Broadcom 440x NIC

Gavin N
I recently installed 4.9 on a Dell Inspiron 1720 laptop, which has the
Broadcom 440x NIC on board.

Has anyone had luck getting the NIC working? It wasn't detected during the
setup.

Re: Broadcom 440x NIC

Jonathan Gray
The bce(4) driver has been re-enabled recently after
being overhauled to deal with hardware limitations.

Wait for 5.0 or try a snapshot.

On Sun, Oct 02, 2011 at 03:58:07PM +1100, Gavin Norman wrote:
> I recently installed 4.9 on a Dell Inspiron 1720 laptop, which has the
> Broadcom 440x NIC on board.
>
> Has anyone had luck getting the NIC working? It wasn't detected during the
> setup.

Re: Broadcom 440x NIC

Gavin N

I'll try a snapshot.
The bce(4) driver has been re-enabled recently after
being overhauled to deal with hardware limitations.

Wait for 5.0 or try a snapshot.

On Sun, Oct 02, 2011 at 03:58:07PM +1100, Gavin Norman wrote:
> I recently installed 4.9 on a Dell Inspiron 1720 laptop, which has the
> Broadcom 440x NIC on board.
>
> Has anyone had luck getting the NIC working? It wasn't detected during the
> setup.

Regards.

Gavin Norman
@Gav_Norman

Re: Broadcom 440x NIC

Gavin N
Using a snapshot worked.

I'm attempting to use VLANs, and I'm not having too much success. Am I being
optimistic?

Regards.

Gavin Norman
@Gav_Norman  <http://twitter.com/Gav_Norman>