Caps Lock fixes for Zaurus and other machines that don't have a dedicated Caps Lock key

Caps Lock fixes for Zaurus and other machines that don't have a dedicated Caps Lock key

asmith-4
Folks,

I wanted to raise awareness of these 2 patches that I posted at the
beginning of the year since the Zaurus is still missing a working Caps Lock
key in the snapshot source.

The first one is the start of the thread including a fix for the Caps Lock
on the Console.. Miod submitted an alternate fix but nothing ever got
committed.

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=openbsd-tech
<http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=openbsd-tech&m=113958309202645&w=2>
&m=113958309202645&w=2

The second is a fix for the kbd driver on X to allow the same key
combination to work on the Zaurus..

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=openbsd-tech
<http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=openbsd-tech&m=113966203312579&w=2>
&m=113966203312579&w=2

If somebody could say why none of the patches never 'made the grade' I would
be quite happy. I and a few of the others routinely apply these patches to
fix the Zaurus distro on our machines but it would be kinda nice if it
worked out of the box.

-Andy