About mirroring openssh.org

Dmitry Sergeevich
Hello.
We own a domain called openssh.ru and want to make russian mirror of
site openssh.org and of ftp that contains tarballs of OpenSSH and so
on. Our server is located in Russia, at M-10 datacenter. Is it possible to
make an official mirror?

--
Q sb`femhel,
 Dmitry                          mailto:[hidden email]

Re: About mirroring openssh.org

Darren Tucker
On Fri, Nov 18, 2005 at 07:10:57PM +0300, Dmitry Sergeevich wrote:
> Hello.
> We own a domain called openssh.ru and want to make russian mirror of
> site openssh.org and of ftp that contains tarballs of OpenSSH and so
> on. Our server is located in Russia, at M-10 datacenter. Is it possible to
> make an official mirror?

Yes, and thanks for your offer.

For mirroring the website itself, the easiest option is probably
anoncvs.  Pick a convenient anoncvs server from the list at
http://www.openbsd.org/anoncvs.html then checkout the www/openssh module
into the appropriate place, eg:

cvs -d [hidden email]:/cvs co -d openssh www/openssh

then every few hours update it with a "cvs update".

If you wish to mirror the distribution files then see the mirror list at
http://www.openbsd.org/ftp.html.  Pick an mirror method and an upstream
server, preferably one of the second-level mirrors.  I suspect rsync
would be the easiest method here.

Once you're up and running, please send another message to this address
(www@) and we will add you to the list of OpenSSH mirrors.

Please note that at some point in the future we may rationalize the
various mirror lists of OpenBSD and related projects to reduce the
maintenance overhead.  This may mean that only mirrors conforming to
the full OpenBSD mirror policy in the ftp.html page are listed.

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
GPG key 8FF4FA69 / D9A3 86E9 7EEE AF4B B2D4  37C9 C982 80C7 8FF4 FA69