Creation of fifth dev/tun fails

Florian Weber
Good afternoon,

I tried to add a fifth tun interface. ifconfig tun4 create creates a new
interface visible via ifconfig, however there is no device node under
dev. Is there a limitation of tun devices? I was able to create tun0 to
tun3 without any issues.

Thank you for you help.

Kind regards,

Florian

Re: Creation of fifth dev/tun fails

Paul de Weerd
On Sat, Mar 16, 2019 at 12:46:36PM +0100, Florian wrote:
| Good afternoon,
|
| I tried to add a fifth tun interface. ifconfig tun4 create creates a new
| interface visible via ifconfig, however there is no device node under
| dev. Is there a limitation of tun devices? I was able to create tun0 to
| tun3 without any issues.

cd /dev && doas sh MAKEDEV tun4

Cheers,

Paul 'WEiRD' de Weerd