4.7 CDs arrived in Colorado

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

4.7 CDs arrived in Colorado

Mark Zimmerman
Not much to say, except Thanks and WooHoo!

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: 4.7 CDs arrived in Colorado

Ted Roby
On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 7:33 PM, Mark Zimmerman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Not much to say, except Thanks and WooHoo!
>
>
I'll have mine as soon as priority mail gets it from there to here!

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: 4.7 CDs arrived in Colorado

Leonardo Rodrigues
Humm... will packages for 4.7 be available now on FTP, since people
are already getting their pre-order cd sets?

On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 1:46 AM, Ted Roby <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 7:33 PM, Mark Zimmerman <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Not much to say, except Thanks and WooHoo!
>>
>>
> I'll have mine as soon as priority mail gets it from there to here!

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: 4.7 CDs arrived in Colorado

Daniel Ouellet
On 4/28/10 10:38 AM, Leonardo Rodrigues wrote:
> Humm... will packages for 4.7 be available now on FTP, since people
> are already getting their pre-order cd sets?

May 19. That's the date of the official release.

Same thing at each release cycle.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: 4.7 CDs arrived in Colorado

Mark Zimmerman
In reply to this post by Leonardo Rodrigues
> On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 1:46 AM, Ted Roby <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 7:33 PM, Mark Zimmerman <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> Not much to say, except Thanks and WooHoo!
> >>
> >>
> > I'll have mine as soon as priority mail gets it from there to here!
>
On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 11:38:30AM -0300, Leonardo Rodrigues wrote:
> Humm... will packages for 4.7 be available now on FTP, since people
> are already getting their pre-order cd sets?
>

Nope, unless they change the way it has always been. The early
delivered CDs are fun to have, and allow you to do some early goofing
around on spare drives and/or non-production machines. They do not
imply support. That will happen on the release date. This is probably
in the FAQ somewhere.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: 4.7 CDs arrived in Colorado

Ted Roby
On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 8:57 AM, Mark Zimmerman <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
> Nope, unless they change the way it has always been. The early
> delivered CDs are fun to have, and allow you to do some early goofing
> around ...
>


And we get to put our stickers on things before the rest of you.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: 4.7 CDs arrived in Colorado

OpenBSD Europe Orders
In reply to this post by Daniel Ouellet
On 28/04/2010 15:48, Daniel Ouellet wrote:
> On 4/28/10 10:38 AM, Leonardo Rodrigues wrote:
>> Humm... will packages for 4.7 be available now on FTP, since people
>> are already getting their pre-order cd sets?
>
> May 19. That's the date of the official release.

Yeah.

OpenBSD Europe customers:

We will begin shipping on Tuesday the 4th of May with priority being
given to resellers.
We intend to have all orders dispatched by Wednesday. You will receive
an email confirming dispatchment of your shipment.

Also...

With your order, or shortly after, all customers will receive a small
gift for your desk ;-) we're hoping to have them delivered before the
4th of May to ship with orders. If not you'll receive it sometime after
your OpenBSD 4.7 order.

Thanks,

--
OpenBSD Europe

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: 4.7 CDs arrived in Colorado

Leonardo Rodrigues
In reply to this post by Mark Zimmerman
Yes, I understand... :)

I just asked that, because I remember one release where the FTP server
was made available before the official date, due to much people
getting their CD sets earlier from preordering. I thought the same
would happen now, since we still have two weeks until the release
date, and pre-orders are already showing up.

On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 11:57 AM, Mark Zimmerman <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 1:46 AM, Ted Roby <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 7:33 PM, Mark Zimmerman <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> >
>> >> Not much to say, except Thanks and WooHoo!
>> >>
>> >>
>> > I'll have mine as soon as priority mail gets it from there to here!
>>
> On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 11:38:30AM -0300, Leonardo Rodrigues wrote:
>> Humm... will packages for 4.7 be available now on FTP, since people
>> are already getting their pre-order cd sets?
>>
>
> Nope, unless they change the way it has always been. The early
> delivered CDs are fun to have, and allow you to do some early goofing
> around on spare drives and/or non-production machines. They do not
> imply support. That will happen on the release date. This is probably
> in the FAQ somewhere.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: 4.7 CDs arrived in Colorado

Todd Alan Smith-3
In reply to this post by Leonardo Rodrigues
On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 9:38 AM, Leonardo Rodrigues
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Humm... will packages for 4.7 be available now on FTP, since people
> are already getting their pre-order cd sets?

You're looking a gift horse in the mouth.