Can't press left shift+2 while caps lock is held

Can't press left shift+2 while caps lock is held

Brennan Vincent
Strange issue on current. The key combination Caps + Left Shift + 2
produces no output, either in X or text console.

Caps + Right Shift + 2 produces an '@', as expected.

Dmesg attached.

dmesg (14K) Download Attachment

Re: Can't press left shift+2 while caps lock is held

Petr Ročkai-3
Hi,

On Mon, Mar 29, 2021 at 09:53:52PM -0400, Brennan Vincent wrote:
> Strange issue on current. The key combination Caps + Left Shift + 2 produces
> no output, either in X or text console.
>
> Caps + Right Shift + 2 produces an '@', as expected.

most likely a hardware limitation of the keyboard. Perhaps try it in the
firmware setup if you can find a text box. I had the same issue on a
thinkpad (definitely capslock was involved, and i think it was the exact
same combo).

Petr

id' Ash = Ash; id' Dust = Dust; id' _ = undefined

Re: Can't press left shift+2 while caps lock is held

Brennan Vincent
Confirmed that the issue persists in BIOS, and so it is not an OpenBSD
issue.

Thanks for the tip.