Cannot run Snort

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Cannot run Snort

peterwkc
Dear All,

I had installed Snort but cannot run it.

Error Message: Can't load library liblzma.s0.2.0

What need to install? I had install the lzlib but still cannot solved it.
Which packages need to install or how to tell snort to look up the shared
library?

--
Linux

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Cannot run Snort

Nigel J Taylor
On 06/27/15 09:12, Wong Peter wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I had installed Snort but cannot run it.
>
> Error Message: Can't load library liblzma.s0.2.0
>
> What need to install? I had install the lzlib but still cannot solved it.
> Which packages need to install or how to tell snort to look up the shared
> library?
>
try xz, it should have been installed with snort, current version does
include the dependency.
For 5.7 the dependency is missing.


$ pkg_info -Sq snort
snort-2.9.7.3,@daq-2.0.5,@libdnet-1.12p10,@pcre-8.37p0,@xz-5.2.1,c.80.0,crypto.34.0,daq.2.1,dnet.1.0,lzma.2.1,m.9.0,pcap.8.0,pcre.3.0,pthread.19.0,z.5.0
$ pkg_info -f xz | grep lzma.so
@lib lib/liblzma.so.2.1

The pkglocatedb package should help to find any missing packages...

$ pkg_locate lzma.so.2
xz-5.2.1:archivers/xz:/usr/local/lib/liblzma.so.2.1

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Cannot run Snort

peterwkc
Dear All,

OpenBSD 5.7
Arch: i386
Snort Version:2.9.7.3
Installed from packages
Start by typing snort. Thanks.


On Sat, Jun 27, 2015 at 6:49 PM, Nigel J Taylor <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 06/27/15 09:12, Wong Peter wrote:
> > Dear All,
> >
> > I had installed Snort but cannot run it.
> >
> > Error Message: Can't load library liblzma.s0.2.0
> >
> > What need to install? I had install the lzlib but still cannot solved it.
> > Which packages need to install or how to tell snort to look up the shared
> > library?
> >
> try xz, it should have been installed with snort, current version does
> include the dependency.
> For 5.7 the dependency is missing.
>
>
> $ pkg_info -Sq snort
>
> snort-2.9.7.3,@daq-2.0.5,@libdnet-1.12p10,@pcre-8.37p0,@xz-5.2.1,c.80.0,crypto.34.0,daq.2.1,dnet.1.0,lzma.2.1,m.9.0,pcap.8.0,pcre.3.0,pthread.19.0,z.5.0
> $ pkg_info -f xz | grep lzma.so
> @lib lib/liblzma.so.2.1
>
> The pkglocatedb package should help to find any missing packages...
>
> $ pkg_locate lzma.so.2
> xz-5.2.1:archivers/xz:/usr/local/lib/liblzma.so.2.1
>
>


--
Linux

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Cannot run Snort

Josh Grosse
On Mon, Jun 29, 2015 at 09:14:40AM +0800, Wong Peter wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> OpenBSD 5.7
> Arch: i386
> Snort Version:2.9.7.3

This is not the -release (or -stable) version of net/snort,
which is 2.9.7.0.  The version you mention, 2.9.7.3 was
committed a month *after* 5.7 was released.  

> Installed from packages

You are using -current packages with a -release, which is not
supported.  Please read FAQ 15.4.1.

> Start by typing snort. Thanks.

If you are starting snort manually, and not using the rc.subr(8)
script included with the package to start the NIDS daemon, you must
either use the -c option to point to /etc/snort/snort.conf to
use snort as an NIDS or you must use the --daq-dir option on
your command line to use snort manually.

http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc&m=136155094825083&w=2