Any Zaurus users left?

trondd
Wondering if there are any Zaurus users still out there.  There are a few
of us chugging along trying to get 5.4 running.  There have been some ports
problems that, so far, have been global to the arm architecture.  I've seen
fixes posted to the ports list but I can't seem to find them pushed to CVS
anywhere.

Anyway, just wondering if there were more of us out there with a Z still
kicking around.

Tim.

Re: Any Zaurus users left?

Alexandre Ratchov-2
On Wed, Mar 26, 2014 at 01:08:26PM -0400, trondd wrote:
> Wondering if there are any Zaurus users still out there.  There are a few
> of us chugging along trying to get 5.4 running.  There have been some ports
> problems that, so far, have been global to the arm architecture.  I've seen
> fixes posted to the ports list but I can't seem to find them pushed to CVS
> anywhere.
>
> Anyway, just wondering if there were more of us out there with a Z still
> kicking around.

I'm still using my C-3200, mainly for small developments or to
connect to other machines.

-- Alexandre

Re: Any Zaurus users left?

Simeó Reig-3
I'm happy to know my/your c-3200 is still running :-D

My best regards to openBSD community

Simeó Reig

> On Wed, Mar 26, 2014 at 01:08:26PM -0400, trondd wrote:
>
>> Wondering if there are any Zaurus users still out there. There are a few of us chugging along trying to get 5.4 running. There have been some ports problems that, so far, have been global to the arm architecture. I've seen fixes posted to the ports list but I can't seem to find them pushed to CVS anywhere. Anyway, just wondering if there were more of us out there with a Z still kicking around.
>
> I'm still using my C-3200, mainly for small developments or to
> connect to other machines.
>
> -- Alexandre

Re: Any Zaurus users left?

Alexandre Ratchov-2
On Wed, Mar 26, 2014 at 07:40:05PM +0100, Simeó Reig wrote:
> I'm happy to know my/your c-3200 is still running :-D

Heh, FYI the whole MIDI support of sndiod was developped on it, as
back in 2009 the C-3200 was my only "laptop" :)

-- Alexandre

Re: Any Zaurus users left?

Fred
On 03/26/14 17:08, trondd wrote:

> Wondering if there are any Zaurus users still out there.  There are a few
> of us chugging along trying to get 5.4 running.  There have been some ports
> problems that, so far, have been global to the arm architecture.  I've seen
> fixes posted to the ports list but I can't seem to find them pushed to CVS
> anywhere.
>
> Anyway, just wondering if there were more of us out there with a Z still
> kicking around.
>
> Tim.

My Zaurus is still ticking away happily on my desk :~)
Mainly used for testing ports stuff.

Fred

Re: Any Zaurus users left?

Mike Hernandez-3
On Mar 26, 2014 6:16 PM, "Fred" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 03/26/14 17:08, trondd wrote:
>>
>> Wondering if there are any Zaurus users still out there.  There are a few
>> of us chugging along trying to get 5.4 running.  There have been some
ports
>> problems that, so far, have been global to the arm architecture.  I've
seen
>> fixes posted to the ports list but I can't seem to find them pushed to
CVS

>> anywhere.
>>
>> Anyway, just wondering if there were more of us out there with a Z still
>> kicking around.
>>
>> Tim.
>>

> My Zaurus is still ticking away happily on my desk :~)
> Mainly used for testing ports stuff.
>
> Fred

All I ever do with mine is upgrade it once or twice a year just to watch it
boot. I wish I could replace the battery. Poor thing can't keep its charge
more than a few mins, which really takes away from its intended purpose as
a mobile device.

--Mike H

Re: Any Zaurus users left?

Fred
On 03/26/14 22:31, Mike Hernandez wrote:

> On Mar 26, 2014 6:16 PM, "Fred" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> On 03/26/14 17:08, trondd wrote:
>>>
>>> Wondering if there are any Zaurus users still out there.  There are a few
>>> of us chugging along trying to get 5.4 running.  There have been some
> ports
>>> problems that, so far, have been global to the arm architecture.  I've
> seen
>>> fixes posted to the ports list but I can't seem to find them pushed to
> CVS
>>> anywhere.
>>>
>>> Anyway, just wondering if there were more of us out there with a Z still
>>> kicking around.
>>>
>>> Tim.
>>>

>> My Zaurus is still ticking away happily on my desk :~)
>> Mainly used for testing ports stuff.
>>
>> Fred
>>

> All I ever do with mine is upgrade it once or twice a year just to watch it
> boot. I wish I could replace the battery. Poor thing can't keep its charge
> more than a few mins, which really takes away from its intended purpose as
> a mobile device.
>
> --Mike H

You can get replacement batteries - but they are about 50 GBP....
But I do have a PSP car charger that I use to power it in the car :~)

Fred

Re: Any Zaurus users left?

trondd
I think I just realized that emails from the list don't come from the list
so I've been replying to individuals.

Does anyone have a build of cmake with the fixed ELF parser issue?  I've
been stuck trying to get cmake to build but I am running into my own weird
issue (hopefully not dying hardware).  Trying to talk someone else through
building cmake for us.

Tim.

On Wed, Mar 26, 2014 at 6:58 PM, Fred <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 03/26/14 22:31, Mike Hernandez wrote:

>>> ports
>>
>>> problems that, so far, have been global to the arm architecture.  I've
>>>>
>>> seen
>>
>>> fixes posted to the ports list but I can't seem to find them pushed to
>>>>
>>> CVS
>>
>>> anywhere.

>>> My Zaurus is still ticking away happily on my desk :~)
>>> Mainly used for testing ports stuff.
>>>
>>> Fred
>>>

>> All I ever do with mine is upgrade it once or twice a year just to watch
>> it
>> boot. I wish I could replace the battery. Poor thing can't keep its charge
>> more than a few mins, which really takes away from its intended purpose as
>> a mobile device.
>>
>> --Mike H
>>

> You can get replacement batteries - but they are about 50 GBP....
> But I do have a PSP car charger that I use to power it in the car :~)
>
> Fred

Re: Any Zaurus users left?

Mike Hernandez-3
On Mar 26, 2014 7:48 PM, "trondd" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I think I just realized that emails from the list don't come from the list
> so I've been replying to individuals.
>
> Does anyone have a build of cmake with the fixed ELF parser issue?  I've
> been stuck trying to get cmake to build but I am running into my own weird
> issue (hopefully not dying hardware).  Trying to talk someone else through
> building cmake for us.
>
> Tim.
>

> On Wed, Mar 26, 2014 at 6:58 PM, Fred <[hidden email]> wrote:

still

> >> All I ever do with mine is upgrade it once or twice a year just to
watch
> >> it
> >> boot. I wish I could replace the battery. Poor thing can't keep its
charge
> >> more than a few mins, which really takes away from its intended
purpose as

> >> a mobile device.
> >>
> >> --Mike H
> >>

> > You can get replacement batteries - but they are about 50 GBP....
> > But I do have a PSP car charger that I use to power it in the car :~)
> >
> > Fred

Just got a new battery, cost me $20 USD from a place called "bigupbattery"-
Let the Zaurus hacks commence once again haha... :)

--Mike H

Re: Any Zaurus users left?

Brandon Mercer-3
Just a few months ago there were a handful of updates from people still
using them. :)
On Apr 21, 2014 7:18 PM, "Mike Hernandez" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mar 26, 2014 7:48 PM, "trondd" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > I think I just realized that emails from the list don't come from the
> list
> > so I've been replying to individuals.
> >
> > Does anyone have a build of cmake with the fixed ELF parser issue?  I've
> > been stuck trying to get cmake to build but I am running into my own
> weird
> > issue (hopefully not dying hardware).  Trying to talk someone else
> through
> > building cmake for us.
> >
> > Tim.

> some

>  I've

> still

> watch
> charge
> purpose as

> > > You can get replacement batteries - but they are about 50 GBP....
> > > But I do have a PSP car charger that I use to power it in the car :~)
> > >
> > > Fred
> >

> Just got a new battery, cost me $20 USD from a place called "bigupbattery"-
> Let the Zaurus hacks commence once again haha... :)
>
> --Mike H

Re: Any Zaurus users left?

trondd
Yeah, a couple of us have been hacking away at them.  Hit a dead end when
we couldn't compile webkit.  Probably going to wait for 5.5 and see if
things compile.

I have a bunch of 5.4 packages built if you want to stay with 5.4

Tim.