Adaptec 5805Z

Kapetanakis Giannis
Hi,

I'd like to ask if anyone is using Adaptec 5805Z sata/sas raid
controller on OpenBSD.
Is this device tested/supported?

I guess not cause it's not mentioned anywhere on the man pages, aac(4)
etc or the supported hardware web page.

regards,

Giannis

Re: Adaptec 5805Z

Nick Holland
On 11/14/10 08:59, Kapetanakis Giannis wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to ask if anyone is using Adaptec 5805Z sata/sas raid
> controller on OpenBSD.
> Is this device tested/supported?
>
> I guess not cause it's not mentioned anywhere on the man pages, aac(4)
> etc or the supported hardware web page.
>
> regards,
>
> Giannis

Don't hold me to it, but I do believe that is EXACTLY the model involved
in the following events:

http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc&m=125783114503531&w=2
http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc&m=126775051500581&w=2
http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc&m=128779369427908&w=2

(Read 'em in order)

Adaptec: another way of saying "my data is not important"
Adaptec: unsafe on any platform.

Nick.