Carp source routing ?

Pedro Hugo
Hello,

Is it possible to send packets with the carp address as the source address ?
If yes, how ?

Thanks,
Pedro

Re: Carp source routing ?

Ryan McBride-3
On Mon, Nov 27, 2006 at 12:16:13PM -0000, Pedro Hugo wrote:
> Is it possible to send packets with the carp address as the source
> address ?

You have a few options:

- Have the process bind to the carp address only (most daemons allow
  this to be configured as do some userland tools such as nc and ping)

- Use pf to nat traffic to the carp address

- Don't configure an address on the carp device's parent interface (only
  applies if the carp devices is then the route to the other endpoint)

Re: Carp source routing ?

Pedro Hugo
Hello,

> - Don't configure an address on the carp device's parent interface (only
>   applies if the carp devices is then the route to the other endpoint)

This one worked the way I wanted !
I finally have a working carp to carp High Availabity & Synchronized ipsec
tunnel :)

And it seems to work very well !!!

Very nice work with carp! Congrats :)

Thanks for the help,