Can't make 3.7-stable release

robdenz@libero.it
Hello!

   ...Same problem, again (it was already covered some time ago).
When I run the last step in building a release
(see http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq5.html) , i.e.

  # make release

I get a message informing me that /dev/svnd0a is full. This occurs
while make is working with ramdiskC (exactly as the messages posted
last July).

Tried also on different hardware, same result. I've been struggling
with this for a couple of weeks now.

Three quick questions:

A) Solution is the same as previously suggested (removing a non
critical driver, such as axe, from ramdiskC) or has anything
changed?

B) After commenting out the axe driver, you have to start over
and rebuild the kernel, right? Userland as well? (I'm asking
since I'm working on a not-so-fast machine, the whole process
takes quite some time...)

C) Please don't flame--I'm just curious: In the mailing list
archives, I noticed this sort of problem has been around since
March (messages dated March 30). Why hasn't it yet been fixed?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

--Rob

Re: Can't make 3.7-stable release

Ted Unangst-2
>  # make release
>
> I get a message informing me that /dev/svnd0a is full. This occurs
> while make is working with ramdiskC (exactly as the messages posted
> last July).
> A) Solution is the same as previously suggested (removing a non
> critical driver, such as axe, from ramdiskC) or has anything
> changed?

that'll work.

> B) After commenting out the axe driver, you have to start over
> and rebuild the kernel, right? Userland as well? (I'm asking
> since I'm working on a not-so-fast machine, the whole process
> takes quite some time...)

no, just typing make release again should work.

> C) Please don't flame--I'm just curious: In the mailing list
> archives, I noticed this sort of problem has been around since
> March (messages dated March 30). Why hasn't it yet been fixed?

i don't think it's a critical problem.

Re: Can't make 3.7-stable release

Raymond Lillard
[hidden email] wrote:

> Hello!
>
>    ...Same problem, again (it was already covered some time ago).
> When I run the last step in building a release
> (see http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq5.html) , i.e.
>
>   # make release
>
> I get a message informing me that /dev/svnd0a is full. This occurs
> while make is working with ramdiskC (exactly as the messages posted
> last July).

> C) Please don't flame--I'm just curious: In the mailing list
> archives, I noticed this sort of problem has been around since
> March (messages dated March 30). Why hasn't it yet been fixed?

In the strictest of terms, a fix is impossible.  Think about
it a bit.  The problem could be mitigated a bit by dropping a
driver, but then its not the same release is it.  And then
there are the changes to the documentation, etc ...

I'm not going to take time to go back and check, but I think
I am the OP of the Mar 30 msg you refer to.  Just do what I
did, find a suitable work around (there are several) and get
on with the show.

Regards,
Ray