Client no-ip in the OpenBSD.

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Client no-ip in the OpenBSD.

Saulo Bozzi
Hello!!

Anybody already use the client of no-ip in the OpenBSD?

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Client no-ip in the OpenBSD.

Scott Learmonth-3
On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 02:38:15PM -0300, PsYkHe wrote:
> Hello!!
>
> Anybody already use the client of no-ip in the OpenBSD?
>
>

I am, seems to be fine. If I recall it was very simple.

pkg_add no-ip

I should disclose though that my IP hasn't actually changed yet.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Client no-ip in the OpenBSD.

roberth-5
In reply to this post by Saulo Bozzi
On Fri, 15 Jan 2010 14:38:15 -0300
"PsYkHe" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello!!
>
> Anybody already use the client of no-ip in the OpenBSD?

/usr/ports # make search key=no-ip      
Port: no-ip-2.1.9p0
Path: net/no-ip
Info: No-IP.com Dynamic DNS client
Maint: Peter Stromberg < ... >
Index: net
L-deps:
B-deps:
R-deps:
Archs: any

So yes, atleast the porter did.
Next time, do your homework before asking the ml. :)

- Robert

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Client no-ip in the OpenBSD.

Saulo Bozzi
In reply to this post by Saulo Bozzi
Thank you.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Josh Grosse" <[hidden email]>
To: "PsYkHe" <[hidden email]>
Sent: Friday, January 15, 2010 2:58 PM
Subject: Re: Client no-ip in the OpenBSD.


> On Fri, 15 Jan 2010 14:38:15 -0300, PsYkHe wrote
>> Hello!!
>>
>> Anybody already use the client of no-ip in the OpenBSD?
>
> net/no-ip has been in the ports tree since July 2006.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Client no-ip in the OpenBSD.

Saulo Bozzi
Ok, I install the no-ip client by pkg_add.
But, dont work.
him asks option 0, 1, 2 for interfaces.
I choice option 1 that my interface and stop. not continue.
Already active in sysctl emulation of linux binary, and nothing.

Anybody, any suggestion?


2010/1/15 PsYkHe <[hidden email]>

> Thank you.
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Josh Grosse" <[hidden email]>
> To: "PsYkHe" <[hidden email]>
> Sent: Friday, January 15, 2010 2:58 PM
> Subject: Re: Client no-ip in the OpenBSD.
>
>
>
>  On Fri, 15 Jan 2010 14:38:15 -0300, PsYkHe wrote
>>
>>> Hello!!
>>>
>>> Anybody already use the client of no-ip in the OpenBSD?
>>>
>>
>> net/no-ip has been in the ports tree since July 2006.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Client no-ip in the OpenBSD.

Marcello Cruz-2
Dear friend,

There is another way to update your IP address without the use of the no-ip
client.

I use lynx and it does just the same. Lynx is part of a regular OBSD
install. You can run it, for example, with your connection script (like
ppp.linkup) or after a reboot in the rc.local. Also, you can create a job
with crontab to run the command in a week basis, for example.

The command line is something like that:
# lynx -dump -accept_all_cookies -auth=mailbox\@domain.com.br:\password
http://dynupdate.no-ip.com/nic/update?hostname=host.no-ip.info&myip=`ifconfig
tun0 | grep 'inet ' | awk '{print $2}'`

In my case, I use this line within a script and I redirect the output of
this command to another file. If something goes bad, then there is a job
running every 30 minutes that tries to update the information in the NO-IP
service.

Rgds
Marcello Cruz

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Client no-ip in the OpenBSD.

Saulo Bozzi
cool, but now the no-ip binary work.
but, where put him to run in the boot?
rc.conf.local?

2010/1/17 Marcello Cruz <[hidden email]>

> Dear friend,
>
> There is another way to update your IP address without the use of the no-ip
> client.
>
> I use lynx and it does just the same. Lynx is part of a regular OBSD
> install. You can run it, for example, with your connection script (like
> ppp.linkup) or after a reboot in the rc.local. Also, you can create a job
> with crontab to run the command in a week basis, for example.
>
> The command line is something like that:
> # lynx -dump -accept_all_cookies -auth=mailbox\@domain.com.br:\password
> http://dynupdate.no-ip.com/nic/update?hostname=host.no-ip.info&myip=`ifconfig<http://dynupdate.no-ip.com/nic/update?hostname=host.no-ip.info&myip=%60ifconfig>tun0 | grep 'inet ' | awk '{print $2}'`
>
> In my case, I use this line within a script and I redirect the output of
> this command to another file. If something goes bad, then there is a job
> running every 30 minutes that tries to update the information in the NO-IP
> service.
>
> Rgds
> Marcello Cruz

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Client no-ip in the OpenBSD.

Peter Strömberg
On 1/17/2010 4:21 AM, Saulo Bozzi wrote:
> cool, but now the no-ip binary work.
> but, where put him to run in the boot?
> rc.conf.local?
>    
/etc/rc.local

After "# Add your local startup actions here." something like this will do

if [ -x /usr/local/sbin/noip2 ]; then
         echo -n ' noip2';       /usr/local/sbin/noip2
fi

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Client no-ip in the OpenBSD.

Marcello Cruz-2
In reply to this post by Saulo Bozzi
In the /etc/rc.local file.

Below is an excertp from that file...
# cat /etc/rc.local
#       $OpenBSD: rc.local,v 1.39 2006/07/28 20:19:46 sturm Exp $

# Site-specific startup actions, daemons, and other things which
# can be done AFTER your system goes into securemode.  For actions
# which should be done BEFORE your system has gone into securemode
# please see /etc/rc.securelevel.

echo -n 'starting local daemons:'

# Add your local startup actions here.

echo '.'



  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Saulo Bozzi
  To: Marcello Cruz
  Cc: OpenBSD-Misc
  Sent: Sunday, January 17, 2010 1:21 AM
  Subject: Re: Client no-ip in the OpenBSD.


  cool, but now the no-ip binary work.

  but, where put him to run in the boot?
  rc.conf.local?


  2010/1/17 Marcello Cruz <[hidden email]>

    Dear friend,

    There is another way to update your IP address without the use of the
no-ip client.

    I use lynx and it does just the same. Lynx is part of a regular OBSD
install. You can run it, for example, with your connection script (like
ppp.linkup) or after a reboot in the rc.local. Also, you can create a job with
crontab to run the command in a week basis, for example.

    The command line is something like that:
    # lynx -dump -accept_all_cookies -auth=mailbox\@domain.com.br:\password
http://dynupdate.no-ip.com/nic/update?hostname=host.no-ip.info&myip=`ifconfig
tun0 | grep 'inet ' | awk '{print $2}'`

    In my case, I use this line within a script and I redirect the output of
this command to another file. If something goes bad, then there is a job
running every 30 minutes that tries to update the information in the NO-IP
service.

    Rgds
    Marcello Cruz