Can OpenBSD rfmon WLans

Carlos A. Garcia G.
is OBSD able to put a cisco aironet card in rfmon, i want to run kismet
and some other wardriving tools to audit my wlan

Re: Can OpenBSD rfmon WLans

Reyk Floeter-2
On Thu, Nov 23, 2006 at 08:54:42AM -0700, Carlos A. Garcia G. wrote:
> is OBSD able to put a cisco aironet card in rfmon, i want to run kismet
> and some other wardriving tools to audit my wlan

jajaja...

rf monitoring is supported for most of our wireless drivers. with
recent wireless drivers using the net80211 stack, you can also use
tcpdump to dump raw 802.11 traffic (-y ieee802_11 or -y
ieee802_11_radio). kismet can be found in our ports tree, but i
actually never tested it with openbsd (why? i can use tcpdump and
hostapd(8) for wireless monitoring).

reyk

Re: Can OpenBSD rfmon WLans

carlos garcia-5
Ok, jajajaja...
On Thu, 23 Nov 2006 17:56:54 +0100, Reyk Floeter wrote

> On Thu, Nov 23, 2006 at 08:54:42AM -0700, Carlos A. Garcia G. wrote:
> > is OBSD able to put a cisco aironet card in rfmon, i want to run kismet
> > and some other wardriving tools to audit my wlan
> >

> jajaja...
>
> rf monitoring is supported for most of our wireless drivers. with
> recent wireless drivers using the net80211 stack, you can also use
> tcpdump to dump raw 802.11 traffic (-y ieee802_11 or -y
> ieee802_11_radio). kismet can be found in our ports tree, but i
> actually never tested it with openbsd (why? i can use tcpdump and
> hostapd(8) for wireless monitoring).
>
> reyk

Re: Can OpenBSD rfmon WLans

pedro la peu-2
> i actually never tested it with openbsd (why? i can use tcpdump and
> hostapd(8) for wireless monitoring).

Really?

Re: Can OpenBSD rfmon WLans

Carlos A. Garcia G.
But also i want to get my wep encryption so thats why i want to use
kismet can i do that with tpcdump hostapd??????
Reyk Floeter escribis: