6.2 song?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

6.2 song?

jungle Boogie
Hi All,

There's only a few more hours remaining in 2017, at least in my time
zone, are we going to get the 6.2 song before then?

https://www.openbsd.org/62.html

Thanks and happy new year!

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: 6.2 song?

jungle Boogie
Thus said Jungle Boogie on Sun, 31 Dec 2017 14:07:31 -0800
> Hi All,
>
> There's only a few more hours remaining in 2017, at least in my time
> zone, are we going to get the 6.2 song before then?
>
> https://www.openbsd.org/62.html
>
> Thanks and happy new year!
>

Hi again.

Here we are on pi day and unfortunately, I can't celebrate it - there's
still no 6.2 song.

As openBSD is very good with documentation, can the reference to the
song be removed?
https://www.openbsd.org/62.html




Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: 6.2 song?

Stuart Henderson
On 2018-03-15, jungle boogie <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thus said Jungle Boogie on Sun, 31 Dec 2017 14:07:31 -0800
>> Hi All,
>>
>> There's only a few more hours remaining in 2017, at least in my time
>> zone, are we going to get the 6.2 song before then?
>>
>> https://www.openbsd.org/62.html
>>
>> Thanks and happy new year!
>>
>
> Hi again.
>
> Here we are on pi day and unfortunately, I can't celebrate it - there's
> still no 6.2 song.
>
> As openBSD is very good with documentation, can the reference to the
> song be removed?
> https://www.openbsd.org/62.html
>
>
>
>
>

it doesn't say which December.

(and I don't really see why 14/3/2018 would be "pi day"...)


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: 6.2 song?

jungle Boogie
On Mar 14, 2018 6:41 PM, "Stuart Henderson" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
> On 2018-03-15, jungle boogie <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Thus said Jungle Boogie on Sun, 31 Dec 2017 14:07:31 -0800
> >> Hi All,
> >>
> >> There's only a few more hours remaining in 2017, at least in my time
> >> zone, are we going to get the 6.2 song before then?
> >>
> >> https://www.openbsd.org/62.html
> >>
> >> Thanks and happy new year!
> >>
> >
> > Hi again.
> >
> > Here we are on pi day and unfortunately, I can't celebrate it - there's
> > still no 6.2 song.
> >
> > As openBSD is very good with documentation, can the reference to the
> > song be removed?
> > https://www.openbsd.org/62.html
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
>
> it doesn't say which December.

Yes, good point!

>
> (and I don't really see why 14/3/2018 would be "pi day"...)
>
>
Also true. But if we both use iso8601, it's a little more obvious. ;)
Except we would need to drop the first five digits.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: 6.2 song?

Maurice McCarthy-3
In reply to this post by Stuart Henderson
On 15/03/18 01:38, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> On 2018-03-15, jungle boogie <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
> it doesn't say which December.
>
> (and I don't really see why 14/3/2018 would be "pi day"...)
>
>

Pi = 3.14 ...

Personally I think it should be 22nd July, in Britain.

Pi =~ 22/7

:)

 

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: 6.2 song?

Raimo Niskanen-7
On Thu, Mar 15, 2018 at 07:48:45AM +0000, Maurice McCarthy wrote:

> On 15/03/18 01:38, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> > On 2018-03-15, jungle boogie <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> >
> > it doesn't say which December.
> >
> > (and I don't really see why 14/3/2018 would be "pi day"...)
> >
> >
>
> Pi = 3.14 ...

Pi =~ 3.14

>
> Personally I think it should be 22nd July, in Britain.
>
> Pi =~ 22/7

Actually, 22/7 is closer to Pi than 3.14, by about 3e-4.

>
> :)
>
>  

Since Sweden joined the EU it has become a mess about date formats here.
Before that the ISO 8601 was winning, now we have 3 different date markings
on food depending which type of food it is or whatnot.

So I celebrate both Pi dates, just to be sure :-)


--

/ Raimo Niskanen, Erlang/OTP, Ericsson AB