Bind with GSSAPI

Jeff Powell
I've been tearing my hair out trying to get this to work.  I'm running OpenBSD 5.3 x64 and I'm trying to build isc-bind from ports using the -with-gssapi in the Makefile (I want to have the -g option in nsupdate so I can use iscp-dhcp to register  dynamic DNS updates against a secure Windows nameserver).
I've specified --with-gssapi=/usr in the Makefile.  Now, OpenBSD seems to put the gssapi.h in /usr/include/kerberosV, and krb5.h is there too.  Yet, when I make the port it gives the following errors:

checking for GSSAPI library... looking in /usr/lib checking gssapi.h usability... no checking gssapi.h presence... no checking for gssapi.h... no checking gssapi/gssapi.h usability... no checking gssapi/gssapi.h presence... no checking for gssapi/gssapi.h... no
configure: error: gssapi.h not found

I've tried adding symlinks here and there, but nothing works.  I also see that the configure script wants to tack /lib onto the end of whatever path I enter for --with-gssapi=, even though the .h files aren't located in any such folder.

Am I doing something wrong?  I'd appreciate any insights.

Thanks,

Jeff

Re: Bind with GSSAPI

Remco-2
Jeff Powell wrote:

> I've been tearing my hair out trying to get this to work.  I'm running
> OpenBSD 5.3 x64 and I'm trying to build isc-bind from ports using the
> -with-gssapi in the Makefile (I want to have the -g option in nsupdate so
> I can use iscp-dhcp to register  dynamic DNS updates against a secure
> Windows nameserver).
> I've specified --with-gssapi=/usr in the Makefile.  Now, OpenBSD seems to
> put the gssapi.h in /usr/include/kerberosV, and krb5.h is there too.

You need to tell the compiler to look for include files in that directory.
Setting up CFLAGS to do so might help.

Scanning the ports tree to see how other ports deal with this may be
worthwhile too.

> Yet,  when I make the port it gives the following errors:
>
> checking for GSSAPI library... looking in /usr/lib checking gssapi.h
> usability... no checking gssapi.h presence... no checking for gssapi.h...
> no checking gssapi/gssapi.h usability... no checking gssapi/gssapi.h
> presence... no checking for gssapi/gssapi.h... no configure: error:
> gssapi.h not found

If the above doesn't help, did you check the output of config.log ? It may
give you a more exact reason for this failure.

> I've tried adding symlinks here and there, but nothing works.  I also see
> that the configure script wants to tack /lib onto the end of whatever path
> I enter for --with-gssapi=, even though the .h files aren't located in any
> such folder.

Did you check whether this option actually modifies the include file search
path in any way ? If it somehow sets a hardcoded path you probably need to
cook up a patch yourself.

> Am I doing something wrong?  I'd appreciate any insights.

You're posting too often in too many places on a short notice.