Advices for a new laptop

Domovoy
Hi there, i'm looking for advices on a new laptop.

I'd like to run a dual-boot OpenBSD/Debian linux on it.

Won't play any games, but i need to do some simple 3D with Blender and
FreeCAD (for 3D printing stuff).

No real need for a CD/DVD/BD drive, as long as i can boot on USB.

When doing work that requires a comfortable display i usually have an
external screen plugged in, so i don't need a big screen either,
although i do need the possibility to switch to the external one.

A good WiFi is a must have.

 From what i gathered on the list, Lenovo is a good bet, and i need to
avoid Nvidia graphics, right?

Any more advices are welcome, particularly on a specific model where
everything works. My budget is under 700€.

Re: Advices for a new laptop

Bryan C. Everly-2
The X series and the T series Thinkpads work really well.

My x220 is outstanding. The only device that isn't supported is the
fingerprint reader.  Also the mSATA slot is great for a second SSD. I
dual boot OpenBSD and Arch (for when I need a Virtual Machine) and
just use the F12 key at boot to select the drive I boot off of. Really
simplifies the set up. Also you can put 16gb of ram in this model
(even with an i5 processor) even though the specs say max of 8gb.

Thanks,
Bryan

> On Oct 29, 2015, at 9:41 AM, Domovoy <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi there, i'm looking for advices on a new laptop.
>
> I'd like to run a dual-boot OpenBSD/Debian linux on it.
>
> Won't play any games, but i need to do some simple 3D with Blender and
FreeCAD (for 3D printing stuff).

> No real need for a CD/DVD/BD drive, as long as i can boot on USB.
>
> When doing work that requires a comfortable display i usually have an
external screen plugged in, so i don't need a big screen either, although i do
need the possibility to switch to the external one.

> A good WiFi is a must have.
>
> From what i gathered on the list, Lenovo is a good bet, and i need to avoid
Nvidia graphics, right?

> Any more advices are welcome, particularly on a specific model where
everything works. My budget is under 700€.

Re: Advices for a new laptop

Domovoy
Thinkpads are over my budget (i find them starting with the E550 at 758€
on my usual reseller).

What about the B50-80 (80LT003C): i3, Intel HD 4400, wifi B/G/N/AC,
Gigabit Ethernet, 2x USB3.
Unfortunately i can't find for sure which wireless cards is used
(probably Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160).
If it can allow me to do the little 3D editing i need, it would be a
good fit.

Any information about OpenBSD support for this thing?
(From what i gathered the Intel HD 4400 should work, right?)

Le 2015-10-29 15:00, Bryan Everly a écrit :

> The X series and the T series Thinkpads work really well.
>
> My x220 is outstanding. The only device that isn't supported is the
> fingerprint reader.  Also the mSATA slot is great for a second SSD. I
> dual boot OpenBSD and Arch (for when I need a Virtual Machine) and
> just use the F12 key at boot to select the drive I boot off of. Really
> simplifies the set up. Also you can put 16gb of ram in this model
> (even with an i5 processor) even though the specs say max of 8gb.
>
> Thanks,
> Bryan

Re: Advices for a new laptop

Andrew Gwozdziewycz
The X220 is older, so you can probably find it via ebay or other sources
for way less than your budget.

http://apgwoz.com

Re: Advices for a new laptop

Bryan C. Everly-2
Just FYI I picked up my Thinkpad x220 off of eBay for $200 or so.  OpenBSD
does a great job on even "older" hardware because it is kept so lean by the
developers.

Thanks,
Bryan

On Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 11:33 AM, Domovoy <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thinkpads are over my budget (i find them starting with the E550 at 758€
> on my usual reseller).
>
> What about the B50-80 (80LT003C): i3, Intel HD 4400, wifi B/G/N/AC,
> Gigabit Ethernet, 2x USB3.
> Unfortunately i can't find for sure which wireless cards is used (probably
> Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160).
> If it can allow me to do the little 3D editing i need, it would be a good
> fit.
>
> Any information about OpenBSD support for this thing?
> (From what i gathered the Intel HD 4400 should work, right?)
>

> Le 2015-10-29 15:00, Bryan Everly a écrit :
>
>> The X series and the T series Thinkpads work really well.
>>
>> My x220 is outstanding. The only device that isn't supported is the
>> fingerprint reader.  Also the mSATA slot is great for a second SSD. I
>> dual boot OpenBSD and Arch (for when I need a Virtual Machine) and
>> just use the F12 key at boot to select the drive I boot off of. Really
>> simplifies the set up. Also you can put 16gb of ram in this model
>> (even with an i5 processor) even though the specs say max of 8gb.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Bryan

Re: Advices for a new laptop

Christoph R. Winter
> Thinkpads are over my budget (i find them starting with the E550 at
> 758€
> on my usual reseller).

It depends whether you want a new or a refurbished model. Here in
Europe refurbished X201 with Intel i5 / i7 are available for round 300
Euro (depends on, what is in it).

> What about the B50-80 (80LT003C): i3, Intel HD 4400, wifi B/G/N/AC,
> Gigabit Ethernet, 2x USB3.
> Unfortunately i can't find for sure which wireless cards is used
> (probably Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160).
> If it can allow me to do the little 3D editing i need, it would be a
> good fit.
>
> Any information about OpenBSD support for this thing?
> (From what i gathered the Intel HD 4400 should work, right?)

My Intel HD 4600 (i7) in a W541 works with 2880x1620.

Re: Advices for a new laptop

Kim Zeitler
> What about the B50-80 (80LT003C): i3, Intel HD 4400, wifi B/G/N/AC,
> Gigabit Ethernet, 2x USB3.
Got some for testing here ( meant to run Windows actually) and had
some minor issues with them and sadly not enough time to look
fully into it. But first impressions weren't that 'impressive'

>> My x220 is outstanding. The only device that isn't supported is the
>> fingerprint reader.  Also the mSATA slot is great for a second SSD. I
>> dual boot OpenBSD and Arch (for when I need a Virtual Machine) and
>> just use the F12 key at boot to select the drive I boot off of. Really
>> simplifies the set up. Also you can put 16gb of ram in this model
>> (even with an i5 processor) even though the specs say max of 8gb.
Can only second this, running on an older x220 with an i7 on a fully
encrypted mSATA SSD. Still faster than my coworkers newer kits.
Only thing I had to replace was one battery. Otherwise fine even after
several years of service.

Money on an x220 is well spent. Also they feel more solid than the B50s.

Need to try extending my RAM to 16GB - thanks for the hint Bryan.

Cheers,
Kim

Re: Advices for a new laptop

Domovoy
Thanks for the advices everyone.
That would tend to send me toward a x220 then (even if i'm usually
reluctant to buy second hand laptops).

Only question remaining: would it allow me to make a comfortable use of
FreeCad/blender? (nothing too complex, mainly last minute adjustments on
models for 3D printing)

Le 2015-10-29 18:24, Kim Zeitler a écrit :

>> What about the B50-80 (80LT003C): i3, Intel HD 4400, wifi B/G/N/AC,
>> Gigabit Ethernet, 2x USB3.
> Got some for testing here ( meant to run Windows actually) and had
> some minor issues with them and sadly not enough time to look
> fully into it. But first impressions weren't that 'impressive'
>
>>> My x220 is outstanding. The only device that isn't supported is the
>>> fingerprint reader.  Also the mSATA slot is great for a second SSD. I
>>> dual boot OpenBSD and Arch (for when I need a Virtual Machine) and
>>> just use the F12 key at boot to select the drive I boot off of.
>>> Really
>>> simplifies the set up. Also you can put 16gb of ram in this model
>>> (even with an i5 processor) even though the specs say max of 8gb.
> Can only second this, running on an older x220 with an i7 on a fully
> encrypted mSATA SSD. Still faster than my coworkers newer kits.
> Only thing I had to replace was one battery. Otherwise fine even after
> several years of service.
>
> Money on an x220 is well spent. Also they feel more solid than the
> B50s.
>
> Need to try extending my RAM to 16GB - thanks for the hint Bryan.
>
> Cheers,
> Kim

Re: Advices for a new laptop

Pascal Stumpf
On Thu, 29 Oct 2015 18:47:43 +0100, Domovoy wrote:
> Thanks for the advices everyone.
> That would tend to send me toward a x220 then (even if i'm usually
> reluctant to buy second hand laptops).
>
> Only question remaining: would it allow me to make a comfortable use of
> FreeCad/blender? (nothing too complex, mainly last minute adjustments on
> models for 3D printing)

Blender definitely, but someone (e.g. you) would have to port FreeCAD.

> Le 2015-10-29 18:24, Kim Zeitler a écrit :
> >> What about the B50-80 (80LT003C): i3, Intel HD 4400, wifi B/G/N/AC,
> >> Gigabit Ethernet, 2x USB3.
> > Got some for testing here ( meant to run Windows actually) and had
> > some minor issues with them and sadly not enough time to look
> > fully into it. But first impressions weren't that 'impressive'

> > Can only second this, running on an older x220 with an i7 on a fully
> > encrypted mSATA SSD. Still faster than my coworkers newer kits.
> > Only thing I had to replace was one battery. Otherwise fine even after
> > several years of service.
> >
> > Money on an x220 is well spent. Also they feel more solid than the
> > B50s.
> >
> > Need to try extending my RAM to 16GB - thanks for the hint Bryan.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Kim

Re: Advices for a new laptop

Domovoy
Le 2015-10-29 19:03, Pascal Stumpf a écrit :

> On Thu, 29 Oct 2015 18:47:43 +0100, Domovoy wrote:
>> Thanks for the advices everyone.
>> That would tend to send me toward a x220 then (even if i'm usually
>> reluctant to buy second hand laptops).
>>
>> Only question remaining: would it allow me to make a comfortable use
>> of
>> FreeCad/blender? (nothing too complex, mainly last minute adjustments
>> on
>> models for 3D printing)
>
> Blender definitely, but someone (e.g. you) would have to port FreeCAD.

Well, at first i'll run it under Debian.
But the goal here is definitely to get my head into OpenBSD (tried it
some years ago, always wanted to see more of it).

As for porting stuff, since i'm not too bad with c, c++ and programming
in general, i may very well give it a try one day.

Anyway, i've been following this list for a long time, and as soon as i
receive my x220 you all can expect to read me quite often :) (well, not
before spring actually, my winter is going to be occupied drinking rum,
rock climbing, and partying with friends on a sunny island :P)

Thanks again for the advices, buying that x220 right now!

>> > Got some for testing here ( meant to run Windows actually) and had
>> > some minor issues with them and sadly not enough time to look
>> > fully into it. But first impressions weren't that 'impressive'

>> > Can only second this, running on an older x220 with an i7 on a fully
>> > encrypted mSATA SSD. Still faster than my coworkers newer kits.
>> > Only thing I had to replace was one battery. Otherwise fine even after
>> > several years of service.
>> >
>> > Money on an x220 is well spent. Also they feel more solid than the
>> > B50s.
>> >
>> > Need to try extending my RAM to 16GB - thanks for the hint Bryan.
>> >
>> > Cheers,
>> > Kim

Re: Advices for a new laptop (Free Battery)

Benjamin Baier
On Thu, 29 Oct 2015 20:58:32 +0100
Domovoy <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Thanks again for the advices, buying that x220 right now!

Everybody who bought a x220 or any other Lenovo laptop shipped between
February 2010 and June 2012 you better check your battery.

You might get a new one, because your batterie might be a fire hazard.

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/documents/hf004122
https://lenovobattery2014.orderz.com/

x220 - dmesg
OpenBSD 5.8-current (GENERIC.MP) #1548: Thu Oct 29 09:46:20 MDT 2015
    [hidden email]:/usr/src/sys/arch/amd64/compile/GENERIC.MP
real mem = 8451125248 (8059MB)
avail mem = 8190869504 (7811MB)
mpath0 at root
scsibus0 at mpath0: 256 targets
mainbus0 at root
bios0 at mainbus0: SMBIOS rev. 2.6 @ 0xdae9c000 (64 entries)
bios0: vendor LENOVO version "8DET69WW (1.39 )" date 07/18/2013
bios0: LENOVO 4287CTO
acpi0 at bios0: rev 2
acpi0: sleep states S0 S3 S4 S5
acpi0: tables DSDT FACP SLIC SSDT SSDT SSDT HPET APIC MCFG ECDT ASF! TCPA SSDT SSDT DMAR UEFI UEFI UEFI
acpi0: wakeup devices LID_(S3) SLPB(S3) IGBE(S4) EXP4(S4) EXP7(S4) EHC1(S3) EHC2(S3) HDEF(S4)
acpitimer0 at acpi0: 3579545 Hz, 24 bits
acpihpet0 at acpi0: 14318179 Hz
acpimadt0 at acpi0 addr 0xfee00000: PC-AT compat
cpu0 at mainbus0: apid 0 (boot processor)
cpu0: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2520M CPU @ 2.50GHz, 2492.31 MHz
cpu0: FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CFLUSH,DS,ACPI,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,SS,HTT,TM,PBE,SSE3,PCLMUL,DTES64,MWAIT,DS-CPL,VMX,SMX,EST,TM2,SSSE3,CX16,xTPR,PDCM,PCID,SSE4.1,SSE4.2,x2APIC,POPCNT,DEADLINE,AES,XSAVE,AVX,NXE,LONG,LAHF,PERF,ITSC,SENSOR,ARAT
cpu0: 256KB 64b/line 8-way L2 cache
cpu0: smt 0, core 0, package 0
mtrr: Pentium Pro MTRR support, 10 var ranges, 88 fixed ranges
cpu0: apic clock running at 99MHz
cpu0: mwait min=64, max=64, C-substates=0.2.1.1.2, IBE
cpu1 at mainbus0: apid 1 (application processor)
cpu1: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2520M CPU @ 2.50GHz, 2491.91 MHz
cpu1: FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CFLUSH,DS,ACPI,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,SS,HTT,TM,PBE,SSE3,PCLMUL,DTES64,MWAIT,DS-CPL,VMX,SMX,EST,TM2,SSSE3,CX16,xTPR,PDCM,PCID,SSE4.1,SSE4.2,x2APIC,POPCNT,DEADLINE,AES,XSAVE,AVX,NXE,LONG,LAHF,PERF,ITSC,SENSOR,ARAT
cpu1: 256KB 64b/line 8-way L2 cache
cpu1: smt 1, core 0, package 0
cpu2 at mainbus0: apid 2 (application processor)
cpu2: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2520M CPU @ 2.50GHz, 2491.91 MHz
cpu2: FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CFLUSH,DS,ACPI,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,SS,HTT,TM,PBE,SSE3,PCLMUL,DTES64,MWAIT,DS-CPL,VMX,SMX,EST,TM2,SSSE3,CX16,xTPR,PDCM,PCID,SSE4.1,SSE4.2,x2APIC,POPCNT,DEADLINE,AES,XSAVE,AVX,NXE,LONG,LAHF,PERF,ITSC,SENSOR,ARAT
cpu2: 256KB 64b/line 8-way L2 cache
cpu2: smt 0, core 1, package 0
cpu3 at mainbus0: apid 3 (application processor)
cpu3: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2520M CPU @ 2.50GHz, 2491.91 MHz
cpu3: FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CFLUSH,DS,ACPI,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,SS,HTT,TM,PBE,SSE3,PCLMUL,DTES64,MWAIT,DS-CPL,VMX,SMX,EST,TM2,SSSE3,CX16,xTPR,PDCM,PCID,SSE4.1,SSE4.2,x2APIC,POPCNT,DEADLINE,AES,XSAVE,AVX,NXE,LONG,LAHF,PERF,ITSC,SENSOR,ARAT
cpu3: 256KB 64b/line 8-way L2 cache
cpu3: smt 1, core 1, package 0
ioapic0 at mainbus0: apid 2 pa 0xfec00000, version 20, 24 pins
acpimcfg0 at acpi0 addr 0xf8000000, bus 0-63
acpiec0 at acpi0
acpiprt0 at acpi0: bus 0 (PCI0)
acpiprt1 at acpi0: bus -1 (PEG_)
acpiprt2 at acpi0: bus 2 (EXP1)
acpiprt3 at acpi0: bus 3 (EXP2)
acpiprt4 at acpi0: bus 5 (EXP4)
acpiprt5 at acpi0: bus 13 (EXP5)
acpiprt6 at acpi0: bus -1 (EXP7)
acpicpu0 at acpi0: C3(350@104 io@0x415), C1(1000@1 halt), PSS
acpicpu1 at acpi0: C3(350@104 io@0x415), C1(1000@1 halt), PSS
acpicpu2 at acpi0: C3(350@104 io@0x415), C1(1000@1 halt), PSS
acpicpu3 at acpi0: C3(350@104 io@0x415), C1(1000@1 halt), PSS
acpipwrres0 at acpi0: PUBS, resource for EHC1, EHC2
acpitz0 at acpi0: critical temperature is 99 degC
acpibtn0 at acpi0: LID_
acpibtn1 at acpi0: SLPB
acpibat0 at acpi0: BAT0 model "42T4861" serial 12675 type LION oem "SANYO"
acpibat1 at acpi0: BAT1 not present
acpiac0 at acpi0: AC unit online
acpithinkpad0 at acpi0
acpidock0 at acpi0: GDCK docked (15)
cpu0: Enhanced SpeedStep 2492 MHz: speeds: 2501, 2500, 2200, 2000, 1800, 1600, 1400, 1200, 1000, 800 MHz
pci0 at mainbus0 bus 0
pchb0 at pci0 dev 0 function 0 "Intel Core 2G Host" rev 0x09
inteldrm0 at pci0 dev 2 function 0 "Intel HD Graphics 3000" rev 0x09
drm0 at inteldrm0
inteldrm0: msi
inteldrm0: 1366x768
wsdisplay0 at inteldrm0 mux 1: console (std, vt100 emulation)
wsdisplay0: screen 1-5 added (std, vt100 emulation)
"Intel 6 Series MEI" rev 0x04 at pci0 dev 22 function 0 not configured
em0 at pci0 dev 25 function 0 "Intel 82579LM" rev 0x04: msi, address f0:de:f1:cd:a7:0f
ehci0 at pci0 dev 26 function 0 "Intel 6 Series USB" rev 0x04: apic 2 int 16
usb0 at ehci0: USB revision 2.0
uhub0 at usb0 "Intel EHCI root hub" rev 2.00/1.00 addr 1
azalia0 at pci0 dev 27 function 0 "Intel 6 Series HD Audio" rev 0x04: msi
azalia0: codecs: Conexant CX20590, Intel/0x2805, using Conexant CX20590
audio0 at azalia0
ppb0 at pci0 dev 28 function 0 "Intel 6 Series PCIE" rev 0xb4: msi
pci1 at ppb0 bus 2
ppb1 at pci0 dev 28 function 1 "Intel 6 Series PCIE" rev 0xb4: msi
pci2 at ppb1 bus 3
iwn0 at pci2 dev 0 function 0 "Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205" rev 0x34: msi, MIMO 2T2R, MoW, address 10:0b:a9:9e:65:34
ppb2 at pci0 dev 28 function 3 "Intel 6 Series PCIE" rev 0xb4: msi
pci3 at ppb2 bus 5
ppb3 at pci0 dev 28 function 4 "Intel 6 Series PCIE" rev 0xb4: msi
pci4 at ppb3 bus 13
sdhc0 at pci4 dev 0 function 0 "Ricoh 5U823 SD/MMC" rev 0x04: apic 2 int 16
sdmmc0 at sdhc0
ehci1 at pci0 dev 29 function 0 "Intel 6 Series USB" rev 0x04: apic 2 int 23
usb1 at ehci1: USB revision 2.0
uhub1 at usb1 "Intel EHCI root hub" rev 2.00/1.00 addr 1
pcib0 at pci0 dev 31 function 0 "Intel QM67 LPC" rev 0x04
ahci0 at pci0 dev 31 function 2 "Intel 6 Series AHCI" rev 0x04: msi, AHCI 1.3
ahci0: port 0: 6.0Gb/s
ahci0: port 1: 1.5Gb/s
ahci0: port 2: 3.0Gb/s
scsibus1 at ahci0: 32 targets
sd0 at scsibus1 targ 0 lun 0: <ATA, SanDisk SD6SB1M1, X230> SCSI3 0/direct fixed naa.5001b449c700768f
sd0: 122104MB, 512 bytes/sector, 250069680 sectors, thin
cd0 at scsibus1 targ 1 lun 0: <Optiarc, DVD RW AD-7930H, 1.D1> ATAPI 5/cdrom removable
sd1 at scsibus1 targ 2 lun 0: <ATA, TOSHIBA THNSNH25, HTGA> SCSI3 0/direct fixed naa.500080db000064dc
sd1: 244198MB, 512 bytes/sector, 500118192 sectors, thin
ichiic0 at pci0 dev 31 function 3 "Intel 6 Series SMBus" rev 0x04: apic 2 int 18
iic0 at ichiic0
spdmem0 at iic0 addr 0x50: 4GB DDR3 SDRAM PC3-10600 SO-DIMM
spdmem1 at iic0 addr 0x51: 4GB DDR3 SDRAM PC3-10600 SO-DIMM
isa0 at pcib0
isadma0 at isa0
pckbc0 at isa0 port 0x60/5 irq 1 irq 12
pckbd0 at pckbc0 (kbd slot)
wskbd0 at pckbd0: console keyboard, using wsdisplay0
pms0 at pckbc0 (aux slot)
wsmouse0 at pms0 mux 0
wsmouse1 at pms0 mux 0
pms0: Synaptics clickpad, firmware 8.0
pcppi0 at isa0 port 0x61
spkr0 at pcppi0
aps0 at isa0 port 0x1600/31
uhub2 at uhub0 port 1 "Intel Rate Matching Hub" rev 2.00/0.00 addr 2
uhub3 at uhub2 port 1 "Standard Microsystems product 0x2514" rev 2.00/0.00 addr 3
uhidev0 at uhub3 port 1 configuration 1 interface 0 "TypeMatrix.com USB Keyboard" rev 1.10/1.50 addr 4
uhidev0: iclass 3/1
ukbd0 at uhidev0: 8 variable keys, 6 key codes
wskbd1 at ukbd0 mux 1
wskbd1: connecting to wsdisplay0
uhidev1 at uhub3 port 1 configuration 1 interface 1 "TypeMatrix.com USB Keyboard" rev 1.10/1.50 addr 4
uhidev1: iclass 3/1, 3 report ids
uhid0 at uhidev1 reportid 1: input=1, output=0, feature=0
uhid1 at uhidev1 reportid 2: input=2, output=0, feature=0
uhid2 at uhidev1 reportid 3: input=2, output=1, feature=0
uhidev2 at uhub3 port 2 configuration 1 interface 0 "SteelSeries Kinzu V2 Gaming Mouse" rev 1.10/0.96 addr 5
uhidev2: iclass 3/0
uhid3 at uhidev2: input=32, output=32, feature=255
uhidev3 at uhub3 port 2 configuration 1 interface 1 "SteelSeries Kinzu V2 Gaming Mouse" rev 1.10/0.96 addr 5
uhidev3: iclass 3/1
ums0 at uhidev3: 8 buttons, Z dir
wsmouse2 at ums0 mux 0
ugen0 at uhub2 port 4 "Broadcom Corp Broadcom Bluetooth Device" rev 2.00/7.48 addr 6
uvideo0 at uhub2 port 6 configuration 1 interface 0 "Chicony Electronics Co., Ltd. Integrated Camera" rev 2.00/8.54 addr 7
video0 at uvideo0
uhub4 at uhub1 port 1 "Intel Rate Matching Hub" rev 2.00/0.00 addr 2
vscsi0 at root
scsibus2 at vscsi0: 256 targets
softraid0 at root
scsibus3 at softraid0: 256 targets
softraid0: sd2 was not shutdown properly
sd2 at scsibus3 targ 1 lun 0: <OPENBSD, SR RAID 0, 005> SCSI2 0/direct fixed
sd2: 223732MB, 512 bytes/sector, 458204672 sectors
root on sd1a (cb2b25d2bc04572e.a) swap on sd1b dump on sd1b

Re: Advices for a new laptop (Free Battery)

Domovoy
Good to know, i'll check that as soon as i receive it.