Apache 2 License

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Apache 2 License

Bruno Carnazzi
  Hi All,

I've checked the Apache 2 License, which is said to be GPL-2
compatible (http://www.apache.org/licenses/). So, OpenBSD include some
GPL programs (gcc), so what's make it "unacceptable"
(http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq1.html#HowAbout) ? What are the
differences with Apache 1.3 License ?

Thanks,
Best regards,

Bruno.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Apache 2 License

Eric Pancer
On Sat, 2005-12-03 at 09:46:35 +0400, Bruno Carnazzi proclaimed...

> I've checked the Apache 2 License, which is said to be GPL-2
> compatible (http://www.apache.org/licenses/). So, OpenBSD include some
> GPL programs (gcc), so what's make it "unacceptable"
> (http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq1.html#HowAbout) ? What are the
> differences with Apache 1.3 License ?


Either go read the archives, or go step in front of a bus.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Apache 2 License

Bruno Carnazzi
In reply to this post by Bruno Carnazzi
I learn by doing mistakes ! :)

Thank you,

Bruno.

On 12/3/05, Marco Peereboom <[hidden email]> wrote:

> This has been discussed over and over and over and over and over and
> over and over.  Look at the archives, no more NEW gpl code will be
> allowed in the tree.  So besides gcc there is virtually nothing left
> over.
>
> In case you didn't know gpl 2 sucks shit and so does apache 2.
> OpenBSD's version of apache is quite different than what they used to
> ship since we forked it.  Apache 2 is in ports.
>
> Again, this is a very un-researched and, on these lists, considered a
> DUMB question.
>
> On Dec 2, 2005, at 11:46 PM, Bruno Carnazzi wrote:
>
> >   Hi All,
> >
> > I've checked the Apache 2 License, which is said to be GPL-2
> > compatible (http://www.apache.org/licenses/). So, OpenBSD include some
> > GPL programs (gcc), so what's make it "unacceptable"
> > (http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq1.html#HowAbout) ? What are the
> > differences with Apache 1.3 License ?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Best regards,
> >
> > Bruno.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Apache 2 License

Eduardo Alvarenga
> On 12/3/05, Marco Peereboom <[hidden email]> wrote:
(...)
> > In case you didn't know gpl 2 sucks shit and so does apache 2.
> > OpenBSD's version of apache is quite different than what they used to
> > ship since we forked it.  Apache 2 is in ports.

Where? As I can see, It was 6 years ago under www/apache... not now.

Regards,

--
Eduardo Alvarenga