought the

http://shopmatrox.com/usa/products/categories.asp?CategoryID=74&Column=2

*Millennium G550 PCIe*

G55-MDDE32
World's first PCI Express x1 graphics card.
*$139.00*

It has 2xDVI with VGA adapters, and it works perfectly with 3.8 on a Dell430

By the way, i'm very interested in information about an OpenBSD
supported graphics card that supports the 30" displays of Apple and Dell

+++chefren