6to4 relay implementation question

Viktor Horváth
Hello to everyone,

I need help to my Diploma thesis. I have to test 6to4 relay implementations
on openbsd. Which working 6to4 relay implementations are there out for
openbsd? (Including the tunnel maker softwares.)
Thank you for the answer!

greeting:
Viktor Horváth

Re: 6to4 relay implementation question

Jason Barbier
Sixxs has a aiccu package, tunnel broker provides instructions for using the gif interface.  Wide-dhcp v6 works great with Comcast's native v6.

"Viktor Horváth" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Hello to everyone,
>
>I need help to my Diploma thesis. I have to test 6to4 relay
>implementations
>on openbsd. Which working 6to4 relay implementations are there out for
>openbsd? (Including the tunnel maker softwares.)
>Thank you for the answer!
>
>greeting:
>Viktor Horv��th

Re: 6to4 relay implementation question

Peter Hessler
nat64 is built-in to pf

On 2013 Mar 27 (Wed) at 11:49:30 +0100 (+0100), Viktor Horváth wrote:
:Hello to everyone,
:

Her kisses left something to be desired -- the rest of her.

Re: 6to4 relay implementation question

Stuart Henderson
On 2013/03/27 12:56, Peter Hessler wrote:
> nat64 is built-in to pf
>
> On 2013 Mar 27 (Wed) at 11:49:30 +0100 (+0100), Viktor Horváth wrote:
> :Hello to everyone,
> :
> :I need help to my Diploma thesis. I have to test 6to4 relay implementations
> :on openbsd. Which working 6to4 relay implementations are there out for
> :openbsd? (Including the tunnel maker softwares.)
> :Thank you for the answer!

Besides the methods which were already mentioned, there's also gre(4),
and you can carry ipv6 inside ipv4 (and vice-versa) with ipsec (gif
is basically a version of this last case without the ipsec).

And other generic tunnelling protocols can be used, e.g. carrying v6 in
ethernet packets over a layer 2 tunnel, ssh tun forwarding, openvpn,
openconnect etc.

nat64 normally works in combination with a special dns resolver
(e.g. 'dns64' options in newer versions of BIND, there is a patchset
for unbound to do this, totd) and as the name implies works by address
(and protocol) rewriting rather than tunnelling.