BeagleBone Enhanced

Vadim Zhukov
Hi all.

First, I have to sorry for likely stupid questions, I'm a totally
newbie in the ARM world.

I'm looking toward BeagleBone Enhanced -
https://elinux.org/SanCloud:BeagleBoneEnhanced . And there are a few
questions:

1. Does anyone have expirience with it? Or at least things should just
work? Yes, there is on-board Wi-Fi support, but RTL8723BU chip is not
supported; maybe I'll look into it later, but for now I just want to
have a thing to play with. :)

2. It features 4 USB 2.0 ports - does that mean that I could plug in
them any USB (wireless) network adapters OpenBSD supports?

3. If I get "optional JTAG" cable mentioned on the page, this gives
ability to debug things from another host, right?

--
  WBR,
  Vadim Zhukov

Re: BeagleBone Enhanced

Mark Kettenis
> From: Vadim Zhukov <[hidden email]>
> Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2017 12:45:32 +0300
>
> Hi all.
>
> First, I have to sorry for likely stupid questions, I'm a totally
> newbie in the ARM world.
>
> I'm looking toward BeagleBone Enhanced -
> https://elinux.org/SanCloud:BeagleBoneEnhanced . And there are a few
> questions:
>
> 1. Does anyone have expirience with it? Or at least things should just
> work? Yes, there is on-board Wi-Fi support, but RTL8723BU chip is not
> supported; maybe I'll look into it later, but for now I just want to
> have a thing to play with. :)

No experience.  But it's not radically different from the "normal" BBB
which is a rather slow device.  The RTL8723BU chip is a USB device
which is probably easier to support than SDIO.  However...

> 2. It features 4 USB 2.0 ports - does that mean that I could plug in
> them any USB (wireless) network adapters OpenBSD supports?

No.  The USB controllers on the SoC are currently unsupported.  ians@
was trying to make them work.  Not sure how much progress he made.

> 3. If I get "optional JTAG" cable mentioned on the page, this gives
> ability to debug things from another host, right?

In theory, yes.  You should be able to look at various registers while
the thing is running.