CDP with OpenBSD

openbsd-3
Hi All,

I am searching for a Tool with which I can
do the Cisco Discovery Protocol (CDP) requests on
a OpenBSD. I searched in the ports and
packets but did not find any.
Does anyone know one?

After a Google search I found only a pen test tool.
http://yersinia.sourceforge.net/
Looks interesting.
I tried to install it on a OpenBSD 3.7 Stable.
I got
> Libpcap (at least 0.8.x) library is needed in order to compile Yersinia!!...
I downloaded the http://www.tcpdump.org/release/libpcap-0.9.4.tar.gz
but I was not sure to which directory I should it install.
Any hints how to upgrade the libpcap libraries and to which directory
without getting any problems?

Thanks,
Stefan

Re: CDP with OpenBSD

Pete Vickers
Hi,

On 19. nov. 2005, at 18.58, [hidden email] wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am searching for a Tool with which I can
> do the Cisco Discovery Protocol (CDP) requests on

no such things as CDP requests. A host can merely transmit
(broadcast) CDP info packets (by default every 60secs), and/or listen
for them.

> a OpenBSD. I searched in the ports and
> packets but did not find any.
> Does anyone know one?

I've used this before:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/scdp/

you need to tweak a couple of trivial 'all the world is x86' bugs, if
all your world is not....
I'll make a port if there's any demand.