Broadcom BCM5709 and BCM57711 driver features

def

Broadcom BCM5709 and BCM57711 driver features

def
Hi!

Currently using 5.5-stable and It seems (as per hwfeatures) that driver for BCM 5709 (1GE dual port adapter)

doesnt support jumbo frames at all which is critical for activation mpls on bnx.

The card supports jumbo itself.

Return invalid argument when trying to setup jumbo via ifconfig.

is there an way to reach the high mtu values?

Also, simple question - is the driver for Broadcom 10GE dual port adapter BCM 57711 availiable ?

Cant see detected card in dmesg, but googled that someone seen that.

Re: Broadcom BCM5709 and BCM57711 driver features

David Gwynne-5
On 24 Jul 2014, at 19:37, def <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Currently using 5.5-stable and It seems (as per hwfeatures) that driver for BCM 5709 (1GE dual port adapter)
> doesnt support jumbo frames at all which is critical for activation mpls on bnx.
> The card supports jumbo itself.
> Return invalid argument when trying to setup jumbo via ifconfig.
> is there an way to reach the high mtu values?

yes. from memory it just required the use of vi and make.

> Also, simple question - is the driver for Broadcom 10GE dual port adapter BCM 57711 availiable ?
> Cant see detected card in dmesg, but googled that someone seen that.

i started working on that and got distracted.

ill see if i can dig the bnx jumbo diff out. it wont make 5.6 but you can try it out if you want.

def

Re: Re: Broadcom BCM5709 and ­BCM57711 driver features

def
ok doing 'make' for bnx mtu right now.
I knew that its configurable via rebuild, but if standard max value was not set by 5.5, does it mean that it can be turn on safely for kernel or for hw tx/rx rings, memory pages, etc..?

I have some time before install the box to production, so i can try 57711 a little.
As i understood it will be done in 5.6 as stable driver?