Boning the Troll

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Boning the Troll

Jack Woehr-2
Notice that "Thomas" is also "Jash" of the "OpenBSD Doesn't Support 64-Bit Intel" troll which turns out to be
word-for-word yet another posting on the previously cited troll blog site whose URL I will not reproduce here.

Apparently we're dealing here with a dedicated (professional?) agent provacateur.

--
Jack Woehr               # "We commonly say we have no time when,
Box 51, Golden CO 80402  #  of course, we have all that there is."
http://www.softwoehr.com # - James Mason, _The Art of Chess_, 1905

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Boning the Troll

Eric Oyen
I wouldn't say he is a pro. It sounds more like some script kiddie with a better than normal script.

in any case, its time to nip this in the bud before it becomes a full blown weed.

-eric

On Jul 11, 2013, at 10:22 AM, Jack Woehr wrote:

> Notice that "Thomas" is also "Jash" of the "OpenBSD Doesn't Support 64-Bit Intel" troll which turns out to be word-for-word yet another posting on the previously cited troll blog site whose URL I will not reproduce here.
>
> Apparently we're dealing here with a dedicated (professional?) agent provacateur.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Boning the Troll

Jan Stary
In reply to this post by Jack Woehr-2
On Jul 11 11:22:46, [hidden email] wrote:
> Notice that "Thomas" is also "Jash" of the "OpenBSD Doesn't Support
> 64-Bit Intel" troll which turns out to be word-for-word yet another
> posting on the previously cited troll blog site whose URL I will not
> reproduce here.

I find that webpage hilarious,
and do believe it is a joke.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Boning the Troll

Alexey Suslikov
Jan Stary <hans <at> stare.cz> writes:
 
> I find that webpage hilarious,
> and do believe it is a joke.

every time you search it, you give it more search relevancy.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Boning the Troll

phessler
In reply to this post by Jack Woehr-2
Responding to any of their emails feeds the troll.  Ignore them.


--
Meeting, n.:
        An assembly of people coming together to decide what person or
        department not represented in the room must solve a problem.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Boning the Troll

Riccardo Mottola
Hi,

Peter Hessler wrote:
> Responding to any of their emails feeds the troll.  Ignore them.
People feed them quick and eagerly! And when somebody asks more concrete
questions for porting stuff to openbsd, the response pace gets much
slower :)

R

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Boning the Troll

Stuart Henderson
On 2013-07-12, Riccardo Mottola <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Peter Hessler wrote:
>> Responding to any of their emails feeds the troll.  Ignore them.
> People feed them quick and eagerly! And when somebody asks more concrete
> questions for porting stuff to openbsd, the response pace gets much
> slower :)
>
> R
>
>

Troll feeding is a mostly unskilled operation, many more people are
available for this service than for anything requiring actual thought.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Boning the Troll

Rod Whitworth-3
On Fri, 12 Jul 2013 10:59:33 +0000 (UTC), Stuart Henderson wrote:

>
>Troll feeding is a mostly unskilled operation, many more people are
>available for this service than for anything requiring actual thought.
>

+1!

*** NOTE *** Please DO NOT CC me. I <am> subscribed to the list.
Mail to the sender address that does not originate at the list server is tarpitted. The reply-to: address is provided for those who feel compelled to reply off list. Thankyou.

Rod/
---
This life is not the real thing.
It is not even in Beta.
If it was, then OpenBSD would already have a man page for it.