Do not give-up on marketing

Rupert Gallagher
Click on stickers.

https://www.parallella.org/buy/

Do the same and be happy.

Re: Do not give-up on marketing

Mihai Popescu-3
> Q2xpY2sgb24gc3RpY2tlcnMuCgpodHRwczovL3d3dy5wYXJhbGxlbGxhLm9y
> Zy9idXkvCgpEbyB0aGUgc2FtZSBhbmQgYmUgaGFwcHku

Man, please quit using that encoding of ASCII mail.
Many people told you that is useless and it is not use by mainstream servers.
Please have a try and disable this, you are killing the internet email
list for nothing ! There is no benefit in using that sht.

Thanks.

Re: Do not give-up on marketing

Rupert Gallagher
I am afraid I cannot do that. The client app does not include a control panel option. There also seems to be a problem with mime handling by the list's own software. There is nothing I can do.

 :-(

Sent from ProtonMail Mobile

>> Q2xpY2sgb24gc3RpY2tlcnMuCgpodHRwczovL3d3dy5wYXJhbGxlbGxhLm9y > Zy9idXkvCgpEbyB0aGUgc2FtZSBhbmQgYmUgaGFwcHku Man, please quit using that encoding of ASCII mail. Many people told you that is useless and it is not use by mainstream servers. Please have a try and disable this, you are killing the internet email list for nothing ! There is no benefit in using that sht. Thanks.

Re: Do not give-up on marketing

Mike Hammett
FWIW: It reads just fine in my mail client. I think Mihai needs a better client.

-----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions

Midwest Internet Exchange

The Brothers WISP

Just filter @protonmail.com (I have it for message-id and in-reply-to),
you'll have a more pleasant misc@-reading experience.

Re: Do not give-up on marketing

Mihai Popescu-3
> Just filter @protonmail.com (I have it for message-id and in-reply-to), you'll have a more pleasant > misc@-reading experience.

I use to read lists in marc.info.
It is a little bit off topic, but I dare to ask: what combination are
you using, like email client and misc@ configuration( i.e, daily
digest, individual emails, etc.)?

I am sorry for the off topic.

Re: Do not give-up on marketing

Stuart Henderson
On 2017-12-03, Mihai Popescu <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Just filter @protonmail.com (I have it for message-id and in-reply-to), you'll have a more pleasant > misc@-reading experience.
>
> I use to read lists in marc.info.
> It is a little bit off topic, but I dare to ask: what combination are
> you using, like email client and misc@ configuration( i.e, daily
> digest, individual emails, etc.)?
>
> I am sorry for the off topic.

For most lists I just use mutt. For noisier ones like misc I use slrn
(via news.gmane.org) as the filtering in usenet clients is a bit better.

Re: Do not give-up on marketing

Rupert Gallagher
Finally, the truth behind the aggressive behaviour against me. Some of you cannot read protonmail posts *because* you read the list through a mail archive with a substandard implementation of mime encoding. Well, fuck you and your mail archive. Upgrade, or die slowly.

> On 2017-12-03, Mihai Popescu wrote: >> Just filter @protonmail.com (I have it for message-id and in-reply-to), you'll have a more pleasant > misc@-reading experience. > > I use to read lists in marc.info. > It is a little bit off topic, but I dare to ask: what combination are > you using, like email client and misc@ configuration( i.e, daily > digest, individual emails, etc.)? > > I am sorry for the off topic. For most lists I just use mutt. For noisier ones like misc I use slrn (via news.gmane.org) as the filtering in usenet clients is a bit better. @gmail.com>

Re: Do not give-up on marketing

Mikko Laine
Rupert Gallagher <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Finally, the truth behind the aggressive behaviour against me. Some of you cannot read protonmail posts *because* you read the list through a mail archive with a substandard implementation of mime encoding. Well, fuck you and your mail archive. Upgrade, or die slowly.

Even if the encoding issue is ignored, your messages still do not
conform to the netiquette of this mailing list and make for difficult
reading. Please do consider fixing your end.

slrn [was] Re: Do not give-up on marketing

Edgar Pettijohn III-2
On Sun, Dec 03, 2017 at 12:59:01PM +0000, Stuart Henderson wrote:

> On 2017-12-03, Mihai Popescu <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >> Just filter @protonmail.com (I have it for message-id and in-reply-to), you'll have a more pleasant > misc@-reading experience.
> >
> > I use to read lists in marc.info.
> > It is a little bit off topic, but I dare to ask: what combination are
> > you using, like email client and misc@ configuration( i.e, daily
> > digest, individual emails, etc.)?
> >
> > I am sorry for the off topic.
>
> For most lists I just use mutt. For noisier ones like misc I use slrn
> (via news.gmane.org) as the filtering in usenet clients is a bit better.

Thanks for this. I was looking for a newsreader a while back and
couldn't find one I liked. slrn is perfect!

Re: Do not give-up on marketing

x9p-2
nice idea. done. direct to trash.

cheers.

x9p

> On 2017-12-02, Mihai Popescu <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Q2xpY2sgb24gc3RpY2tlcnMuCgpodHRwczovL3d3dy5wYXJhbGxlbGxhLm9y
>>> Zy9idXkvCgpEbyB0aGUgc2FtZSBhbmQgYmUgaGFwcHku
>>
>> Man, please quit using that encoding of ASCII mail.
>> Many people told you that is useless and it is not use by mainstream
>> servers.
>> Please have a try and disable this, you are killing the internet email
>> list for nothing ! There is no benefit in using that sht.
>
> Just filter @protonmail.com (I have it for message-id and in-reply-to),
> you'll have a more pleasant misc@-reading experience.

Re: Do not give-up on marketing

Mike Hammett
It sounds more like some people need to get modern messaging platforms and stop making such a big deal out of nothing.

-----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions

Midwest Internet Exchange

The Brothers WISP

Rupert Gallagher <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Finally, the truth behind the aggressive behaviour against me. Some of you cannot read protonmail posts *because* you read the list through a mail archive with a substandard implementation of mime encoding. Well, fuck you and your mail archive. Upgrade, or die slowly.

Even if the encoding issue is ignored, your messages still do not
conform to the netiquette of this mailing list and make for difficult
reading. Please do consider fixing your end.

Re: Do not give-up on marketing

Marko Cupać
On Sun, 3 Dec 2017 12:58:42 +0200
Mihai Popescu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I use to read lists in marc.info.
> It is a little bit off topic, but I dare to ask: what combination are
> you using, like email client and misc@ configuration( i.e, daily
> digest, individual emails, etc.)?

I am using claws-mail, redirecting (by means of server-side sieve
filters) emails from each mailing list to a separate folder. I
configure sieve filters from roundcube, and for mailing lists I mostly
use rule similar to "list id contains <misc.openbsd.org> -> move
message to "INBOX\lists\openbsd\misc".

I like to receive individual mails and set mailing lists folders to

After  enlightenment - chop wood, draw water.

Marko Cupać
https://www.mimar.rs/

Re: Do not give-up on marketing

Alfred Morgan
Mihai Popescu <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I use to read lists in marc.info.
> It is a little bit off topic, but I dare to ask: what combination are
> you using, like email client and misc@ configuration( i.e, daily
> digest, individual emails, etc.)?

I'm reading on marc.info using Chrome. Here's a quick tip to read the
base64 encoded emails on the web:
1. Copy full b64 text block
2. Open javascript console (ctrl+shift+J)
3. atob(`<paste text block>`) // <-- note the backticks
4. ????
5. Profit!
-alfred

Re: Do not give-up on marketing

Sterling Archer

> On 3 Dec 2017, at 08:46, Rupert Gallagher <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Finally, the truth behind the aggressive behaviour against me. Some of you cannot read protonmail posts *because* you read the list through a mail archive with a substandard implementation of mime encoding. Well, fuck you and your mail archive. Upgrade, or die slowly.
>
> Sent from ProtonMail Mobile
>
>> On Sun, Dec 3, 2017 at 13:59, Stuart Henderson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> On 2017-12-03, Mihai Popescu wrote: >> Just filter @protonmail.com (I have it for message-id and in-reply-to), you'll have a more pleasant > misc@-reading experience. > > I use to read lists in marc.info. > It is a little bit off topic, but I dare to ask: what combination are > you using, like email client and misc@ configuration( i.e, daily > digest, individual emails, etc.)? > > I am sorry for the off topic. For most lists I just use mutt. For noisier ones like misc I use slrn (via news.gmane.org) as the filtering in usenet clients is a bit better. @gmail.com>

You've been told your email client
doesn't confirm to the netiquette of
this mailing list numerous times.
You obviously don't care, because
you keep using it, so if anyone's
being rude it's you.

How to make ProtonMail compatible with misc@ Re: Do not give-up on marketing

Joseph Mayer
Here is how to make ProtonMail compatible with misc@:

Click "Settings" up to the right.

Click the "Appearance" tab in the menu.

Under the "Composer mode" section there's a dropdown with two options, it's preset to "Normal".

Switch it to "Plain Text".

This email was sent from ProtonMail. I presume it's in the format everyone wants.

Yeah you can make the misc@ ML server filter away emails with hostile formatting.

>>On 3 Dec 2017, at 08:46, Rupert Gallagher [hidden email] wrote:
>>Finally, the truth behind the aggressive behaviour against me. Some of you cannot read protonmail posts because you read the list through a mail archive with a substandard implementation of mime encoding. Well, fuck you and your mail archive. Upgrade, or die slowly.
>>Sent from ProtonMail Mobile
>>>On Sun, Dec 3, 2017 at 13:59, Stuart Henderson [hidden email] wrote:
>>>On 2017-12-03, Mihai Popescu wrote: >> Just filter @protonmail.com (I have it for message-id and in-reply-to), you'll have a more pleasant > misc@-reading experience. > > I use to read lists in marc.info. > It is a little bit off topic, but I dare to ask: what combination are > you using, like email client and misc@ configuration( i.e, daily > digest, individual emails, etc.)? > > I am sorry for the off topic. For most lists I just use mutt. For noisier ones like misc I use slrn (via news.gmane.org) as the filtering in usenet clients is a bit better. @gmail.com>
>>>
>>> You've been told your email client
>>> doesn't confirm to the netiquette of
>>> this mailing list numerous times.
>>> You obviously don't care, because
>>> you keep using it, so if anyone's
>>> being rude it's you.

Re: How to make ProtonMail compatible with misc@ Re: Do not give-up on marketing

Rupert Gallagher
Not available on iPhone app.

Besides, I hate mail archives, and I am happy they cannot handle my mail.

> Here is how to make ProtonMail compatible with misc@: Click "Settings" up to the right. Click the "Appearance" tab in the menu. Under the "Composer mode" section there's a dropdown with two options, it's preset to "Normal". Switch it to "Plain Text". This email was sent from ProtonMail. I presume it's in the format everyone wants. Yeah you can make the misc@ ML server filter away emails with hostile formatting. >>On 3 Dec 2017, at 08:46, Rupert Gallagher [hidden email] wrote: >>Finally, the truth behind the aggressive behaviour against me. Some of you cannot read protonmail posts because you read the list through a mail archive with a substandard implementation of mime encoding. Well, fuck you and your mail archive. Upgrade, or die slowly. >>Sent from ProtonMail Mobile >>>On Sun, Dec 3, 2017 at 13:59, Stuart Henderson [hidden email] wrote: >>>On 2017-12-03, Mihai Popescu wrote: >> Just filter @protonmail.com (I have it for message-id and in-reply-to), you'll have a more pleasant > misc@-reading experience. > > I use to read lists in marc.info. > It is a little bit off topic, but I dare to ask: what combination are > you using, like email client and misc@ configuration( i.e, daily > digest, individual emails, etc.)? > > I am sorry for the off topic. For most lists I just use mutt. For noisier ones like misc I use slrn (via news.gmane.org) as the filtering in usenet clients is a bit better. @gmail.com> >>> >>> You've been told your email client >>> doesn't confirm to the netiquette of >>> this mailing list numerous times. >>> You obviously don't care, because >>> you keep using it, so if anyone's >>> being rude it's you. >>>

Re: How to make ProtonMail compatible with misc@ Re: Do not give-up on marketing

Marko Cupać
On Wed, 06 Dec 2017 00:06:14 -0500
Joseph Mayer <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Here is how to make ProtonMail compatible with misc@:
>
> Click "Settings" up to the right.
>
> Click the "Appearance" tab in the menu.
>
> Under the "Composer mode" section there's a dropdown with two
> options, it's preset to "Normal".
>
> Switch it to "Plain Text".
>

> This email was sent from ProtonMail. I presume it's in the format
> everyone wants.

Almost there, but still violating second part of the first rule: 72
characters per line ;)

Claws-mail inserts line breaks automatically.

https://www.mimar.rs/

Marko Cupać <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Joseph Mayer <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > This email was sent from ProtonMail. I presume it's in the format
> > everyone wants.
>
> Almost there, but still violating second part of the first rule: 72
> characters per line ;)

And the quoting is messy: quote only what is needed to understand the
context, and do not top-post. Thank you for appreciating us who prefer
to use cli clients.

See also https://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1855.txt, or the relevant parts of
it.