Code of Conduct location

Strahil Nikolov
Hello All,

can someone point me to the link of the OpenBSD code of Conduct ?

It seems that I can't find it even with the help of google.

Best Regards,
Strahil Nikolov

Re: Code of Conduct location

Martijn van Duren-6
You mean something like this the following?
https://www.openbsd.org/mail.html

martijn@

On 4/28/19 9:58 AM, Strahil Nikolov wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> can someone point me to the link of the OpenBSD code of Conduct ?
>
> It seems that I can't find it even with the help of google.
>
> Best Regards,
> Strahil Nikolov

Re: Code of Conduct location

chohag
Strahil Nikolov writes:
> Hello All,
>
> can someone point me to the link of the OpenBSD code of Conduct ?

I believe OpenBSD's code of conduct can be summed up as "if you are the
type of person who needs a code of conduct to teach to you how to human
then you are not welcome here".

At least I hope so.

Matthew

Re: Code of Conduct location

STeve Andre'-2

On 4/28/19 3:58 AM, Strahil Nikolov wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> can someone point me to the link of the OpenBSD code of Conduct ?
>
> It seems that I can't find it even with the help of google.
>
> Best Regards,
> Strahil Nikolov

There isn't one that I have ever seen.  But the code of conduct here

is really the same as in life: be honest and fair, try to help and not

harass.  Deal with others as you would wish others would do to you.

A formal Code of Conduct is a rabbit hole, with no bottom.  The very

people who might need it will be its abusers, and how do you enforce

it on open mailing list?

--STeve Andre'

Re: Code of Conduct location

Anders Andersson
On Sun, Apr 28, 2019 at 10:04 AM Martijn van Duren
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> You mean something like this the following?
> https://www.openbsd.org/mail.html
>
> martijn@

This one sadly seems to be lacking from every code of conduct:
"Respect differences in opinion and philosophy".

Re: Code of Conduct location

Strahil Nikolov
Well, the link gives enough info.

Did anyone test the html to plaintext reformat option?
Sadly my phone apps do not support plain text (maybe someone can recoomend one for Android).

I've asked about Code of Conduct , as I didn't want to step someone on his toes :) . I'm always trying to be polite , despite the attitude of the opposite side.

Best Regards,
Strahil Nikolov

В неделя, 28 април 2019 г., 6:29:53 ч. Гринуич-4, Anders Andersson <[hidden email]> написа:

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> You mean something like this the following?
> https://www.openbsd.org/mail.html
>
> martijn@

This one sadly seems to be lacking from every code of conduct:
"Respect differences in opinion and philosophy".

Re: Code of Conduct location

Thomas Frohwein-2
On April 28, 2019 10:47:25 AM UTC, Strahil Nikolov <[hidden email]> wrote:
>Well, the link gives enough info.
>
>Did anyone test the html to plaintext reformat option?
>Sadly my phone apps do not support plain text (maybe someone can
>recoomend one for Android).

K9 mail on Android supports plaintext (account settings -> message format). This is how I'm typing this email.

You can also run most of the usual Unix tools like mutt via termux if that happens to be your thing.

Re: Code of Conduct location

Mario Theodoridis
On 28/04/19 14:27, [hidden email] wrote:

> On April 28, 2019 10:47:25 AM UTC, Strahil Nikolov <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Well, the link gives enough info.
>>
>> Did anyone test the html to plaintext reformat option?
>> Sadly my phone apps do not support plain text (maybe someone can
>> recoomend one for Android).
> K9 mail on Android supports plaintext (account settings -> message format). This is how I'm typing this email.
>
> You can also run most of the usual Unix tools like mutt via termux if that happens to be your thing.

I can recommend FairEmail on Android. It does multipart/alternative and
you can set plain text only in the identity management settings.

It also has some nice security perks, and is open source.

https://email.faircode.eu/

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Kind regards

Mario Theodoridis

Re: Code of Conduct location

Rachel Roch
Apr 28, 2019, 9:16 AM by [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>:

> Strahil Nikolov writes:
>
>> Hello All,
>>
>> can someone point me to the link of the OpenBSD code of Conduct ?
>>

> I believe OpenBSD's code of conduct can be summed up as "if you are the
> type of person who needs a code of conduct to teach to you how to human
> then you are not welcome here".
>
> At least I hope so.
>
> Matthew

I always thought it could be summed up as "Don't piss off Theo".  ;-)

Re: Code of Conduct location

Daniel Ouellet
On 4/28/19 9:33 AM, Rachel Roch wrote:

> Apr 28, 2019, 9:16 AM by [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>:
>
>> Strahil Nikolov writes:
>>
>>> Hello All,
>>>
>>> can someone point me to the link of the OpenBSD code of Conduct ?
>>>

>> I believe OpenBSD's code of conduct can be summed up as "if you are the
>> type of person who needs a code of conduct to teach to you how to human
>> then you are not welcome here".
>>
>> At least I hope so.
>>
>> Matthew
>>

> I always thought it could be summed up as "Don't piss off Theo".  ;-)

That's a good one! It made me chuckles today thanks for that!

I needed to smile today.

And it's mostly true, If you are an ass, you will get him on you real fast!.

So don't be an ass and you will be fine..

Re: Code of Conduct location

Wolfgang Pfeiffer
On Sun, Apr 28, 2019 at 03:33:50PM +0200, Rachel Roch wrote:
>Apr 28, 2019, 9:16 AM by [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>:

 [ .. ]

>> I believe OpenBSD's code of conduct can be summed up as "if you are the
>> type of person who needs a code of conduct to teach to you how to human
>> then you are not welcome here".
>>
>> At least I hope so.
>>
>> Matthew
>>

>I always thought it could be summed up as "Don't piss off Theo".  ;-)

... :)

He's setting a standard. So I don't have to worry about talking freely
 about what I think here. And that's just one reason why I try to
 migrate my machines to OpenBSD ...

And one of the first things I do when looking at software, and whether
 it's useful for my needs or not: Are those who write it adults or are
 they whinies with problems regarding understandable speech? I'm
 trying to keep the latter mostly at safe distances from me, and I
 tend to avoid their code getting installed onto my machines ...

So that's another reason I'm glad Theo de Raadt is setting a certain
 standard here ...

So yes, for sure: "Don't piss off Theo". And no smiley.

Regards .. :) ..
 Wolfgang