Current installed on 1.1: Problems using svnd?

Current installed on 1.1: Problems using svnd?

Sebastian Rother
Hello everybody,

I installed oBSD current for AMD64 on 1.1.2006, created a encrypted
partition for /home and ran into some trouble.

The permissions for /home or /tmp didn't changed:
drwxr-xr-x   6 root  wheel      512 Jan  2 07:59 tmp
drwxr-xr-x   2 root  wheel      512 Jan  1 17:11 crypto

/crypto is the place where the cryptfile is stored.
svnd is used to mount it to /home where the home of the normal users are.

The problems I noticed are those:

$ eval `ssh-agent`
mkdtemp: private socket dir: Permission denied
$ sylpheed
bind: Permission denied

Could somebody point me to my error because for me it makes no sense that
just because of a crypto-partition these things break.

mount output:
$ mount
/dev/sd0a on / type ffs (local, softdep)
/dev/sd0h on /crypto type ffs (local, nodev, nosuid, softdep)
/dev/sd0d on /tmp type ffs (local, nodev, nosuid, softdep)
/dev/sd0g on /usr type ffs (local, nodev, softdep)
/dev/sd0f on /var type ffs (local, nodev, nosuid, softdep)
/dev/svnd0c on /home type ffs (local, nodev, nosuid, softdep)

$ uname -a
OpenBSD bird.home.net 3.8 GENERIC.MP#663 amd64
$ id
uid=1000(sebastian) gid=1000(sebastian) groups=1000(sebastian), 0(wheel)

Shell-Code from /etc/rc.local

/usr/sbin/vnconfig -ck /dev/svnd0c /crypto/cryptfile
sleep 1
/sbin/mount -o softdep,nodev,nosuid -f /dev/svnd0c /home

And the Shell-Code from 7etc/rc.shutdown

/sbin/umount /home
sleep 1
/usr/sbin/vnconfig -u /dev/svnd0c

It would be nice if somebody would tell me where I did a misstake because
I see no logical reasons why these things fail now.

The only thing wich changed is that I tried to use a cryptopartition for
the whole /home now.

Kind regards,
Sebastian
--
Don't buy anything from YeongYang.
Their Computercases are expensiv, they WTX-powersuplies start burning and
their support refuse any RMA even there's still some warenty.

Re: Current installed on 1.1: Problems using svnd?

Damien Miller
[hidden email] wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I installed oBSD current for AMD64 on 1.1.2006, created a encrypted
> partition for /home and ran into some trouble.
>
> The permissions for /home or /tmp didn't changed:
> drwxr-xr-x   6 root  wheel      512 Jan  2 07:59 tmp
> drwxr-xr-x   2 root  wheel      512 Jan  1 17:11 crypto

Your permissions on /tmp are completely wrong, they should be:

drwxrwxrwt  9 root  wheel  512 Jan  2 17:57 /tmp

but if you have got this simple thing wrong, then who knows what else
you have broken?

Re: Current installed on 1.1: Problems using svnd?

Otto Moerbeek
On Mon, 2 Jan 2006, [hidden email] wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>
> I installed oBSD current for AMD64 on 1.1.2006, created a encrypted
> partition for /home and ran into some trouble.
>
> The permissions for /home or /tmp didn't changed:
> drwxr-xr-x   6 root  wheel      512 Jan  2 07:59 tmp
> drwxr-xr-x   2 root  wheel      512 Jan  1 17:11 crypto
>
> /crypto is the place where the cryptfile is stored.
> svnd is used to mount it to /home where the home of the normal users are.
>
> The problems I noticed are those:
>
> $ eval `ssh-agent`
> mkdtemp: private socket dir: Permission denied
> $ sylpheed
> bind: Permission denied
>
> Could somebody point me to my error because for me it makes no sense that
> just because of a crypto-partition these things break.

Your tmp has wrong permissions. Should be 1777.

        -Otto