Are there real mountpoints for gvfs/gio shares ?

Are there real mountpoints for gvfs/gio shares ?

Joel Carnat
Hi,

I was looking at mounting CIFS shares.
OpenBSD is the "client" machine.
CIFS a published by a remote NAS.

Using XFCE and Thunar, everything works well.
But when I try to access the mountpoints from the console, I just can't
find them.

Things like "gio mount smb://", "gio mount -l" and "gio copy" work well.

I read there should be stuff in ~/.gvfs or /run/user/ on Linux.
But couldn't find anything mounted on such directories on OpenBSD.

Is there a way to access the gvfs shares using regular console tools
(other than gio) ?

Thanks.

Re: Are there real mountpoints for gvfs/gio shares ?

Antoine Jacoutot-7
On Thu, Jan 03, 2019 at 02:22:53PM +0100, Joel Carnat wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was looking at mounting CIFS shares.
> OpenBSD is the "client" machine.
> CIFS a published by a remote NAS.
>
> Using XFCE and Thunar, everything works well.
> But when I try to access the mountpoints from the console, I just can't find
> them.
>
> Things like "gio mount smb://", "gio mount -l" and "gio copy" work well.
>
> I read there should be stuff in ~/.gvfs or /run/user/ on Linux.
> But couldn't find anything mounted on such directories on OpenBSD.
>
> Is there a way to access the gvfs shares using regular console tools (other
> than gio) ?

Hi.

I doesn't work on OpenBSD because it requires fuse(4) and the ability for
regular users to mount a filesystem which is a privileged operation.

--
Antoine