4.8 arrival!

Neal Hogan
Chicago . . . THANKS!

Re: 4.8 arrival!

Rod Whitworth-3
On Tue, 26 Oct 2010 17:36:00 -0500, Neal Hogan wrote:

>Chicago . . . THANKS!

And all the way through customs to Sydney Australia.
WOW!

*** NOTE *** Please DO NOT CC me. I <am> subscribed to the list.
Mail to the sender address that does not originate at the list server is tarpitted. The reply-to: address is provided for those who feel compelled to reply off list. Thankyou.

Rod/
---
This life is not the real thing.
It is not even in Beta.
If it was, then OpenBSD would already have a man page for it.

Re: 4.8 arrival!

SJP Lists
On 27 October 2010 10:14, Rod Whitworth <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Oct 2010 17:36:00 -0500, Neal Hogan wrote:
>
>>Chicago . . . THANKS!
>>

> And all the way through customs to Sydney Australia.
> WOW!

Me too.  And more nice shirts and a 2.5 CD for old times sake and to
get my hands on my favorite stickers!

Shane

Re: 4.8 arrival!

bsdmaster
Hello,

Would you please consider uploading an iso image of your OpenBSD
4.8 to some public tracker such as thepiratebay.org?

If you are unfamiliar with the process of making an iso-image out
of a CD, or if you need help with the generation and upload of the
torrent file, I may be of some help. Just ask.

Thanks alot, this will be of great use for poor folks like me who
cannot afford the expensive license fees. Yes, I said it, 50CDN$ is
very expensive. Maybe the OpenBSD Company could setup something
like MSDNAA, for stuents to get access to the software for free?

Anyway, I'm getting off topic.

PS: please people, stop bottom-posting. It forces me to scroll down
to read the latest message, and I don't like that. Show some common
sense!

On Thu, 28 Oct 2010 11:14:24 -0400 SJP Lists
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>On 27 October 2010 10:14, Rod Whitworth <[hidden email]>
>wrote:
>> On Tue, 26 Oct 2010 17:36:00 -0500, Neal Hogan wrote:
>>
>>>Chicago . . . THANKS!
>>>

>> And all the way through customs to Sydney Australia.
>> WOW!
>
>Me too.  And more nice shirts and a 2.5 CD for old times sake and
>get my hands on my favorite stickers!
>

>Shane

Re: 4.8 arrival!

Ryan Flannery
On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 9:58 PM,  <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Would you please consider uploading an iso image of your OpenBSD
> 4.8 to some public tracker such as thepiratebay.org?
>
> If you are unfamiliar with the process of making an iso-image out
> of a CD, or if you need help with the generation and upload of the
> torrent file, I may be of some help. Just ask.
>
> Thanks alot, this will be of great use for poor folks like me who
> cannot afford the expensive license fees. Yes, I said it, 50CDN$ is
> very expensive. Maybe the OpenBSD Company could setup something
> like MSDNAA, for stuents to get access to the software for free?
>
> Anyway, I'm getting off topic.
>
> PS: please people, stop bottom-posting. It forces me to scroll down
> to read the latest message, and I don't like that. Show some common
> sense!

Please, please continue these!

If there are enough, I will make a calendar of them...and enjoy them every day.

Re: 4.8 arrival!

Rod Whitworth-3
On Thu, 28 Oct 2010 21:58:22 -0400, [hidden email] wrote:

>PS: please people, stop bottom-posting. It forces me to scroll down
>to read the latest message, and I don't like that. Show some common
>sense!
>
>Anyway, I'm getting off topic.

>Thanks alot, this will be of great use for poor folks like me who
>cannot afford the expensive license fees. Yes, I said it, 50CDN$ is
>very expensive. Maybe the OpenBSD Company could setup something
>like MSDNAA, for stuents to get access to the software for free?
>

>If you are unfamiliar with the process of making an iso-image out
>of a CD, or if you need help with the generation and upload of the
>torrent file, I may be of some help. Just ask.

>Would you please consider uploading an iso image of your OpenBSD
>4.8 to some public tracker such as thepiratebay.org?
>

>Hello,

Answers to paragraphs above in order:
1- Get stuffed!

2-You always were.

3-You just demonstrated your ignorance of how things work here.

4-And did it again, you patronising little prick.

5-No, I won't!

Enjoy your headache!

Remainder stripped for the sake of others.

*** NOTE *** Please DO NOT CC me. I <am> subscribed to the list.
Mail to the sender address that does not originate at the list server is tarpitted. The reply-to: address is provided for those who feel compelled to reply off list. Thankyou.

Rod/
/earth: write failed, file system is full
cp: /earth/creatures: No space left on device

S H

Re: 4.8 arrival!

S H
bsdmaster, IMO you should buy the cd's or wait patiently for them to be
released to the mirrors.  If you rely on OpenBSD enough to ask someone to
take their time to create ISO's and upload them you rely on it enough to buy
it!!!

On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 9:58 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Would you please consider uploading an iso image of your OpenBSD
> 4.8 to some public tracker such as thepiratebay.org?
>
> If you are unfamiliar with the process of making an iso-image out
> of a CD, or if you need help with the generation and upload of the
> torrent file, I may be of some help. Just ask.
>
> Thanks alot, this will be of great use for poor folks like me who
> cannot afford the expensive license fees. Yes, I said it, 50CDN$ is
> very expensive. Maybe the OpenBSD Company could setup something
> like MSDNAA, for stuents to get access to the software for free?
>
> Anyway, I'm getting off topic.
>
> PS: please people, stop bottom-posting. It forces me to scroll down
> to read the latest message, and I don't like that. Show some common
> sense!
>

> On Thu, 28 Oct 2010 11:14:24 -0400 SJP Lists
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >On 27 October 2010 10:14, Rod Whitworth <[hidden email]>
> >wrote:

> >> And all the way through customs to Sydney Australia.
> >> WOW!
> >
> >Me too.  And more nice shirts and a 2.5 CD for old times sake and
> >get my hands on my favorite stickers!
> >

> >Shane

Re: 4.8 arrival!

Abel Abraham Camarillo Ojeda-2
On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 8:58 PM,  <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Would you please consider uploading an iso image of your OpenBSD
> 4.8 to some public tracker such as thepiratebay.org?
>
> If you are unfamiliar with the process of making an iso-image out
> of a CD, or if you need help with the generation and upload of the
> torrent file, I may be of some help. Just ask.
>
> Thanks alot, this will be of great use for poor folks like me who
> cannot afford the expensive license fees. Yes, I said it, 50CDN$ is
> very expensive. Maybe the OpenBSD Company could setup something
> like MSDNAA, for stuents to get access to the software for free?
>
> Anyway, I'm getting off topic.
>
> PS: please people, stop bottom-posting. It forces me to scroll down
> to read the latest message, and I don't like that. Show some common
> sense!
>

> On Thu, 28 Oct 2010 11:14:24 -0400 SJP Lists
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>On 27 October 2010 10:14, Rod Whitworth <[hidden email]>
>>wrote:

>>> And all the way through customs to Sydney Australia.
>>> WOW!
>>
>>Me too. B And more nice shirts and a 2.5 CD for old times sake and
>>get my hands on my favorite stickers!
>>

>>Shane

Hahahaha, very funny.

Re: 4.8 arrival!

Theo de Raadt
> Would you please consider uploading an iso image of your OpenBSD
> 4.8 to some public tracker such as thepiratebay.org?

4.8 is not yet released.

> If you are unfamiliar with the process of making an iso-image out
> of a CD, or if you need help with the generation and upload of the
> torrent file, I may be of some help. Just ask.

Gee, thanks.

> Thanks alot, this will be of great use for poor folks like me who
> cannot afford the expensive license fees. Yes, I said it, 50CDN$ is
> very expensive. Maybe the OpenBSD Company could setup something
> like MSDNAA, for stuents to get access to the software for free?

Or maybe we could go broke instead?

> Anyway, I'm getting off topic.
>
> PS: please people, stop bottom-posting. It forces me to scroll down
> to read the latest message, and I don't like that. Show some common
> sense!

Stop thinking of only yourself.

Re: 4.8 arrival!

Tomas Bodzar-4
On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 4:58 AM,  <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Would you please consider uploading an iso image of your OpenBSD
> 4.8 to some public tracker such as thepiratebay.org?

bottom scrolling.......

> If you are unfamiliar with the process of making an iso-image out
> of a CD, or if you need help with the generation and upload of the
> torrent file, I may be of some help. Just ask.

bottom scrolling.......

> Thanks alot, this will be of great use for poor folks like me who
> cannot afford the expensive license fees. Yes, I said it, 50CDN$ is
> very expensive. Maybe the OpenBSD Company could setup something
> like MSDNAA, for stuents to get access to the software for free?

bottom scrolling.......

> Anyway, I'm getting off topic.

bottom scrolling.......

> PS: please people, stop bottom-posting. It forces me to scroll down
> to read the latest message, and I don't like that. Show some common
> sense!

bottom scrolling.......

UPSSS.....sorry..... :-)

> On Thu, 28 Oct 2010 11:14:24 -0400 SJP Lists
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>On 27 October 2010 10:14, Rod Whitworth <[hidden email]>
>>wrote:

>>> And all the way through customs to Sydney Australia.
>>> WOW!
>>
>>Me too. B And more nice shirts and a 2.5 CD for old times sake and
>>get my hands on my favorite stickers!
>>

>>Shane

Re: 4.8 arrival!

Shane J Pearson-3
On 29 October 2010 12:58,  <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Would you please consider uploading an iso image of your OpenBSD
> 4.8 to some public tracker such as thepiratebay.org?
>
> If you are unfamiliar with the process of making an iso-image out
> of a CD, or if you need help with the generation and upload of the
> torrent file, I may be of some help. Just ask.
>
> Thanks alot, this will be of great use for poor folks like me who
> cannot afford the expensive license fees. Yes, I said it, 50CDN$ is
> very expensive. Maybe the OpenBSD Company could setup something
> like MSDNAA, for stuents to get access to the software for free?
>
> Anyway, I'm getting off topic.
>
> PS: please people, stop bottom-posting. It forces me to scroll down
> to read the latest message, and I don't like that. Show some common
> sense!

No.  Buy the CD or wait for it's release.

The irony of someone sending me this request, given what I do for a
living, is too much to take.

Again, no.  Last I heard, the CD layout is copyright.

Shane

Re: 4.8 arrival!

Jan Stary
On Oct 28 21:58:22, [hidden email] wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Would you please consider uploading an iso image of your OpenBSD
> 4.8 to some public tracker such as thepiratebay.org?
>
> If you are unfamiliar with the process of making an iso-image out
> of a CD, or if you need help with the generation and upload of the
> torrent file, I may be of some help. Just ask.
>
> Thanks alot, this will be of great use for poor folks like me who
> cannot afford the expensive license fees. Yes, I said it, 50CDN$ is
> very expensive. Maybe the OpenBSD Company could setup something
> like MSDNAA, for stuents to get access to the software for free?
>
> Anyway, I'm getting off topic.
>
> PS: please people, stop bottom-posting. It forces me to scroll down
> to read the latest message, and I don't like that. Show some common
> sense!

Having one of these in my misc@ folder each morning is amusing.
Plese go on (but keep them good!)

Re: 4.8 arrival!

Tobias Ulmer
On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 09:58:22PM -0400, [hidden email] wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Would you please consider uploading an iso image of your OpenBSD
> 4.8 to some public tracker such as thepiratebay.org?
>
> If you are unfamiliar with the process of making an iso-image out
> of a CD, or if you need help with the generation and upload of the
> torrent file, I may be of some help. Just ask.
>
> Thanks alot, this will be of great use for poor folks like me who
> cannot afford the expensive license fees. Yes, I said it, 50CDN$ is
> very expensive. Maybe the OpenBSD Company could setup something
> like MSDNAA, for stuents to get access to the software for free?
>
> Anyway, I'm getting off topic.
>
> PS: please people, stop bottom-posting. It forces me to scroll down
> to read the latest message, and I don't like that. Show some common
> sense!
>

> On Thu, 28 Oct 2010 11:14:24 -0400 SJP Lists
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >On 27 October 2010 10:14, Rod Whitworth <[hidden email]>
> >wrote:

> >> And all the way through customs to Sydney Australia.
> >> WOW!
> >
> >Me too.  And more nice shirts and a 2.5 CD for old times sake and
> >get my hands on my favorite stickers!
> >

> >Shane

Obvious troll is obvious.

http://images.starcraftmazter.net/4chan/for_forums/failed_troll.jpg

bai

Re: 4.8 arrival!

Denny White
 On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 09:58:22PM -0400, [hidden email] spoke thusly:

> Hello,
>
> Would you please consider uploading an iso image of your OpenBSD
> 4.8 to some public tracker such as thepiratebay.org?
>
> If you are unfamiliar with the process of making an iso-image out
> of a CD, or if you need help with the generation and upload of the
> torrent file, I may be of some help. Just ask.
>
> Thanks alot, this will be of great use for poor folks like me who
> cannot afford the expensive license fees. Yes, I said it, 50CDN$ is
> very expensive. Maybe the OpenBSD Company could setup something
> like MSDNAA, for stuents to get access to the software for free?
>
> Anyway, I'm getting off topic.
>
> PS: please people, stop bottom-posting. It forces me to scroll down
> to read the latest message, and I don't like that. Show some common
> sense!

Here ya go, bunkie, pump up those brave little fingers and scroll a
couple of lines. And while you're at it, spray some of this all over
your sorry ass:

http://i34.servimg.com/u/f34/14/74/88/46/troll_10.jpg

Now, be a good little troll and get back under your bridge.

> On Thu, 28 Oct 2010 11:14:24 -0400 SJP Lists
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >On 27 October 2010 10:14, Rod Whitworth <[hidden email]>
> >wrote:

> >> And all the way through customs to Sydney Australia.
> >> WOW!
> >
> >Me too.  And more nice shirts and a 2.5 CD for old times sake and
> >get my hands on my favorite stickers!
> >

> >Shane

Denny White - [hidden email]
GnuPG key  : 0x1644E79A  |  http://wwwkeys.de.pgp.net
Fingerprint: D0A9 AD44 1F10 E09E 0E67  EC25 CB44 F2E5 1644 E79A
() ASCII ribbon campaign - against html e-mail

Re: 4.8 arrival!

Joe Warren-Meeks-4
On 29 October 2010 04:08, Theo de Raadt <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> Would you please consider uploading an iso image of your OpenBSD
>> 4.8 to some public tracker such as thepiratebay.org?
>
> 4.8 is not yet released.
>
>> If you are unfamiliar with the process of making an iso-image out
>> of a CD, or if you need help with the generation and upload of the
>> torrent file, I may be of some help. Just ask.
>
> Gee, thanks.
>
>> Thanks alot, this will be of great use for poor folks like me who
>> cannot afford the expensive license fees. Yes, I said it, 50CDN$ is
>> very expensive. Maybe the OpenBSD Company could setup something
>> like MSDNAA, for stuents to get access to the software for free?
>
> Or maybe we could go broke instead?
>
>> Anyway, I'm getting off topic.
>>
>> PS: please people, stop bottom-posting. It forces me to scroll down
>> to read the latest message, and I don't like that. Show some common
>> sense!
>
> Stop thinking of only yourself.

The fact that Theo is so reasonable with this reply leads me to
conclude that he, in fact, is the TrollMaster.

 -- joe.

Re: 4.8 arrival!

Christiano F. Haesbaert
On 28 October 2010 23:58,  <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Would you please consider uploading an iso image of your OpenBSD
> 4.8 to some public tracker such as thepiratebay.org?
>
> If you are unfamiliar with the process of making an iso-image out
> of a CD, or if you need help with the generation and upload of the
> torrent file, I may be of some help. Just ask.
>
> Thanks alot, this will be of great use for poor folks like me who
> cannot afford the expensive license fees. Yes, I said it, 50CDN$ is
> very expensive. Maybe the OpenBSD Company could setup something
> like MSDNAA, for stuents to get access to the software for free?
>
> Anyway, I'm getting off topic.
>
> PS: please people, stop bottom-posting. It forces me to scroll down
> to read the latest message, and I don't like that. Show some common
> sense!

Muahahahaha never !

Re: 4.8 arrival!

Kevin Chadwick-2
On Fri, 29 Oct 2010 04:26:14 -0500
Denny White <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Here ya go, bunkie, pump up those brave little fingers and scroll a
> couple of lines. And while you're at it, spray some of this all over
> your sorry ass:

Please don't abuse the trolls, it's not their fault they have fat
fingers.

Re: 4.8 arrival!

Raimo Niskanen-7
On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 05:36:00PM -0500, Neal Hogan wrote:
> Chicago . . . THANKS!

Stockholm, sweden, yesterday (CET).

I especially appreciate the mount by UID feature and all the ACPI
improvements. And as always all the packaging artwork!