Anybody interested in httperf?

js -2
 Hello, world.

Is there anybody interested in or working on httperf?
According to make search key=httperf, OpenBSD doesn't have httperf port yet.
(FreeBSD and NetBSD have, though)

I'm thinking that If nobody's doing this, it's not bad to try it myself.

Thanks.

Re: Anybody interested in httperf?

K Kadow
On 4/23/06, js <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Is there anybody interested in or working on httperf?

It would be useful to have another option in addition to ab and
http_load -- httperf provides useful features not found in http_load,
including pipelining and replay.

> According to make search key=httperf, OpenBSD doesn't have httperf port yet.
> (FreeBSD and NetBSD have, though)
>
> I'm thinking that If nobody's doing this, it's not bad to try it myself.

I've had difficulty using http_load on OpenBSD to load-test a single
http server, particularly when pf is enabled with "keep state" (my
best guess is OpenBSD's randomized source port is triggering the
'birthday problem'), but even without keeping state I just can't hit a
single remote server with non-pipelined requests from an OpenBSD
client the way a Solaris client can.

Kevin

Re: Anybody interested in httperf?

js -2
> It would be useful to have another option in addition to ab and
> http_load -- httperf provides useful features not found in http_load,
> including pipelining and replay.

I think ab is great tool.
It's fast, have lots of features like
-C to add Cookie line to the request, -p to do POST request and
-H to append any headers you want.

But I need -rate option to do perfect performance test.
http_load seems to have this, but it's too simple to be enough.

A benchmark tool that have cookie support and
be able to append header freely, support rate option and  POST.
httperf seems to have all of these features.

That why I was interested in this tool.