6.6 Packages for arm?

Unicorn
Hello,

after encountering some issues with a package that I need (namely redis
not working) while running a snapshot, I wanted to try the package in
-release and found that there are no packages for arm on 6.6.

Since I found packages for 6.5 though, I wanted to ask whether packages
will also be released for 6.6 for arm besides snapshot. As I am new to
OpenBSD and searching the internet and mailing list archives did not
give me answers, I thought I should turn here and ask :)

Thanks in advance!

Best,

Unicorn

Re: 6.6 Packages for arm?

Christian Weisgerber
On 2019-11-17, Unicorn <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Since I found packages for 6.5 though, I wanted to ask whether packages
> will also be released for 6.6 for arm besides snapshot. As I am new to
> OpenBSD and searching the internet and mailing list archives did not
> give me answers, I thought I should turn here and ask :)

It's actually covered by the 6.6 release announcement, although I don't
fault you for having overlooked it:

 - Ports and packages:
    o Pre-built packages are available for the following architectures on
      the day of release:
       - aarch64 (arm64): 10075
       - amd64: 10736
       - i386: 10682
       - sparc64: 9685
       - mips64: 7921
    o Packages for the following architectures will be made available as
      their builds complete:
       - arm
       - mips64el
       - powerpc

Re: 6.6 Packages for arm?

Unicorn
On Sun, 2019-11-17 at 21:14 +0000, Christian Weisgerber wrote:

> On 2019-11-17, Unicorn <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Since I found packages for 6.5 though, I wanted to ask whether
> > packages
> > will also be released for 6.6 for arm besides snapshot. As I am new
> > OpenBSD and searching the internet and mailing list archives did
> > not
> > give me answers, I thought I should turn here and ask :)
>
> It's actually covered by the 6.6 release announcement, although I
> don't
> fault you for having overlooked it:
>
>  - Ports and packages:
>     o Pre-built packages are available for the following
> architectures on
>       the day of release:
>        - aarch64 (arm64): 10075
>        - amd64: 10736
>        - i386: 10682
>        - sparc64: 9685
>        - mips64: 7921
>     o Packages for the following architectures will be made available
> as
>       their builds complete:
>        - arm
>        - mips64el
>        - powerpc

I did indeed miss it, thank you for the heads up!
I assumed something of that sort, I hope the packages arrive soon :)

Best,

Unicorn

Re: 6.6 Packages for arm?

On 2019/11/17 20:09, Unicorn wrote:

> Hello,
>
> after encountering some issues with a package that I need (namely redis
> not working) while running a snapshot, I wanted to try the package in
> -release and found that there are no packages for arm on 6.6.
>
> Since I found packages for 6.5 though, I wanted to ask whether packages
> will also be released for 6.6 for arm besides snapshot. As I am new to
> OpenBSD and searching the internet and mailing list archives did not
> give me answers, I thought I should turn here and ask :)
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Best,
>
> Unicorn

It's a slow architecture (and I think there may have been some hardware
issues, not entirely sure about that). Anyway they are still building.
Currently at around 3400 out of approx 9000 packages, they'll be copied
out when complete.

(The snapshot packages are older).

Re: 6.6 Packages for arm?

Unicorn
On Mon, 2019-11-18 at 11:04 +0000, Stuart Henderson wrote:

> On 2019/11/17 20:09, Unicorn wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > after encountering some issues with a package that I need (namely
> > redis
> > not working) while running a snapshot, I wanted to try the package
> > in
> > -release and found that there are no packages for arm on 6.6.
> >
> > Since I found packages for 6.5 though, I wanted to ask whether
> > packages
> > will also be released for 6.6 for arm besides snapshot. As I am new
> > OpenBSD and searching the internet and mailing list archives did
> > not
> > give me answers, I thought I should turn here and ask :)
> >
> > Thanks in advance!
> >
> > Best,
> >
> > Unicorn
> >

> It's a slow architecture (and I think there may have been some
> hardware
> issues, not entirely sure about that). Anyway they are still
> building.
> Currently at around 3400 out of approx 9000 packages, they'll be
> copied
> out when complete.
>
> (The snapshot packages are older).

Thank you for explaining, that is understandable. :)

Best,

Unicorn