An L2TP client for OpenBSD?

Matt Schwartz
I love the L2TP functionality of npppd!  In fact, the entire setup is
elegant.  It would also be great for OpenBSD to be able to function as an
L2TP client.  Is there any program out there or in development that
implements the client side of L2TP?

Thanks much,
Matt

Re: An L2TP client for OpenBSD?

Sebastian Reitenbach
On Saturday, March 2, 2013 03:15 CET, Matt <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I love the L2TP functionality of npppd!  In fact, the entire setup is
> elegant.  It would also be great for OpenBSD to be able to function as an
> L2TP client.  Is there any program out there or in development that
> implements the client side of L2TP?

In -current ports tree there is net/xl2tpd, but nothing in base
what I'm aware of.

Sebastian

On 2013-03-02, Matt <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I love the L2TP functionality of npppd!  In fact, the entire setup is
> elegant.  It would also be great for OpenBSD to be able to function as an
> L2TP client.  Is there any program out there or in development that
> implements the client side of L2TP?
>
> Thanks much,
> Matt

xl2tpd is in -current ports, and will *probably* work on 5.2 (though I have not
tested it there and will not spend any time helping fix it if not). It works though
I have only used it lightly.

However you are out of luck if you want IPv6 in the tunnel as neither npppd nor
our version of pppd (which xl2tpd uses for the actual transfer) support it.