Could someone, running latest snapshots confirm this problem

Could someone, running latest snapshots confirm this problem

Didier Wiroth
Hi,
If you are running the latest snapshot with x11 can you confirm the
following command gives you an error message:
setxkbmap fr_CH

Thank you for taking the time to try this, it only takes 1 or 2 seconds
to test it and reply to this email with a yes or no.

Regards
Didier

Re: Could someone, running latest snapshots confirm this problem

Graham Gower
On 13/02/06, Didier Wiroth <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
> If you are running the latest snapshot with x11 can you confirm the
> following command gives you an error message:
> setxkbmap fr_CH
>
> Thank you for taking the time to try this, it only takes 1 or 2 seconds
> to test it and reply to this email with a yes or no.
>
> Regards
> Didier

$ setxkbmap fr_CH
Error loading new keyboard description

Re: Could someone, running latest snapshots confirm this problem

C. Bensend
> $ setxkbmap fr_CH
> Error loading new keyboard description

Ditto, on i386 (Feb 8 snapshot).

--
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention
in human history, with the possible exceptions of handguns and
tequila."                                          -- Dave Pooser

Re: Could someone, running latest snapshots confirm this problem

Przemyslaw Nowaczyk
Graham Gower napisaE(a):

> On 13/02/06, Didier Wiroth <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>If you are running the latest snapshot with x11 can you confirm the
>>following command gives you an error message:
>>setxkbmap fr_CH
>>
>>Thank you for taking the time to try this, it only takes 1 or 2 seconds
>>to test it and reply to this email with a yes or no.
>>
>>Regards
>>Didier
>>

> $ setxkbmap fr_CH
> Error loading new keyboard description

same message with pl_PL here..

--
Przemyslaw Nowaczyk <[hidden email]>
CS student @ Poznan University of Technology

Re: Could someone, running latest snapshots confirm this problem

Florin Iamandi
C. Bensend dixit (2006-02-13, 14:44:04):

> > $ setxkbmap fr_CH
> > Error loading new keyboard description
>
> Ditto, on i386 (Feb 8 snapshot).

Same here on
OpenBSD 3.9-beta (GENERIC) #1: Sat Feb 11 00:05:08 CET 2006

| Florin (Slippery) Iamandi                                            |
| Reason is the first victim of emotion. -- Scytale, Dune Messiah      |

Re: Could someone, running latest snapshots confirm this problem

Didier Wiroth
I'm running current (built yesterday) on another i386 laptop with an Xorg 6.9 build (from 19 January) where the maps fr_CH, de_CH etc all work without problem.
There must have been some related keyboard map file changes since that day in the x sources.
Are there any X gurus around that have an idea how to fix the problem?

thanks a lot
regards
Didier

On 13/02/06, Didier Wiroth <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
> If you are running the latest snapshot with x11 can you confirm the
> following command gives you an error message:
> setxkbmap fr_CH
>
> Thank you for taking the time to try this, it only takes 1 or 2 seconds
> to test it and reply to this email with a yes or no.
>
> Regards
> Didier

$ setxkbmap fr_CH
Error loading new keyboard description

Re: Could someone, running latest snapshots confirm this problem

Otto Moerbeek
On Tue, 14 Feb 2006, Didier Wiroth wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm running current (built yesterday) on another i386 laptop with an Xorg 6.9 build (from 19 January) where the maps fr_CH, de_CH etc all work without problem.
> There must have been some related keyboard map file changes since that day in the x sources.
> Are there any X gurus around that have an idea how to fix the problem?

http://www.openbsd.org/faq/current.html#20060131

        -Otto