ARM64 coming some day? Also what's the device donations need? (E.g. RockChip RK3399, maybe Allwinner A64 most commodity though)

ARM64 coming some day? Also what's the device donations need? (E.g. RockChip RK3399, maybe Allwinner A64 most commodity though)

Tinker
Hi,

Just humbly wanted to ask if-what ARM64 SBC plans there are.

Regarding chips, I guess the RockChip RK3399 [1] probably is the coolest
commodity ARM64 around. Its performance is ~4x that of other low-end
ARM64 boards [2]. MQMaker [3] and FireFly [4] say their boards should be
on the market in a couple of weeks.

The chip is 20 USD, has six cores, PCIe meaning it can run M.2 NVME
SSD:s, 2x USB3, and supports 4GB DDR4 RAM.

Also chromebooks and laptops and stuff seem to be coming.

I guess the highest-volume board will be the Allwinner A64 though e.g.
Pine64 [5] and Banana Pi BPi-M64 [6].

What kind of donations benefit/need is there for these devices?

Would even one or two devices donations make a difference or how many
are needed to make a difference.

Best regards,
Tinker

[1] http://rockchip.wikidot.com/rk3399 ,
http://www.rock-chips.com/a/en/products/RK33_Series/2016/0419/758.html ,
http://www.linux-rockchip.info/

[2] It scores 1551 at http://browser.primatelabs.com/v4/cpu/690171 ,
that one is clocked 1.5Ghz and the normal speed is 2Ghz so rating should
be even higher e.g. something like 2000, vs. for instance Allwinner A64
scores 432 (http://browser.primatelabs.com/v4/cpu/767801), Raspberry Pi
3 scores 470 (http://browser.primatelabs.com/v4/cpu/258163), and Odroid
Amlogic S905-based C2 scores 652
(http://browser.primatelabs.com/v4/cpu/173414). Meaning it's the fastest
USD 20 ARM64 in production. Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 and Exynos 8890
score around 2000 but are totally unavailable as SBC:s, have drawbacks,
and I think cost very much more.

[3] https://mqmaker.com/

[4] http://en.t-firefly.com/en/

[5] https://www.pine64.org/ .