Atom CPU is clear of L1TF

Rupert Gallagher
While Intel Core and Xeon are affected by L1TF, Atom CPUs (c3000) are clear of it. Applying the patch to Cores and Xeons basically turns those CPUs into Atoms. It is a shame that the self-appointed "most secure OS" does not run on such processors.

Your faithful troll.

Re: Atom CPU is clear of L1TF

Benjamin Baier
On Sat, 25 Aug 2018 07:10:14 +0000
Rupert Gallagher <[hidden email]> wrote:

> While Intel Core and Xeon are affected by L1TF, Atom CPUs (c3000) are clear of it. Applying the patch to Cores and Xeons basically turns those CPUs into Atoms. It is a shame that the self-appointed "most secure OS" does not run on such processors.

What? Atom X works well, why wouldn't it run on C3000?
cpu0 at mainbus0: apid 0 (boot processor)
cpu0: Intel(R) Atom(TM) x7-Z8750 CPU @ 1.60GHz, 1600.36 MHz

> Your faithful troll.
I see.

Re: Atom CPU is clear of L1TF