5.9 LIF image not recognised on 712

Simon Vannarath
Hi mailing list,

Just a user on a 712/80, I recently installed 5.8 successfully via the
usual way (netboot LIF) not long before the release of 5.9. I tried
the 5.9 image but the machine does not detect an IPL. I checked older
releases in case my server configuration was the cause but all but 5.9
detect and boot. Has anyone else got this problem? Does anyone even
run OpenBSD on 712?

Re: 5.9 LIF image not recognised on 712

Miod Vallat

> Just a user on a 712/80, I recently installed 5.8 successfully via the
> usual way (netboot LIF) not long before the release of 5.9. I tried
> the 5.9 image but the machine does not detect an IPL. I checked older
> releases in case my server configuration was the cause but all but 5.9
> detect and boot. Has anyone else got this problem? Does anyone even
> run OpenBSD on 712?

Sorry for the atrociously long delay, I've been willing to check on my
712 but could not find the time.

lif59.fs works for me, so do earlier versions.

Are you sure you downloaded the file correctly? I have

SHA256 (lif59.fs) = 19ee8c936241fd8801e179529ae98b2bc46339285ffa0667eeca7a2137edad28

here. (and yes, there are 712 owners running OpenBSD on them)

Re: 5.9 LIF image not recognised on 712

Simon Vannarath
Apologies for the even longer delay, I left my reply as a draft since
August (oops!). Since then I found the time and checked the files (they
were good) and reconfigured the server - looks like my dhcpd server
*was* misconfigured (ugh)! All good, in the process of installing 6.0
now. Thanks!