Create postfix account

netture
Hello

I have install postfix just to quick test it. but I have not see
anything about creating user mail account.

could somebody help me on how to quick set up postfix and add users
mails accounts ?

Thanks very much.

Excuses my broken english.

Re: Create postfix account

fuzzyping

http://www.postfix.org/docs.html

--
Jason Dixon
DixonGroup Consulting
http://www.dixongroup.net

Re: Create postfix account

Morris, Roy
> Hello
>
> I have install postfix just to quick test it. but I have not see
> anything about creating user mail account.
>
> could somebody help me on how to quick set up postfix and add users
> mails accounts ?
>
> Thanks very much.
>
> Excuses my broken english.

There a different kinds of users but in the simplest form
a postifx user would equal a local user. You should really
read the postfix docs. www.postfix.org

cheers
rm

Re: Create postfix account

Uwe Dippel
On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 11:50:42 -0500, netture wrote:

> I have install postfix just to quick test it. but I have not see
> anything about creating user mail account.

Have you activated it ? Followed the post-install suggestions ?

Then, your local users should be able to send (and receive) mail.

You could as well telnet to it, locally:
telnet 127.0.0.1 25
and it should say something about 'Postfix'

I usually test it with

mail -s "Test message" foo
whatever
.

where foo is the username. Or try [hidden email].

And then, go and read the documentation, urgently.

Uwe