6.3 : how to check microcode?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

6.3 : how to check microcode?

Maurice Janssen-2
Hi,

I just installed 6.3 and it seems to work great.
I've a question about the microcode. Is there a way to check whether an
updated microcode was installed?  I have an i5 Ivybridge CPU and the
Intel microcode is in /etc/firmware/intel, but I don't see anything in
dmesg about it.

Thanks in advance,
Maurice


OpenBSD 6.3 (GENERIC.MP) #107: Sat Mar 24 14:21:59 MDT 2018
[hidden email]:/usr/src/sys/arch/amd64/compile/GENERIC.MP
real mem = 12751667200 (12160MB)
avail mem = 12358139904 (11785MB)
mpath0 at root
scsibus0 at mpath0: 256 targets
mainbus0 at root
bios0 at mainbus0: SMBIOS rev. 2.7 @ 0xeb450 (77 entries)
bios0: vendor American Megatrends Inc. version "F22" date 11/14/2013
bios0: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. Z77-D3H
acpi0 at bios0: rev 2
acpi0: sleep states S0 S3 S4 S5
acpi0: tables DSDT FACP APIC MCFG HPET SSDT SSDT SSDT DMAR
acpi0: wakeup devices P0P1(S4) USB1(S3) USB2(S3) USB3(S3) USB4(S3)
USB5(S3) USB6(S3) USB7(S3) PXSX(S4) RP01(S4) PXSX(S4) RP02(S4) PXSX(S4)
RP03(S4) PXSX(S4) RP04(S4) [...]
acpitimer0 at acpi0: 3579545 Hz, 24 bits
acpimadt0 at acpi0 addr 0xfee00000: PC-AT compat
cpu0 at mainbus0: apid 0 (boot processor)
cpu0: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3403.81 MHz
cpu0:
FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CFLUSH,DS,ACPI,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,SS,HTT,TM,PBE,SSE3,PCLMUL,DTES64,MWAIT,DS-CPL,VMX,SMX,EST,TM2,SSSE3,CX16,xTPR,PDCM,PCID,SSE4.1,SSE4.2,x2APIC,POPCNT,DEADLINE,AES,XSAVE,AVX,F16C,RDRAND,NXE,RDTSCP,LONG,LAHF,PERF,ITSC,FSGSBASE,SMEP,ERMS,IBRS,IBPB,STIBP,SENSOR,ARAT,MELTDOWN
cpu0: 256KB 64b/line 8-way L2 cache
acpitimer0: recalibrated TSC frequency 3403350537 Hz
cpu0: smt 0, core 0, package 0
mtrr: Pentium Pro MTRR support, 10 var ranges, 88 fixed ranges
cpu0: apic clock running at 100MHz
cpu0: mwait min=64, max=64, C-substates=0.2.1.1, IBE
cpu1 at mainbus0: apid 2 (application processor)
cpu1: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3403.35 MHz
cpu1:
FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CFLUSH,DS,ACPI,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,SS,HTT,TM,PBE,SSE3,PCLMUL,DTES64,MWAIT,DS-CPL,VMX,SMX,EST,TM2,SSSE3,CX16,xTPR,PDCM,PCID,SSE4.1,SSE4.2,x2APIC,POPCNT,DEADLINE,AES,XSAVE,AVX,F16C,RDRAND,NXE,RDTSCP,LONG,LAHF,PERF,ITSC,FSGSBASE,SMEP,ERMS,IBRS,IBPB,STIBP,SENSOR,ARAT,MELTDOWN
cpu1: 256KB 64b/line 8-way L2 cache
cpu1: smt 0, core 1, package 0
cpu2 at mainbus0: apid 4 (application processor)
cpu2: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3403.35 MHz
cpu2:
FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CFLUSH,DS,ACPI,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,SS,HTT,TM,PBE,SSE3,PCLMUL,DTES64,MWAIT,DS-CPL,VMX,SMX,EST,TM2,SSSE3,CX16,xTPR,PDCM,PCID,SSE4.1,SSE4.2,x2APIC,POPCNT,DEADLINE,AES,XSAVE,AVX,F16C,RDRAND,NXE,RDTSCP,LONG,LAHF,PERF,ITSC,FSGSBASE,SMEP,ERMS,IBRS,IBPB,STIBP,SENSOR,ARAT,MELTDOWN
cpu2: 256KB 64b/line 8-way L2 cache
cpu2: smt 0, core 2, package 0
cpu3 at mainbus0: apid 6 (application processor)
cpu3: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3403.35 MHz
cpu3:
FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CFLUSH,DS,ACPI,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,SS,HTT,TM,PBE,SSE3,PCLMUL,DTES64,MWAIT,DS-CPL,VMX,SMX,EST,TM2,SSSE3,CX16,xTPR,PDCM,PCID,SSE4.1,SSE4.2,x2APIC,POPCNT,DEADLINE,AES,XSAVE,AVX,F16C,RDRAND,NXE,RDTSCP,LONG,LAHF,PERF,ITSC,FSGSBASE,SMEP,ERMS,IBRS,IBPB,STIBP,SENSOR,ARAT,MELTDOWN
cpu3: 256KB 64b/line 8-way L2 cache
cpu3: smt 0, core 3, package 0
ioapic0 at mainbus0: apid 2 pa 0xfec00000, version 20, 24 pins
acpimcfg0 at acpi0 addr 0xf8000000, bus 0-63
acpihpet0 at acpi0: 14318179 Hz
acpihpet0: recalibrated TSC frequency 3403372040 Hz
acpiprt0 at acpi0: bus 0 (PCI0)
acpiprt1 at acpi0: bus -1 (P0P1)
acpiprt2 at acpi0: bus 1 (RP01)
acpiprt3 at acpi0: bus -1 (RP02)
acpiprt4 at acpi0: bus -1 (RP03)
acpiprt5 at acpi0: bus -1 (RP04)
acpiprt6 at acpi0: bus -1 (RP05)
acpiprt7 at acpi0: bus 2 (RP06)
acpiprt8 at acpi0: bus 4 (RP07)
acpiprt9 at acpi0: bus 5 (RP08)
acpiprt10 at acpi0: bus -1 (PEG0)
acpiprt11 at acpi0: bus -1 (PEG1)
acpiprt12 at acpi0: bus -1 (PEG2)
acpiprt13 at acpi0: bus -1 (PEG3)
acpiec0 at acpi0: not present
acpicpu0 at acpi0: C3(350@80 mwait.1@0x20), C1(1000@1 mwait.1), PSS
acpicpu1 at acpi0: C3(350@80 mwait.1@0x20), C1(1000@1 mwait.1), PSS
acpicpu2 at acpi0: C3(350@80 mwait.1@0x20), C1(1000@1 mwait.1), PSS
acpicpu3 at acpi0: C3(350@80 mwait.1@0x20), C1(1000@1 mwait.1), PSS
acpipwrres0 at acpi0: FN00, resource for FAN0
acpipwrres1 at acpi0: FN01, resource for FAN1
acpipwrres2 at acpi0: FN02, resource for FAN2
acpipwrres3 at acpi0: FN03, resource for FAN3
acpipwrres4 at acpi0: FN04, resource for FAN4
acpitz0 at acpi0: critical temperature is 106 degC
acpitz1 at acpi0: critical temperature is 106 degC
"INT3F0D" at acpi0 not configured
acpibtn0 at acpi0: PWRB
"PNP0C0B" at acpi0 not configured
"PNP0C0B" at acpi0 not configured
"PNP0C0B" at acpi0 not configured
"PNP0C0B" at acpi0 not configured
"PNP0C0B" at acpi0 not configured
acpivideo0 at acpi0: GFX0
acpivout0 at acpivideo0: DD02
cpu0: Enhanced SpeedStep 3403 MHz: speeds: 3801, 3800, 3600, 3500, 3300,
3200, 3000, 2900, 2700, 2500, 2400, 2200, 2100, 1900, 1800, 1600 MHz
pci0 at mainbus0 bus 0
pchb0 at pci0 dev 0 function 0 "Intel Core 3G Host" rev 0x09
inteldrm0 at pci0 dev 2 function 0 "Intel HD Graphics 2500" rev 0x09
drm0 at inteldrm0
inteldrm0: msi
inteldrm0: 1280x1024, 32bpp
wsdisplay0 at inteldrm0 mux 1: console (std, vt100 emulation)
wsdisplay0: screen 1-5 added (std, vt100 emulation)
"Intel 7 Series MEI" rev 0x04 at pci0 dev 22 function 0 not configured
ehci0 at pci0 dev 26 function 0 "Intel 7 Series USB" rev 0x04: apic 2 int 16
usb0 at ehci0: USB revision 2.0
uhub0 at usb0 configuration 1 interface 0 "Intel EHCI root hub" rev
2.00/1.00 addr 1
azalia0 at pci0 dev 27 function 0 "Intel 7 Series HD Audio" rev 0x04: msi
azalia0: codecs: VIA/0x0441, Intel/0x2806, using VIA/0x0441
audio0 at azalia0
ppb0 at pci0 dev 28 function 0 "Intel 7 Series PCIE" rev 0xc4: msi
pci1 at ppb0 bus 1
ppb1 at pci0 dev 28 function 5 "Intel 82801BA Hub-to-PCI" rev 0xc4: msi
pci2 at ppb1 bus 2
ppb2 at pci2 dev 0 function 0 "Intel 82801BA Hub-to-PCI" rev 0x41
pci3 at ppb2 bus 3
em0 at pci3 dev 1 function 0 "Intel 82541GI" rev 0x05: apic 2 int 18,
address 00:0e:0c:b9:60:a0
ppb3 at pci0 dev 28 function 6 "Intel 7 Series PCIE" rev 0xc4: msi
pci4 at ppb3 bus 4
alc0 at pci4 dev 0 function 0 "Attansic Technology L1D" rev 0xc0: msi,
address 90:2b:34:56:64:cd
atphy0 at alc0 phy 0: AR8035 10/100/1000 PHY, rev. 0
ppb4 at pci0 dev 28 function 7 "Intel 7 Series PCIE" rev 0xc4: msi
pci5 at ppb4 bus 5
xhci0 at pci5 dev 0 function 0 "Etron EJ168 xHCI" rev 0x01: msi
usb1 at xhci0: USB revision 3.0
uhub1 at usb1 configuration 1 interface 0 "Etron xHCI root hub" rev
3.00/1.00 addr 1
ehci1 at pci0 dev 29 function 0 "Intel 7 Series USB" rev 0x04: apic 2 int 23
usb2 at ehci1: USB revision 2.0
uhub2 at usb2 configuration 1 interface 0 "Intel EHCI root hub" rev
2.00/1.00 addr 1
pcib0 at pci0 dev 31 function 0 "Intel Z77 LPC" rev 0x04
ahci0 at pci0 dev 31 function 2 "Intel 7 Series AHCI" rev 0x04: msi,
AHCI 1.3
ahci0: port 0: 6.0Gb/s
ahci0: port 2: 1.5Gb/s
ahci0: port 5: 3.0Gb/s
scsibus1 at ahci0: 32 targets
sd0 at scsibus1 targ 0 lun 0: <ATA, Samsung SSD 840, DXT0> SCSI3
0/direct fixed naa.500253855016427f
sd0: 114473MB, 512 bytes/sector, 234441648 sectors, thin
cd0 at scsibus1 targ 2 lun 0: <ATAPI, iHAS124 D, 8L08> ATAPI 5/cdrom
removable
sd1 at scsibus1 targ 5 lun 0: <ATA, SanDisk SDSSDP06, 2.0.> SCSI3
0/direct fixed naa.5001b449f386c495
sd1: 61057MB, 512 bytes/sector, 125045424 sectors, thin
ichiic0 at pci0 dev 31 function 3 "Intel 7 Series SMBus" rev 0x04: apic
2 int 18
iic0 at ichiic0
spdmem0 at iic0 addr 0x50: 4GB DDR3 SDRAM PC3-10600
spdmem1 at iic0 addr 0x51: 2GB DDR3 SDRAM PC3-10600
spdmem2 at iic0 addr 0x52: 4GB DDR3 SDRAM PC3-10600
spdmem3 at iic0 addr 0x53: 2GB DDR3 SDRAM PC3-10600
isa0 at pcib0
isadma0 at isa0
com0 at isa0 port 0x3f8/8 irq 4: ns16550a, 16 byte fifo
pckbc0 at isa0 port 0x60/5 irq 1 irq 12
pckbd0 at pckbc0 (kbd slot)
wskbd0 at pckbd0: console keyboard, using wsdisplay0
pcppi0 at isa0 port 0x61
spkr0 at pcppi0
it0 at isa0 port 0x2e/2: IT8728F rev 1, EC port 0xa30
vmm0 at mainbus0: VMX/EPT
error: [drm:pid0:cpt_set_fifo_underrun_reporting] *ERROR* uncleared pch
fifo underrun on pch transcoder A
error: [drm:pid0:intel_pch_fifo_underrun_irq_handler] *ERROR* PCH
transcoder A FIFO underrun
uhub3 at uhub0 port 1 configuration 1 interface 0 "Intel Rate Matching
Hub" rev 2.00/0.00 addr 2
uhidev0 at uhub3 port 1 configuration 1 interface 0 "CHICONY HP Basic
USB Keyboard" rev 1.10/3.00 addr 3
uhidev0: iclass 3/1
ukbd0 at uhidev0: 8 variable keys, 6 key codes
wskbd1 at ukbd0 mux 1
wskbd1: connecting to wsdisplay0
uhidev1 at uhub3 port 2 configuration 1 interface 0 "Logitech USB-PS/2
Optical Mouse" rev 2.00/11.10 addr 4
uhidev1: iclass 3/1
ums0 at uhidev1: 3 buttons, Z dir
wsmouse0 at ums0 mux 0
uhub4 at uhub2 port 1 configuration 1 interface 0 "Intel Rate Matching
Hub" rev 2.00/0.00 addr 2
vscsi0 at root
scsibus2 at vscsi0: 256 targets
softraid0 at root
scsibus3 at softraid0: 256 targets
root on sd0a (bcbe713dcb48d34c.a) swap on sd0b dump on sd0b

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: 6.3 : how to check microcode?

Jonathan Gray-11
On Tue, Apr 03, 2018 at 01:36:57PM +0200, Maurice Janssen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just installed 6.3 and it seems to work great.
> I've a question about the microcode. Is there a way to check whether an
> updated microcode was installed??? I have an i5 Ivybridge CPU and the Intel
> microcode is in /etc/firmware/intel, but I don't see anything in dmesg about
> it.

The messages regarding microcode versions are gated by UCODE_DEBUG.
You have IBRS,IBPB,STIBP in cpuid so you are running the updated microcode.

>
> Thanks in advance,
> Maurice
>
>
> OpenBSD 6.3 (GENERIC.MP) #107: Sat Mar 24 14:21:59 MDT 2018
> [hidden email]:/usr/src/sys/arch/amd64/compile/GENERIC.MP
> real mem = 12751667200 (12160MB)
> avail mem = 12358139904 (11785MB)
> mpath0 at root
> scsibus0 at mpath0: 256 targets
> mainbus0 at root
> bios0 at mainbus0: SMBIOS rev. 2.7 @ 0xeb450 (77 entries)
> bios0: vendor American Megatrends Inc. version "F22" date 11/14/2013
> bios0: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. Z77-D3H
> acpi0 at bios0: rev 2
> acpi0: sleep states S0 S3 S4 S5
> acpi0: tables DSDT FACP APIC MCFG HPET SSDT SSDT SSDT DMAR
> acpi0: wakeup devices P0P1(S4) USB1(S3) USB2(S3) USB3(S3) USB4(S3) USB5(S3)
> USB6(S3) USB7(S3) PXSX(S4) RP01(S4) PXSX(S4) RP02(S4) PXSX(S4) RP03(S4)
> PXSX(S4) RP04(S4) [...]
> acpitimer0 at acpi0: 3579545 Hz, 24 bits
> acpimadt0 at acpi0 addr 0xfee00000: PC-AT compat
> cpu0 at mainbus0: apid 0 (boot processor)
> cpu0: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3403.81 MHz
> cpu0: FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CFLUSH,DS,ACPI,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,SS,HTT,TM,PBE,SSE3,PCLMUL,DTES64,MWAIT,DS-CPL,VMX,SMX,EST,TM2,SSSE3,CX16,xTPR,PDCM,PCID,SSE4.1,SSE4.2,x2APIC,POPCNT,DEADLINE,AES,XSAVE,AVX,F16C,RDRAND,NXE,RDTSCP,LONG,LAHF,PERF,ITSC,FSGSBASE,SMEP,ERMS,IBRS,IBPB,STIBP,SENSOR,ARAT,MELTDOWN
> cpu0: 256KB 64b/line 8-way L2 cache
> acpitimer0: recalibrated TSC frequency 3403350537 Hz
> cpu0: smt 0, core 0, package 0
> mtrr: Pentium Pro MTRR support, 10 var ranges, 88 fixed ranges
> cpu0: apic clock running at 100MHz
> cpu0: mwait min=64, max=64, C-substates=0.2.1.1, IBE
> cpu1 at mainbus0: apid 2 (application processor)
> cpu1: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3403.35 MHz
> cpu1: FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CFLUSH,DS,ACPI,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,SS,HTT,TM,PBE,SSE3,PCLMUL,DTES64,MWAIT,DS-CPL,VMX,SMX,EST,TM2,SSSE3,CX16,xTPR,PDCM,PCID,SSE4.1,SSE4.2,x2APIC,POPCNT,DEADLINE,AES,XSAVE,AVX,F16C,RDRAND,NXE,RDTSCP,LONG,LAHF,PERF,ITSC,FSGSBASE,SMEP,ERMS,IBRS,IBPB,STIBP,SENSOR,ARAT,MELTDOWN
> cpu1: 256KB 64b/line 8-way L2 cache
> cpu1: smt 0, core 1, package 0
> cpu2 at mainbus0: apid 4 (application processor)
> cpu2: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3403.35 MHz
> cpu2: FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CFLUSH,DS,ACPI,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,SS,HTT,TM,PBE,SSE3,PCLMUL,DTES64,MWAIT,DS-CPL,VMX,SMX,EST,TM2,SSSE3,CX16,xTPR,PDCM,PCID,SSE4.1,SSE4.2,x2APIC,POPCNT,DEADLINE,AES,XSAVE,AVX,F16C,RDRAND,NXE,RDTSCP,LONG,LAHF,PERF,ITSC,FSGSBASE,SMEP,ERMS,IBRS,IBPB,STIBP,SENSOR,ARAT,MELTDOWN
> cpu2: 256KB 64b/line 8-way L2 cache
> cpu2: smt 0, core 2, package 0
> cpu3 at mainbus0: apid 6 (application processor)
> cpu3: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3403.35 MHz
> cpu3: FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CFLUSH,DS,ACPI,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,SS,HTT,TM,PBE,SSE3,PCLMUL,DTES64,MWAIT,DS-CPL,VMX,SMX,EST,TM2,SSSE3,CX16,xTPR,PDCM,PCID,SSE4.1,SSE4.2,x2APIC,POPCNT,DEADLINE,AES,XSAVE,AVX,F16C,RDRAND,NXE,RDTSCP,LONG,LAHF,PERF,ITSC,FSGSBASE,SMEP,ERMS,IBRS,IBPB,STIBP,SENSOR,ARAT,MELTDOWN
> cpu3: 256KB 64b/line 8-way L2 cache
> cpu3: smt 0, core 3, package 0
> ioapic0 at mainbus0: apid 2 pa 0xfec00000, version 20, 24 pins
> acpimcfg0 at acpi0 addr 0xf8000000, bus 0-63
> acpihpet0 at acpi0: 14318179 Hz
> acpihpet0: recalibrated TSC frequency 3403372040 Hz
> acpiprt0 at acpi0: bus 0 (PCI0)
> acpiprt1 at acpi0: bus -1 (P0P1)
> acpiprt2 at acpi0: bus 1 (RP01)
> acpiprt3 at acpi0: bus -1 (RP02)
> acpiprt4 at acpi0: bus -1 (RP03)
> acpiprt5 at acpi0: bus -1 (RP04)
> acpiprt6 at acpi0: bus -1 (RP05)
> acpiprt7 at acpi0: bus 2 (RP06)
> acpiprt8 at acpi0: bus 4 (RP07)
> acpiprt9 at acpi0: bus 5 (RP08)
> acpiprt10 at acpi0: bus -1 (PEG0)
> acpiprt11 at acpi0: bus -1 (PEG1)
> acpiprt12 at acpi0: bus -1 (PEG2)
> acpiprt13 at acpi0: bus -1 (PEG3)
> acpiec0 at acpi0: not present
> acpicpu0 at acpi0: C3(350@80 mwait.1@0x20), C1(1000@1 mwait.1), PSS
> acpicpu1 at acpi0: C3(350@80 mwait.1@0x20), C1(1000@1 mwait.1), PSS
> acpicpu2 at acpi0: C3(350@80 mwait.1@0x20), C1(1000@1 mwait.1), PSS
> acpicpu3 at acpi0: C3(350@80 mwait.1@0x20), C1(1000@1 mwait.1), PSS
> acpipwrres0 at acpi0: FN00, resource for FAN0
> acpipwrres1 at acpi0: FN01, resource for FAN1
> acpipwrres2 at acpi0: FN02, resource for FAN2
> acpipwrres3 at acpi0: FN03, resource for FAN3
> acpipwrres4 at acpi0: FN04, resource for FAN4
> acpitz0 at acpi0: critical temperature is 106 degC
> acpitz1 at acpi0: critical temperature is 106 degC
> "INT3F0D" at acpi0 not configured
> acpibtn0 at acpi0: PWRB
> "PNP0C0B" at acpi0 not configured
> "PNP0C0B" at acpi0 not configured
> "PNP0C0B" at acpi0 not configured
> "PNP0C0B" at acpi0 not configured
> "PNP0C0B" at acpi0 not configured
> acpivideo0 at acpi0: GFX0
> acpivout0 at acpivideo0: DD02
> cpu0: Enhanced SpeedStep 3403 MHz: speeds: 3801, 3800, 3600, 3500, 3300,
> 3200, 3000, 2900, 2700, 2500, 2400, 2200, 2100, 1900, 1800, 1600 MHz
> pci0 at mainbus0 bus 0
> pchb0 at pci0 dev 0 function 0 "Intel Core 3G Host" rev 0x09
> inteldrm0 at pci0 dev 2 function 0 "Intel HD Graphics 2500" rev 0x09
> drm0 at inteldrm0
> inteldrm0: msi
> inteldrm0: 1280x1024, 32bpp
> wsdisplay0 at inteldrm0 mux 1: console (std, vt100 emulation)
> wsdisplay0: screen 1-5 added (std, vt100 emulation)
> "Intel 7 Series MEI" rev 0x04 at pci0 dev 22 function 0 not configured
> ehci0 at pci0 dev 26 function 0 "Intel 7 Series USB" rev 0x04: apic 2 int 16
> usb0 at ehci0: USB revision 2.0
> uhub0 at usb0 configuration 1 interface 0 "Intel EHCI root hub" rev
> 2.00/1.00 addr 1
> azalia0 at pci0 dev 27 function 0 "Intel 7 Series HD Audio" rev 0x04: msi
> azalia0: codecs: VIA/0x0441, Intel/0x2806, using VIA/0x0441
> audio0 at azalia0
> ppb0 at pci0 dev 28 function 0 "Intel 7 Series PCIE" rev 0xc4: msi
> pci1 at ppb0 bus 1
> ppb1 at pci0 dev 28 function 5 "Intel 82801BA Hub-to-PCI" rev 0xc4: msi
> pci2 at ppb1 bus 2
> ppb2 at pci2 dev 0 function 0 "Intel 82801BA Hub-to-PCI" rev 0x41
> pci3 at ppb2 bus 3
> em0 at pci3 dev 1 function 0 "Intel 82541GI" rev 0x05: apic 2 int 18,
> address 00:0e:0c:b9:60:a0
> ppb3 at pci0 dev 28 function 6 "Intel 7 Series PCIE" rev 0xc4: msi
> pci4 at ppb3 bus 4
> alc0 at pci4 dev 0 function 0 "Attansic Technology L1D" rev 0xc0: msi,
> address 90:2b:34:56:64:cd
> atphy0 at alc0 phy 0: AR8035 10/100/1000 PHY, rev. 0
> ppb4 at pci0 dev 28 function 7 "Intel 7 Series PCIE" rev 0xc4: msi
> pci5 at ppb4 bus 5
> xhci0 at pci5 dev 0 function 0 "Etron EJ168 xHCI" rev 0x01: msi
> usb1 at xhci0: USB revision 3.0
> uhub1 at usb1 configuration 1 interface 0 "Etron xHCI root hub" rev
> 3.00/1.00 addr 1
> ehci1 at pci0 dev 29 function 0 "Intel 7 Series USB" rev 0x04: apic 2 int 23
> usb2 at ehci1: USB revision 2.0
> uhub2 at usb2 configuration 1 interface 0 "Intel EHCI root hub" rev
> 2.00/1.00 addr 1
> pcib0 at pci0 dev 31 function 0 "Intel Z77 LPC" rev 0x04
> ahci0 at pci0 dev 31 function 2 "Intel 7 Series AHCI" rev 0x04: msi, AHCI
> 1.3
> ahci0: port 0: 6.0Gb/s
> ahci0: port 2: 1.5Gb/s
> ahci0: port 5: 3.0Gb/s
> scsibus1 at ahci0: 32 targets
> sd0 at scsibus1 targ 0 lun 0: <ATA, Samsung SSD 840, DXT0> SCSI3 0/direct
> fixed naa.500253855016427f
> sd0: 114473MB, 512 bytes/sector, 234441648 sectors, thin
> cd0 at scsibus1 targ 2 lun 0: <ATAPI, iHAS124 D, 8L08> ATAPI 5/cdrom
> removable
> sd1 at scsibus1 targ 5 lun 0: <ATA, SanDisk SDSSDP06, 2.0.> SCSI3 0/direct
> fixed naa.5001b449f386c495
> sd1: 61057MB, 512 bytes/sector, 125045424 sectors, thin
> ichiic0 at pci0 dev 31 function 3 "Intel 7 Series SMBus" rev 0x04: apic 2
> int 18
> iic0 at ichiic0
> spdmem0 at iic0 addr 0x50: 4GB DDR3 SDRAM PC3-10600
> spdmem1 at iic0 addr 0x51: 2GB DDR3 SDRAM PC3-10600
> spdmem2 at iic0 addr 0x52: 4GB DDR3 SDRAM PC3-10600
> spdmem3 at iic0 addr 0x53: 2GB DDR3 SDRAM PC3-10600
> isa0 at pcib0
> isadma0 at isa0
> com0 at isa0 port 0x3f8/8 irq 4: ns16550a, 16 byte fifo
> pckbc0 at isa0 port 0x60/5 irq 1 irq 12
> pckbd0 at pckbc0 (kbd slot)
> wskbd0 at pckbd0: console keyboard, using wsdisplay0
> pcppi0 at isa0 port 0x61
> spkr0 at pcppi0
> it0 at isa0 port 0x2e/2: IT8728F rev 1, EC port 0xa30
> vmm0 at mainbus0: VMX/EPT
> error: [drm:pid0:cpt_set_fifo_underrun_reporting] *ERROR* uncleared pch fifo
> underrun on pch transcoder A
> error: [drm:pid0:intel_pch_fifo_underrun_irq_handler] *ERROR* PCH transcoder
> A FIFO underrun
> uhub3 at uhub0 port 1 configuration 1 interface 0 "Intel Rate Matching Hub"
> rev 2.00/0.00 addr 2
> uhidev0 at uhub3 port 1 configuration 1 interface 0 "CHICONY HP Basic USB
> Keyboard" rev 1.10/3.00 addr 3
> uhidev0: iclass 3/1
> ukbd0 at uhidev0: 8 variable keys, 6 key codes
> wskbd1 at ukbd0 mux 1
> wskbd1: connecting to wsdisplay0
> uhidev1 at uhub3 port 2 configuration 1 interface 0 "Logitech USB-PS/2
> Optical Mouse" rev 2.00/11.10 addr 4
> uhidev1: iclass 3/1
> ums0 at uhidev1: 3 buttons, Z dir
> wsmouse0 at ums0 mux 0
> uhub4 at uhub2 port 1 configuration 1 interface 0 "Intel Rate Matching Hub"
> rev 2.00/0.00 addr 2
> vscsi0 at root
> scsibus2 at vscsi0: 256 targets
> softraid0 at root
> scsibus3 at softraid0: 256 targets
> root on sd0a (bcbe713dcb48d34c.a) swap on sd0b dump on sd0b
>

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: 6.3 : how to check microcode?

Maurice Janssen-2
On Tue, Apr 03, 2018 at 11:37:25PM +1000, Jonathan Gray wrote:

>On Tue, Apr 03, 2018 at 01:36:57PM +0200, Maurice Janssen wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I just installed 6.3 and it seems to work great.
>> I've a question about the microcode. Is there a way to check whether an
>> updated microcode was installed??? I have an i5 Ivybridge CPU and the Intel
>> microcode is in /etc/firmware/intel, but I don't see anything in dmesg about
>> it.
>
>The messages regarding microcode versions are gated by UCODE_DEBUG.
>You have IBRS,IBPB,STIBP in cpuid so you are running the updated microcode.

Great, thanks for your quick reply.

Maurice