Atom D2550 (cedarview) working now with kms?

Atom D2550 (cedarview) working now with kms?

Brett Mahar-2
Hi,

Now that the KMS stuff has arrived (thanks for that!), I'm looking at
this device from Shuttle http://axcco.com/xs35v3.html. It has an Atom
D2550 with "Intel GMA 3650 Graphic engine", should it work as well as
the Pineview series Atoms do in displaying Xvideo output?

Also the audio chipset is an Intel IDT92HD81, should it work with azalia(4)?

I've been searching on the net for some answers to these questions, but
could not find any.

Cheers,
Brett.

Re: Atom D2550 (cedarview) working now with kms?

Jonathan Gray-11
On Sun, Mar 24, 2013 at 12:39:26AM +1100, Brett Mahar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Now that the KMS stuff has arrived (thanks for that!), I'm looking
> at this device from Shuttle http://axcco.com/xs35v3.html. It has an
> Atom D2550 with "Intel GMA 3650 Graphic engine", should it work as
> well as the Pineview series Atoms do in displaying Xvideo output?

No, this along with GMA 500/600 and 3600 is PowerVR based.
Even the experimental and incomplete drm driver is GPL
licensed so we'll never touch it.  Thankfully Intel is
ditching the PowerVR parts in the valleyview atoms that
are supposedly coming out later this year.

Re: Atom D2550 (cedarview) working now with kms?

Ted Unangst-6
On Sun, Mar 24, 2013 at 00:39, Brett Mahar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Now that the KMS stuff has arrived (thanks for that!), I'm looking at
> this device from Shuttle http://axcco.com/xs35v3.html. It has an Atom
> D2550 with "Intel GMA 3650 Graphic engine", should it work as well as
> the Pineview series Atoms do in displaying Xvideo output?

No. Only video with D/Nxxx (three digit) Atoms may work, if it's
the regular onboard chipset intel video. A lot of them are nvidia ion,
which is bad news too, obviously. 4 digit models are crazy powervr video.

On 03/24/13 08:00, Ted Unangst wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 24, 2013 at 00:39, Brett Mahar wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Now that the KMS stuff has arrived (thanks for that!), I'm looking at
>> this device from Shuttle http://axcco.com/xs35v3.html. It has an Atom
>> D2550 with "Intel GMA 3650 Graphic engine", should it work as well as
>> the Pineview series Atoms do in displaying Xvideo output?
>
> No. Only video with D/Nxxx (three digit) Atoms may work, if it's
> the regular onboard chipset intel video. A lot of them are nvidia ion,
> which is bad news too, obviously. 4 digit models are crazy powervr video.

Thanks Ted and Jonathan, I would have wasted $200 without that info!
Looks like the ancient core2duo will be playing movies for a while longer.

Re: Atom D2550 (cedarview) working now with kms?

Brad Smith-14
On Sun, Mar 24, 2013 at 01:10:25PM +1100, Brett Mahar wrote:

> On 03/24/13 08:00, Ted Unangst wrote:
> >On Sun, Mar 24, 2013 at 00:39, Brett Mahar wrote:
> >>Hi,
> >>
> >>Now that the KMS stuff has arrived (thanks for that!), I'm looking at
> >>this device from Shuttle http://axcco.com/xs35v3.html. It has an Atom
> >>D2550 with "Intel GMA 3650 Graphic engine", should it work as well as
> >>the Pineview series Atoms do in displaying Xvideo output?
> >
> >No. Only video with D/Nxxx (three digit) Atoms may work, if it's
> >the regular onboard chipset intel video. A lot of them are nvidia ion,
> >which is bad news too, obviously. 4 digit models are crazy powervr video.
> >

> Thanks Ted and Jonathan, I would have wasted $200 without that info!
> Looks like the ancient core2duo will be playing movies for a while
> longer.

The new ValleyView Atom coming out in a few months will finally replace
the PowerVR cores being used in the past with the platform with a Gen7
(Ivy Bridge) core.

believed to be clean.