DigitalOcean's BSD debut is FreeBSD only

Re: DigitalOcean's BSD debut is FreeBSD only

Ezequiel Garzon
I should mention that RamNode offers OpenBSD -release without the
need to upload any images: you can choose OpenBSD i386 or amd64
from the pre-loaded CD images for KVM servers. I have to run `cd
/dev && ./MAKEDEV all` after installation, though [*], to avoid
getting daily insecurity reports. (Thanks, Benjamin!)

Cheers!

Ezequiel

[*] https://www.marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc&m=141768511309276&w=2

Re: free ipv6 KVM-based - cloudspin.me [was - Re: DigitalOcean's BSD debut is FreeBSD only]

Edgar Pettijohn III-2
On Dec 22, 2014, at 9:43 AM, Florian Obser wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 21, 2014 at 06:08:04PM -0500, Jiri B wrote:
>> On Sun, Dec 21, 2014 at 01:54:50AM +0000, Some Developer wrote:
>>> Vultr already support OpenBSD on their servers (you upload the
>>> OpenBSD install ISO and install it yourself) and their servers cost
>>> the same as Digital Ocean.
>>>
>>> Performance is good. They support IPv6 and they have more locations
>>> than Digital Ocean. Overall very pleased with them.
>>
>> My coll told me about cloudspin.me, it's oVirt/KVM based service,
>> free of charge, public IPv6 only. oVirt is upstream OSS project
>> for Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization.
>>
>> cloudspin.me does not offer OpenBSD image, what a suprise, but
>> I suppose everybody is able to `dd' minirootXX.fs onto virtio
>> disk :)
>
> It now offers an OpenBSD iso, runs just fine...
>
> Looks like some random dude finally implemented xkcd 908
>

>> j.
>>

> --
> I'm not entirely sure you are real.

Recently started using Vultr due to this post and it works great.

123