Can you run OpenBSD PPC under QEMU?

Anonymous-114
Hi, subject line says it all. Lost my Power Mac and wondered has anyone got
OpenBSD PPC running under QEMU thanks.

Cheers,

Paul

Re: Can you run OpenBSD PPC under QEMU?

W B Hacker
Anonymous wrote:
> Hi, subject line says it all. Lost my Power Mac and wondered has anyone got
> OpenBSD PPC running under QEMU thanks.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Paul

paul,

Not entirely clear why one would want to do?

Moved all the files over GigE with scp or cpdup off my first-gen G4 1.)
GHz PowerBook 17" onto ... must be the fifth Intel/AMD OpenBSD platform now.

If you don't have a PPC CPU, use the apprpriate OpenBSD for the arch you
DO have.

Finding a decent way to run Apple's OS X non-native would be far the
greater problem. But OpenBSD eats its lunch anyway, so no need...

Bill
韓家標

Re: Can you run OpenBSD PPC under QEMU?

Anonymous-115
You wrote:

> Anonymous wrote:
> > Hi, subject line says it all. Lost my Power Mac and wondered has anyone got
> > OpenBSD PPC running under QEMU thanks.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Paul
> >
> paul,
>
> Not entirely clear why one would want to do?

I've got backups from my system and I'd rather not recompile everything I've
been working on. Curious if anyone has got OpenBSD PPC running under QEMU so
I can get my system back thanks. I won't have a replacement G4 for another 3
or 4 months.

Re: Can you run OpenBSD PPC under QEMU?

David Diggles-2
If you have it all backed up and you have the source code, recompiling should
be a reasonable alternative.

More of a pain if you have some big endian databases or filesystems and only
have an x86 available.