Difference between 5.9 vs 5.7

Mohammad BadieZadegan
Hi everybody,
I had worked with release 5.7 without any issue last year but now that I
installed 5.9 on my new Notebook(with intel graphic), it mixup me!
1. Why the command of "xorg -configure" did not create xorg.conf.new?
2. I installed xfce4 by "pkg_add xfce" successfully but still Error me this:

/home/user/.xinitrc[2]: startxfce4: not found
xinit: connection to X server lost

Thanks in advance.
Regards.

Re: Difference between 5.9 vs 5.7

Raf Czlonka-2
On Sun, Apr 24, 2016 at 01:51:53PM BST, Mohammad BadieZadegan wrote:
> Hi everybody,

Hi Mohammad,

> I had worked with release 5.7 without any issue last year but now that I
> installed 5.9 on my new Notebook(with intel graphic), it mixup me!
> 1. Why the command of "xorg -configure" did not create xorg.conf.new?

It's dead, Jim.[0]

> 2. I installed xfce4 by "pkg_add xfce" successfully but still Error me this:
>
> /home/user/.xinitrc[2]: startxfce4: not found
> xinit: connection to X server lost

What does 'which/whence startxfce4' say?

Include your '~/.xinitrc', please.

> Thanks in advance.
> Regards.

Any particular reason why you need xorg.conf at all?

Regards,

Raf

[0] https://marc.info/?m=144757628319045

Re: Difference between 5.9 vs 5.7

Mohammad BadieZadegan
Dear Raf,
It's my .xinitrc:
exec startxfc4
I installed xfce4 by "pkg_add xfce" command without any error, Is that any
better way to install it?
Regards.

[image: ( openbsd.pro ---- 933k.ir )] <http://openbsd.pro>

On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 07:35:31AM BST, Mohammad BadieZadegan wrote:
> Dear Raf,

Dear Mohammad,

> It's my .xinitrc:
> exec startxfc4
              ^^
It should be 'startxfce4'.

I have several requests in regards to your emails:

1. Stop mixing misc@ and x11@ - pick one and stick to it[0].

2. If anyone asks for content of a file or output of specific
   command, please post it verbatim applying common sense when dealing
   with identifiable data of course.

3. Answering all questions would help, too.

It'll be quite difficult to help you, otherwise.

I hope that I don't speak only for myself.

> I installed xfce4 by "pkg_add xfce" command without any error, Is that any
> better way to install it?

Provided the installation actually succeeded, it has nothing to do with it.

> Regards.

Regards,

Raf

> On Sun, Apr 24, 2016 at 6:34 PM, Raf Czlonka <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > On Sun, Apr 24, 2016 at 01:51:53PM BST, Mohammad BadieZadegan wrote:
> > > Hi everybody,
> >
> > Hi Mohammad,
> >
> > > I had worked with release 5.7 without any issue last year but now that I
> > > installed 5.9 on my new Notebook(with intel graphic), it mixup me!
> > > 1. Why the command of "xorg -configure" did not create xorg.conf.new?
> >
> > It's dead, Jim.[0]
> >
> > > 2. I installed xfce4 by "pkg_add xfce" successfully but still Error me
> > this:
> > >
> > > /home/user/.xinitrc[2]: startxfce4: not found
> > > xinit: connection to X server lost
> >
> > What does 'which/whence startxfce4' say?
> >
> > Include your '~/.xinitrc', please.
> >
> > > Thanks in advance.
> > > Regards.
> >
> > Any particular reason why you need xorg.conf at all?
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Raf
> >
> > [0] https://marc.info/?m=144757628319045
> >

> --
> [image: ( openbsd.pro ---- 933k.ir )] <http://openbsd.pro>
            ^^^^^^^^^^^
;^)

Re: Difference between 5.9 vs 5.7

Matthieu Herrb-7
On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 08:11:07AM +0100, Raf Czlonka wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 07:35:31AM BST, Mohammad BadieZadegan wrote:
> > Dear Raf,
>
> Dear Mohammad,
>
> > It's my .xinitrc:
> > exec startxfc4
>               ^^
> It should be 'startxfce4'.

Actually startxfce4 is meant as a full replacement of 'startx'. In
my .xinitrc I find it more efficient to use :

exec /bin/ksh /etc/xdg/xfce4/xinitrc

--
Matthieu Herrb

Re: Difference between 5.9 vs 5.7

Mohammad BadieZadegan
Thanks Raf,
Your Correct suggestion about "startxfce4" resolve my issue!
But Now, when I run "startx" it occured nothing until I press [Ctrl]+[C]
twice and then my XFCE loaded correctly!
Is that this new issue resolvable?
Regards.

--
[image: ( openbsd.pro ---- 933k.ir )] <http://openbsd.pro>