Can't reach www.openbsd.org

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
18 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Can't reach www.openbsd.org

Ari Constancio-3
Hello,

I can't reach www.openbsd.org (from 3 locations in Portugal).
Is www.openbsd.org down?

$ telnet www.openbsd.org 80
Trying 142.244.12.42...
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: No route to host

Thanks,
Ari Constancio

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Can't reach www.openbsd.org

Guillaume Dualé-2
On Tue, 2 Nov 2010 12:26:47 +0000, Ari Constancio
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I can't reach www.openbsd.org (from 3 locations in Portugal).
> Is www.openbsd.org down?
>
> $ telnet www.openbsd.org 80
> Trying 142.244.12.42...
> telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: No route to host
>
> Thanks,
> Ari Constancio

Hi,
try it : http://openbsd.org

Guillaume.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Can't reach www.openbsd.org

Ari Constancio-3
2010/11/2 Guillaume Duali <[hidden email]>:

> On Tue, 2 Nov 2010 12:26:47 +0000, Ari Constancio
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I can't reach www.openbsd.org (from 3 locations in Portugal).
>> Is www.openbsd.org down?
>>
>> $ telnet www.openbsd.org 80
>> Trying 142.244.12.42...
>> telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: No route to host
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Ari Constancio
>
> Hi,
> try it : http://openbsd.org
>
> Guillaume.
>

Let me rephrase: I want to get man pages, and the link is
http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/man.cgi .

Regards,
Ari Constancio

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Can't reach www.openbsd.org

kalle-14
In reply to this post by Ari Constancio-3
Same problem here in sweden,. No route to host.

On 2 November 2010 13:26, Ari Constancio <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I can't reach www.openbsd.org (from 3 locations in Portugal).
> Is www.openbsd.org down?
>
> $ telnet www.openbsd.org 80
> Trying 142.244.12.42...
> telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: No route to host
>
> Thanks,
> Ari Constancio

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Can't reach www.openbsd.org

Bryan Brake
In reply to this post by Ari Constancio-3
On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 07:26, Ari Constancio <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I can't reach www.openbsd.org (from 3 locations in Portugal).
> Is www.openbsd.org down?
>
> $ telnet www.openbsd.org 80
> Trying 142.244.12.42...
> telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: No route to host
>
> Thanks,
> Ari Constancio
>
>

Whew... I thought my workplace was blocking it or something.  I got
doubly worried when I couldn't access my favorite CVS mirror
(obsd.cec.mtu.edu).

A

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Can't reach www.openbsd.org

matteo filippetto
In reply to this post by Guillaume Dualé-2
>> I can't reach www.openbsd.org (from 3 locations in Portugal).
>> Is www.openbsd.org down?
>>
>> $ telnet www.openbsd.org 80
>> Trying 142.244.12.42...
>> telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: No route to host
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Ari Constancio
>
> Hi,
> try it : http://openbsd.org
>
> Guillaume.
>
>

Hi

they are not the same website.

Best regards

--
Matteo Filippetto
http://op83.blogspot.com

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Can't reach www.openbsd.org

Bryan Brake
In reply to this post by Guillaume Dualé-2
2010/11/2 Guillaume DualC) <[hidden email]>:

> On Tue, 2 Nov 2010 12:26:47 +0000, Ari Constancio
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I can't reach www.openbsd.org (from 3 locations in Portugal).
>> Is www.openbsd.org down?
>>
>> $ telnet www.openbsd.org 80
>> Trying 142.244.12.42...
>> telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: No route to host
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Ari Constancio
>
> Hi,
> try it : http://openbsd.org
>
> Guillaume.
>
>

 From what I understand, that's the box in Theo's house, and is not
meant to handle lots of traffic (as it's a home broadband connection)

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Can't reach www.openbsd.org

Toni Mueller-10
In reply to this post by Guillaume Dualé-2
Hi,

On Tue, 02.11.2010 at 13:40:44 +0100, Guillaume DualC) <[hidden email]> wrote:
> try it : http://openbsd.org

it's (probably) not the same, and (worse!) it doesn't help with all the
configurations that contain "www.openbsd.org".


Kind regards,
--Toni++

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Can't reach www.openbsd.org

Henning Brauer
In reply to this post by Guillaume Dualé-2
* Guillaume Duali <[hidden email]> [2010-11-02 13:54]:

> On Tue, 2 Nov 2010 12:26:47 +0000, Ari Constancio
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I can't reach www.openbsd.org (from 3 locations in Portugal).
> > Is www.openbsd.org down?
> >
> > $ telnet www.openbsd.org 80
> > Trying 142.244.12.42...
> > telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: No route to host
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Ari Constancio
>
> Hi,
> try it : http://openbsd.org

FUCK, NO. if you do so you steal precious bandwidth we need to commit
and to sync. that goes over a T1.

use any mirror. any.

there are problems with the www.openbsd.org machine right now that are
being worked on.

--
Henning Brauer, [hidden email], [hidden email]
BS Web Services, http://bsws.de
Full-Service ISP - Secure Hosting, Mail and DNS Services
Dedicated Servers, Rootservers, Application Hosting

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Can't reach www.openbsd.org

Jan Stary
In reply to this post by Guillaume Dualé-2
On Nov 02 13:40:44, Guillaume Duali wrote:

> On Tue, 2 Nov 2010 12:26:47 +0000, Ari Constancio
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I can't reach www.openbsd.org (from 3 locations in Portugal).
> > Is www.openbsd.org down?
> >
> > $ telnet www.openbsd.org 80
> > Trying 142.244.12.42...
> > telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: No route to host
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Ari Constancio
>
> Hi,
> try it : http://openbsd.org

That's not the same.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Can't reach www.openbsd.org

Sevan / Venture37-2
In reply to this post by Henning Brauer
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Can't reach www.openbsd.org

Tethys
In reply to this post by Ari Constancio-3
2010/11/2 Ari Constancio <[hidden email]>:

> Let me rephrase: I want to get man pages, and the link is
> http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/man.cgi .

man(1) is your friend...

Tet

--
bIt seems intuitively obvious to me, which means that it might be
wrong.b -- Chris Torek

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Can't reach www.openbsd.org

mufurcz
In reply to this post by Henning Brauer
On 03/11/2010 12:14, Henning Brauer wrote:

> * Guillaume Duali<[hidden email]>  [2010-11-02 13:54]:
>> On Tue, 2 Nov 2010 12:26:47 +0000, Ari Constancio
>> <[hidden email]>  wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I can't reach www.openbsd.org (from 3 locations in Portugal).
>>> Is www.openbsd.org down?
>>>
>>> $ telnet www.openbsd.org 80
>>> Trying 142.244.12.42...
>>> telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: No route to host
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Ari Constancio
>>
>> Hi,
>> try it : http://openbsd.org
>
> FUCK, NO. if you do so you steal precious bandwidth we need to commit
> and to sync. that goes over a T1.
>
> use any mirror. any.
>
> there are problems with the www.openbsd.org machine right now that are
> being worked on.
>

hardware crash?  needing help?

mufurcz

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Can't reach www.openbsd.org

Ralph Siegler-2
In reply to this post by Henning Brauer
Henning Brauer <lists-openbsd <at> bsws.de> writes:


>
> use any mirror. any.
>
> there are problems with the www.openbsd.org machine right now that are
> being worked on.
>

the mirrors have problems too, haven't found one with
valid packages collection yet

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Can't reach www.openbsd.org

Bryan Brake
In reply to this post by Sevan / Venture37-2
On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 08:31, Sevan / Venture37 <[hidden email]> wrote:
or you can search on google and use the "cached" version from the main site.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Can't reach www.openbsd.org

Guillaume Dualé-2
In reply to this post by mufurcz
On Wed, 03 Nov 2010 00:59:54 +1100, mufurcz <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> On 03/11/2010 12:14, Henning Brauer wrote:
>> * Guillaume Duali<[hidden email]>  [2010-11-02 13:54]:
>>> On Tue, 2 Nov 2010 12:26:47 +0000, Ari Constancio
>>> <[hidden email]>  wrote:
>>>> Hello,
>>>>
>>>> I can't reach www.openbsd.org (from 3 locations in Portugal).
>>>> Is www.openbsd.org down?
>>>>
>>>> $ telnet www.openbsd.org 80
>>>> Trying 142.244.12.42...
>>>> telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: No route to host
>>>>
>>>> Thanks,
>>>> Ari Constancio
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>> try it : http://openbsd.org
>>
>> FUCK, NO. if you do so you steal precious bandwidth we need to commit
>> and to sync. that goes over a T1.
>>
>> use any mirror. any.
>>
>> there are problems with the www.openbsd.org machine right now that are
>> being worked on.
>>
>
> hardware crash?  needing help?
>
> mufurcz
Hi,
http://www.openbsd.org is now up :)

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Can't reach www.openbsd.org

Stuart Henderson
In reply to this post by Ralph Siegler-2
On 2010-11-02, Ralph Siegler <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> the mirrors have problems too, haven't found one with
> valid packages collection yet

http://spacehopper.org/up2date.html

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Can't reach www.openbsd.org

Ralph Siegler-2
Stuart Henderson <stu <at> spacehopper.org> writes:

>
>
> http://spacehopper.org/up2date.html
>
>

thank you very much, Stuart, that's a great page for OpenBSD users of install
and package files.  So is the mirmon report you have linked there with the
mirror update stats.