D-Link DSR octeon-based models

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

D-Link DSR octeon-based models

Paul Irofti-4
Hi there,

I just updated the hardware section for the octeon port and added the
DSR-500 model to the supported list.

I was wondering if similar models might also work with what's in-tree.

Could people NFS-boot or at least try the ramdisk kernel on similar
models (e.g. DSR-500N, DSR-1000, DSR-1000N) and report back so we can
expand the supported list?

Thank you,
Paul

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: D-Link DSR octeon-based models

413x
Hi Paul,

I have tried the last -current/octeon (and 5.7/octeon) on a D-Link
DSR-500N (HW A1), but the bootoctlinux command failed.

Regards,

U-Boot 1.1.1 (Development build, svnversion: exported) (Build time: Sep
  1 2010 - 16:21:09)

Warning: Board descriptor tuple not found in eeprom, using defaults
CUST_DSR500N board revision major:2, minor:0, serial #: unknown
OCTEON CN5010-SCP pass 1.1, Core clock: 300 MHz, DDR clock: 200 MHz (400
Mhz data rate)
DRAM:  128 MB
Flash: 32 MB
Clearing DRAM...... done
BIST check passed.
Starting PCI
PCI Status: PCI 32-bit
PCI BAR 0: 0x00000000, PCI BAR 1: Memory 0x00000000  PCI 0xf8000000
Net:   octeth0, octeth1, octeth2

Hit any key to stop autoboot:  0
D-Link DSR-500N bootloader# dhcp
Interface 0 has 3 ports (RGMII)
BOOTP broadcast 1
octeth0: Up 1000 Mbps Full duplex (port  0)
*** Unhandled DHCP Option in OFFER/ACK: 28
*** Unhandled DHCP Option in OFFER/ACK: 42
*** Unhandled DHCP Option in OFFER/ACK: 28
*** Unhandled DHCP Option in OFFER/ACK: 42
DHCP client bound to address 192.168.0.39
D-Link DSR-500N bootloader# tftpboot 0 bsd.rd
Using octeth0 device
TFTP from server 192.168.0.236; our IP address is 192.168.0.39
Filename 'bsd.rd'.
Load address: 0x5500000
Loading: #####################################################
done
Bytes transferred = 7548970 (73302a hex), 3311 Kbytes/sec
D-Link DSR-500N bootloader# bootoctlinux
ELF file is 64 bit
Attempting to allocate memory for ELF segment: addr: 0xffffffff81000000
(adjusted to: 0x0000000001000000), size 0x764600
Allocated memory for ELF segment: addr: 0xffffffff81000000, size 0x764600
Attempting to allocate memory for ELF segment: addr: 0xffffffff816ec790
(adjusted to: 0x00000000016ec790), size 0x2400
Error allocating memory for elf image!
## ERROR loading File!


On 02/13/14 11:52, Paul Irofti wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I just updated the hardware section for the octeon port and added the
> DSR-500 model to the supported list.
>
> I was wondering if similar models might also work with what's in-tree.
>
> Could people NFS-boot or at least try the ramdisk kernel on similar
> models (e.g. DSR-500N, DSR-1000, DSR-1000N) and report back so we can
> expand the supported list?
>
> Thank you,
> Paul
>

--
Alexis de BRUYN

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: D-Link DSR octeon-based models

Paul Irofti-4
On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 04:52:07PM +0200, Alexis de BRUYN wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
> I have tried the last -current/octeon (and 5.7/octeon) on a D-Link DSR-500N
> (HW A1), but the bootoctlinux command failed.
>
> Regards,

Wow, a reply to a one and a half year-old email! :-)

I think you need to clean the randomdata section from your kernel
because we don't have a native bootloader for Octeon.

$ objcopy -R .openbsd.randomdata bsd bsd.tmp && mv bsd.tmp bsd

>
> U-Boot 1.1.1 (Development build, svnversion: exported) (Build time: Sep  1
> 2010 - 16:21:09)
>
> Warning: Board descriptor tuple not found in eeprom, using defaults
> CUST_DSR500N board revision major:2, minor:0, serial #: unknown
> OCTEON CN5010-SCP pass 1.1, Core clock: 300 MHz, DDR clock: 200 MHz (400 Mhz
> data rate)
> DRAM:  128 MB
> Flash: 32 MB
> Clearing DRAM...... done
> BIST check passed.
> Starting PCI
> PCI Status: PCI 32-bit
> PCI BAR 0: 0x00000000, PCI BAR 1: Memory 0x00000000  PCI 0xf8000000
> Net:   octeth0, octeth1, octeth2
>
> Hit any key to stop autoboot:  0
> D-Link DSR-500N bootloader# dhcp
> Interface 0 has 3 ports (RGMII)
> BOOTP broadcast 1
> octeth0: Up 1000 Mbps Full duplex (port  0)
> *** Unhandled DHCP Option in OFFER/ACK: 28
> *** Unhandled DHCP Option in OFFER/ACK: 42
> *** Unhandled DHCP Option in OFFER/ACK: 28
> *** Unhandled DHCP Option in OFFER/ACK: 42
> DHCP client bound to address 192.168.0.39
> D-Link DSR-500N bootloader# tftpboot 0 bsd.rd
> Using octeth0 device
> TFTP from server 192.168.0.236; our IP address is 192.168.0.39
> Filename 'bsd.rd'.
> Load address: 0x5500000
> Loading: #####################################################
> done
> Bytes transferred = 7548970 (73302a hex), 3311 Kbytes/sec
> D-Link DSR-500N bootloader# bootoctlinux
> ELF file is 64 bit
> Attempting to allocate memory for ELF segment: addr: 0xffffffff81000000
> (adjusted to: 0x0000000001000000), size 0x764600
> Allocated memory for ELF segment: addr: 0xffffffff81000000, size 0x764600
> Attempting to allocate memory for ELF segment: addr: 0xffffffff816ec790
> (adjusted to: 0x00000000016ec790), size 0x2400
> Error allocating memory for elf image!
> ## ERROR loading File!
>
>
> On 02/13/14 11:52, Paul Irofti wrote:
> >Hi there,
> >
> >I just updated the hardware section for the octeon port and added the
> >DSR-500 model to the supported list.
> >
> >I was wondering if similar models might also work with what's in-tree.
> >
> >Could people NFS-boot or at least try the ramdisk kernel on similar
> >models (e.g. DSR-500N, DSR-1000, DSR-1000N) and report back so we can
> >expand the supported list?
> >
> >Thank you,
> >Paul
> >
>
> --
> Alexis de BRUYN

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: D-Link DSR octeon-based models

413x
On 09/29/15 14:38, Paul Irofti wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 04:52:07PM +0200, Alexis de BRUYN wrote:
>> Hi Paul,
>>
>> I have tried the last -current/octeon (and 5.7/octeon) on a D-Link DSR-500N
>> (HW A1), but the bootoctlinux command failed.
>>
>> Regards,
>
> Wow, a reply to a one and a half year-old email! :-)
Yes thanks for your answer!
>
> I think you need to clean the randomdata section from your kernel
> because we don't have a native bootloader for Octeon.
>
> $ objcopy -R .openbsd.randomdata bsd bsd.tmp && mv bsd.tmp bsd

Shoudn't I do this on a bsd.rd instead?

I have got the following error:

$ objcopy -R .openbsd.randomdata bsd bsd.tmp
objcopy: Unable to recognise the format of the input file `bsd'

I am running objcopy on a -current/amd64 machine with the last octeon
bsd.rd snapshot.

--
Alexis de BRUYN

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: D-Link DSR octeon-based models

413x
In reply to this post by Paul Irofti-4
On 02/13/14 11:52, Paul Irofti wrote:
> Could people NFS-boot or at least try the ramdisk kernel on similar
> models (e.g. DSR-500N, DSR-1000, DSR-1000N) and report back so we can
> expand the supported list?

DSR-500N:

U-Boot 1.1.1 (Development build, svnversion: exported) (Build time: Sep
  1 2010 - 16:21:09)

Warning: Board descriptor tuple not found in eeprom, using defaults
CUST_DSR500N board revision major:2, minor:0, serial #: unknown
OCTEON CN5010-SCP pass 1.1, Core clock: 300 MHz, DDR clock: 200 MHz (400
Mhz data rate)
DRAM:  128 MB
Flash: 32 MB
Clearing DRAM...... done
BIST check passed.
Starting PCI
PCI Status: PCI 32-bit
PCI BAR 0: 0x00000000, PCI BAR 1: Memory 0x00000000  PCI 0xf8000000
Net:   octeth0, octeth1, octeth2

Hit any key to stop autoboot:  0
D-Link DSR-500N bootloader# dhcp
Interface 0 has 3 ports (RGMII)
BOOTP broadcast 1
octeth0: Up 1000 Mbps Full duplex (port  0)
*** Unhandled DHCP Option in OFFER/ACK: 28
*** Unhandled DHCP Option in OFFER/ACK: 42
*** Unhandled DHCP Option in OFFER/ACK: 28
*** Unhandled DHCP Option in OFFER/ACK: 42
DHCP client bound to address 192.168.0.37
D-Link DSR-500N bootloader# setenv serverip 192.168.0.236
D-Link DSR-500N bootloader# tftpboot 0 bsd.rd
Using octeth0 device
TFTP from server 192.168.0.236; our IP address is 192.168.0.37
Filename 'bsd.rd'.
Load address: 0x5500000
Loading: #####################################################
done
Bytes transferred = 7559594 (7359aa hex), 3154 Kbytes/sec
D-Link DSR-500N bootloader# bootoctlinux
ELF file is 64 bit
Attempting to allocate memory for ELF segment: addr: 0xffffffff81000000
(adjusted to: 0x0000000001000000), size 0x768c20
Allocated memory for ELF segment: addr: 0xffffffff81000000, size 0x768c20
Loading .text @ 0xffffffff81000000 (0x181a30 bytes)
Loading .rodata @ 0xffffffff81181a30 (0x64c00 bytes)
Loading .data @ 0xffffffff811e6630 (0x50a5e0 bytes)
Clearing .sbss @ 0xffffffff816f3010 (0x640 bytes)
Clearing .bss @ 0xffffffff816f3650 (0x755d0 bytes)
## Loading Linux kernel with entry point: 0xffffffff81000000 ...
Bootloader: Done loading app on coremask: 0x1
Total DRAM Size 0x0000000008000000
Bank 0 = 0x000000000176C000   ->  0x0000000007FFC000
mem_layout[0] page 0x00000000000005DB -> 0x0000000000001FFF
Initial setup done, switching console.
boot_desc->desc_ver:6
boot_desc->desc_size:400
boot_desc->stack_top:0
boot_desc->heap_start:0
boot_desc->heap_end:0
boot_desc->argc:1
boot_desc->flags:0x5
boot_desc->core_mask:0x1
boot_desc->dram_size:128
boot_desc->phy_mem_desc_addr:0x50010
boot_desc->debugger_flag_addr:0xa28
boot_desc->eclock:300000000
boot_desc->boot_info_addr:0x1079e0
boot_info->ver_major:1
boot_info->ver_minor:2
boot_info->stack_top:0
boot_info->heap_start:0
boot_info->heap_end:0
boot_info->boot_desc_addr:0
boot_info->exception_base_addr:0x1000
boot_info->stack_size:0
boot_info->flags:0x5
boot_info->core_mask:0x1
boot_info->dram_size:128
boot_info->phys_mem_desc_addr:0x50010
boot_info->debugger_flags_addr:0
boot_info->eclock:300000000
boot_info->dclock:200000000
boot_info->board_type:20013
boot_info->board_rev_major:2
boot_info->board_rev_minor:0
boot_info->mac_addr_count:255
boot_info->cf_common_addr:0
boot_info->cf_attr_addr:0
boot_info->led_display_addr:0
boot_info->dfaclock:0
boot_info->config_flags:0x9
Copyright (c) 1982, 1986, 1989, 1991, 1993
        The Regents of the University of California.  All rights reserved.
Copyright (c) 1995-2015 OpenBSD. All rights reserved.
http://www.OpenBSD.org
 

OpenBSD 5.8-current (RAMDISK) #1: Thu Nov 26 17:33:10 CET 2015
     [hidden email]:/usr/src/sys/arch/octeon/compile/RAMDISK
real mem = 109641728 (104MB)
avail mem = 108429312 (103MB)
mainbus0 at root
cpu0 at mainbus0: Cavium OCTEON CPU rev 0.1 300 MHz, Software FP emulation
cpu0: cache L1-I 32KB 4 way D 8KB 64 way, L2 128KB 8 way
clock0 at mainbus0: int 5
iobus0 at mainbus0
dwctwo0 at iobus0 base 0x1180068000000 irq 56
usb0 at dwctwo0: USB revision 2.0
uhub0 at usb0 "Octeon DWC2 root hub" rev 2.00/1.00 addr 1
cn30xxgmx0 at iobus0 base 0x1180008000000 irq 48
cnmac0 at cn30xxgmx0: RGMII, address 00:de:ad:20:75:00
brswphy0 at cnmac0 phy 2: BCM53115 10/100/1000baseT PHY, rev. 8
cnmac1 at cn30xxgmx0: RGMII, address 00:de:ad:20:75:01
brswphy1 at cnmac1 phy 3: BCM53115 10/100/1000baseT PHY, rev. 8
cnmac2 at cn30xxgmx0: RGMII, address 00:de:ad:20:75:02
brswphy2 at cnmac2 phy 34: BCM53115 10/100/1000baseT PHY, rev. 8
pcibus0 at iobus0 base 0xffffffffffffffff irq 0
pci0 at pcibus0 bus 0
0:0:0: mem address conflict 0xfffffffff8000000/0x8000000
"Cavium OCTEON Plus CN50XX" rev 0x01 at pci0 dev 0 function 0 not configured
"Atheros AR9160" rev 0x01 at pci0 dev 3 function 0 not configured
uar: ns16550, no working fifo
com0: console
com1 at uartbus0 base 0x1180000000c00 irq 35: ns16550, no working fifo
octrtc0 at mainbus0: DS1337
umass0 at uhub0 port 1 configuration 1 interface 0 "6989 Intenso Rainbow
Line" rev 2.00/1.12 addr 2
umass0: using SCSI over Bulk-Only

scsibus0 at umass0: 2 targets, initiator 0
sd0 at scsibus0 targ 1 lun 0: <Intenso, Rainbow Line, 8.07> SCSI2
0/direct removable
sd0: 3851MB, 512 bytes/sector, 7886848 sectors

root on rd0a swap on rd0b dump on rd0b
erase ^?, werase ^W, kill ^U, intr ^C, status ^T

Welcome to the OpenBSD/octeon 5.8 installation program.
(I)nstall, (U)pgrade, (A)utoinstall or (S)hell?

--
Alexis de BRUYN