Audio output to multiple devices

Jona Joachim
Hello,
if I have multiple audio devices rsnd/0 and rsnd/1, is it possible to
duplicate the output of one program and play it across both devices at
the same time? I went through the sndio manual but I could not find a
way to do this.

Best regards,
Jona

Re: Audio output to multiple devices

Alexandre Ratchov-2
On Thu, Jul 31, 2014 at 04:26:11PM +0000, Jona Joachim wrote:
> Hello,
> if I have multiple audio devices rsnd/0 and rsnd/1, is it possible to
> duplicate the output of one program and play it across both devices at
> the same time? I went through the sndio manual but I could not find a
> way to do this.

hi,

that isn't possible yet. You could duplicate it across two
sub-devices of the same hardware device though (eg. rear speakers
and front speakers).

On 2014-07-31, Alexandre Ratchov <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 31, 2014 at 04:26:11PM +0000, Jona Joachim wrote:
>> Hello,
>> if I have multiple audio devices rsnd/0 and rsnd/1, is it possible to
>> duplicate the output of one program and play it across both devices at
>> the same time? I went through the sndio manual but I could not find a
>> way to do this.
>>

> hi,
>
> that isn't possible yet. You could duplicate it across two
> sub-devices of the same hardware device though (eg. rear speakers
> and front speakers).

Thank you very much!