Can't fetch some distfiles on -current (today)

Can't fetch some distfiles on -current (today)

Ulrich Kahl
Hi!

If I try to fetch the distfiles from textproc/intltool and
x11/xfce4/libxfce4menu, I get errors (forbidden or 404).

In the first case, changing the HOMEPAGE to http:// helped, in the
second case, it seems so, that the subdirectory is in a complete
different location on the server.

I don't know if other ports have the same problem, or if I have an
absolute broken ports tree, so if someone can check it, it would be great.

        Ulrich

Re: Can't fetch some distfiles on -current (today)

Landry Breuil-6
On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 11:32:25PM +0100, Ulrich Kahl wrote:
> Hi!
>
> If I try to fetch the distfiles from textproc/intltool and
> x11/xfce4/libxfce4menu, I get errors (forbidden or 404).

x11/xfce4/libxfce4menu is unlinked from the build, and discontinued
upstream (well replaced by garcon as of xfce 4.8).
Should be cvs rm'ed. Check x11/xfce4/Makefile is up to date.

Landry

On 2011/01/27 23:32, Ulrich Kahl wrote:
> Hi!
>
> If I try to fetch the distfiles from textproc/intltool and

https://edge.launchpad.net/intltool/trunk/0.41.1/+download/intltool-0.41.1.tar.gz
works for me. Are you using any non-standard FETCH_CMD?

Re: Can't fetch some distfiles on -current (today)

Bryan Brake
On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 18:10, Stuart Henderson <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On 2011/01/27 23:32, Ulrich Kahl wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> If I try to fetch the distfiles from textproc/intltool and
>
> https://edge.launchpad.net/intltool/trunk/0.41.1/+download/intltool-0.41.1.tar.gz
> works for me. Are you using any non-standard FETCH_CMD?

If any of those try to access SourceForge, there's been a big outage,
and just got SVN up a few hours ago, and the latest I heard was that
CVS was still down.

Re: Can't fetch some distfiles on -current (today)

Kevin Chadwick-2
On Thu, 27 Jan 2011 18:15:54 -0600
Bryan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 18:10, Stuart Henderson <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > On 2011/01/27 23:32, Ulrich Kahl wrote:
> >> Hi!
> >>
> >> If I try to fetch the distfiles from textproc/intltool and
> >
> > https://edge.launchpad.net/intltool/trunk/0.41.1/+download/intltool-0.41.1.tar.gz
> > works for me. Are you using any non-standard FETCH_CMD?
> >

> If any of those try to access SourceForge, there's been a big outage,
> and just got SVN up a few hours ago, and the latest I heard was that
> CVS was still down.

I heard sourceforge had a major security breach, possibly resulting in
trojaned data, a little while back. Maybe this has something to do with
it?

Re: Can't fetch some distfiles on -current (today)

Ulrich Kahl
Am Fri, 28 Jan 2011 00:10:01 +0000
schrieb Stuart Henderson <[hidden email]>:

> On 2011/01/27 23:32, Ulrich Kahl wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > If I try to fetch the distfiles from textproc/intltool and
>
> https://edge.launchpad.net/intltool/trunk/0.41.1/+download/intltool-0.41.1.tar.gz
> works for me. Are you using any non-standard FETCH_CMD?

No, I use the standart way of fetching. AFAIK the problem is a
incompatibility between the ftp client and wwwoffle, since wget and
firefox works flawless.

Sorry for the delay.

        Ulrich

Re: Can't fetch some distfiles on -current (today)

Markus Lude-3
On Tue, Feb 08, 2011 at 05:56:05PM +0100, Ulrich Kahl wrote:

> Am Fri, 28 Jan 2011 00:10:01 +0000
> schrieb Stuart Henderson <[hidden email]>:
>
> > On 2011/01/27 23:32, Ulrich Kahl wrote:
> > > Hi!
> > >
> > > If I try to fetch the distfiles from textproc/intltool and
> >
> > https://edge.launchpad.net/intltool/trunk/0.41.1/+download/intltool-0.41.1.tar.gz
> > works for me. Are you using any non-standard FETCH_CMD?
> >

> No, I use the standart way of fetching. AFAIK the problem is a
> incompatibility between the ftp client and wwwoffle, since wget and
> firefox works flawless.
>
> Sorry for the delay.

Here (-current sparc64) it works without problems, too. Do you just do a
"make fetch" there? Any relevant entries in /etc/mk.conf? Which error
messages do you get?

Regards,
Markus