Asterisk - Addons MOH

Morris, Roy
I have * version 1.2.9.1 running on 4.0 -stable. I must be missing
something simple, where is the 'addons' pkg? I don't see it under
ports either just the sounds. To be clear the only thing I am looking
for is the Music on hold part. "format_mp3"

Thanks
Roy

Re: Asterisk - Addons MOH

Stuart Henderson
On 2007/03/08 13:47, Roy Morris wrote:
> I have * version 1.2.9.1 running on 4.0 -stable. I must be missing
> something simple, where is the 'addons' pkg?

There isn't an OpenBSD package for addons, sorry musiconhold.conf.sample
may have led you to believe that.

> I don't see it under
> ports either just the sounds. To be clear the only thing I am looking
> for is the Music on hold part. "format_mp3"

I would recommend converting the files offline, wav files work
quite well (8khz / mono: sox -c 1 -r 8000)

ISTR format_mp3 can be built with relatively little patching,
I think the rest of asterisk-addons was trickier.

Re: Asterisk - Addons MOH

Roy Morris-4
 Stuart Henderson wrote:

  On 2007/03/08 13:47, Roy Morris wrote:

    I have * version 1.2.9.1 running on 4.0 -stable. I must be missing
    something simple, where is the 'addons' pkg?

  There isn't an OpenBSD package for addons, sorry musiconhold.conf.sample
  may have led you to believe that.

    I don't see it under
    ports either just the sounds. To be clear the only thing I am looking
    for is the Music on hold part. "format_mp3"

  I would recommend converting the files offline, wav files work
  quite well (8khz / mono: sox -c 1 -r 8000)

  ISTR format_mp3 can be built with relatively little patching,
  I think the rest of asterisk-addons was trickier.

Thanks Stuart,
This is exactly what I did in the end. mp3 ->wav->raw and it works great.
While on the Asterisk subject, does meetme work? I have not tried it.

Other then that I have a complete working system for 25-30 users with
no issues running on 4.0 -stable.

cheers, thanks for the great work.
Roy