Custom bsd.rd contents

Adam Van Ymeren
I'm trying to modify the contents of the ram disk in a bsd.rd kernel.
Is there any documentation on this process?  Or can anyone point in my
a good direction to start looking?

Thanks for the help.

Re: Custom bsd.rd contents

Stuart Henderson
On 2011-02-27, Adam Van Ymeren <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'm trying to modify the contents of the ram disk in a bsd.rd kernel.
> Is there any documentation on this process?  Or can anyone point in my
> a good direction to start looking?

Start with release(8) and /usr/src/distrib.

Re: Custom bsd.rd contents

Toni Mueller-10

On Sun, 27.02.2011 at 18:52:28 -0500, Adam Van Ymeren <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'm trying to modify the contents of the ram disk in a bsd.rd kernel.
> Is there any documentation on this process?  Or can anyone point in my
> a good direction to start looking?

you might find this example interesting:

http://nbender.com/install.netboot/install.html

Kind regards,
--Toni++